Page 62 of 390 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

watched 5 episodes now... I don't think there is anyone that lives in that county that has a higher IQ than 80. Everyone is a bumbling idiot and there is something not being told in this show, the police and people in that town obviously have a solid hate for this family and there has to be a reason but its not being told. The one thing that I was thinking is that he may have had a lengthy youth record and the show AND the police can't bring it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    watched 5 episodes now... I don't think there is anyone that lives in that county that has a higher IQ than 80. Everyone is a bumbling idiot and there is something not being told in this show, the police and people in that town obviously have a solid hate for this family and there has to be a reason but its not being told. The one thing that I was thinking is that he may have had a lengthy youth record and the show AND the police can't bring it up.
    I made the comment to my GF at one point that they ought to just lock up that entire county for being excessively and ridiculously stupid. Some of those jail conversations between the nephew and his mom are just profoundly lacking in substance. Like, if they are so utterly incapable of rational thought, maybe jail is the best place for them.

(I say that mostly tongue in cheek - but I just can't even fathom or grasp their lack of intelligence.)

4. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I made the comment to my GF at one point that they ought to just lock up that entire county for being excessively and ridiculously stupid. Some of those jail conversations between the nephew and his mom are just profoundly lacking in substance. Like, if they are so utterly incapable of rational thought, maybe jail is the best place for them.

(I say that mostly tongue in cheek - but I just can't even fathom or grasp their lack of intelligence.)
    yeah?

yeah?

yeah

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

yeah?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I like how after he confessed to murder, his biggest question was whether he'd get to see WrestleMania.

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

I like how after he confessed to murder, his biggest question was whether he'd get to see WrestleMania.
    well he did have a project due for 6th period, so he had to be out of there by 1:20

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That kid was/is not mentally fit for trial or jail. His lawyers failed him even more for not seeing that confession tape and immediately ordering a psych eval from wherever the state mental institute was (Madison, Milwaukee, wherever). It shouldn't have even got past a preliminary hearing, much less two court cases.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

12. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    That kid was/is not mentally fit for trial or jail. His lawyers failed him even more for not seeing that confession tape and immediately ordering a psych eval from wherever the state mental institute was (Madison, Milwaukee, wherever). It shouldn't have even got past a preliminary hearing, much less two court cases.
    Yes, that Len character who was his lawyer should be disbarred and never allowed to work as an attorney anywhere, ever...

But the part I struggle with, is, "ok, so we know his lawyer is incompetent and handled the case wrong at every turn," but nevertheless, why are we willing to just give him a pass for being dumb? So the confession was obviously coerced, but then what really happened? I mean, I just think an innocent person, no matter how dumb, would be able to mount some sort of a defense. Anything. I think he's dumb and guilty, and thus unable to effectively reason as to what the correct approach ought to be.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Yes, that Len character who was his lawyer should be disbarred and never allowed to work as an attorney anywhere, ever...

But the part I struggle with, is, "ok, so we know his lawyer is incompetent and handled the case wrong at every turn," but nevertheless, why are we willing to just give him a pass for being dumb? So the confession was obviously coerced, but then what really happened? I mean, I just think an innocent person, no matter how dumb, would be able to mount some sort of a defense. Anything. I think he's dumb and guilty, and thus unable to effectively reason as to what the correct approach ought to be.
    There's almost no evidence that supports (at least shown in the documentary) the story of her torture, and there's no way anyone in this family could clean that place that clean in five days (alluded to in court, briefly, in what we see). Brendan is clearly coaxed (I think coerced is too strong of a word here) into confirming this story, but we're never told where that story comes from, the one where she's tied up and essentially tortured. He clearly didn't just come out with that and the investigators seemed to know that's how everything supposedly happened, but what the audience isn't told is how that becomes known to the investigators initially.

Is this kid dumb, or mentally incompetent? I tend to bend towards him being mentally incompetent.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

16. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Brendan just wanted to cut her hair.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

18. The Following User High Fived Bronco4ever For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

What's you guys' theories behind officer Colburn calling in the plate # on the morning she was reported as missing. I suppose you could argue he was just confirming he had the right information but that is not at all how it sounded, and if that was the reason why not just say that during the trial? When he he heard that recording of his own call to dispatch he honestly looked terrified

Like Buff I have a hard time believing these moron cops actually killed a woman and pinned it on this dude because it would be easier to just make him disappear probably but some shit definitely was up. My idea is that because of the lawsuit and because of Avery's past this sheriff's department was watching this guy like a hawk, probably illegally without warrents. I think Colburn found the vehicle on the property but could not call it in because of lack of warrant.

It's definitely a weird case and there is no doubt in my mind that at least some of the evidence was planted.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

20. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

BTW, thanks for the recommendation Buffalo. I watched the first five minutes maybe three weeks ago, and was a little turned off by how redneck Steven and his family were, so I never went back to it until you recommended it. Turns out the redneck, IQ part, is integral to the story. Fascinating watch.

22. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Also, does it make me a bad person to think it's impossible to be intelligent and have that accent?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    What's you guys' theories behind officer Colburn calling in the plate # on the morning she was reported as missing. I suppose you could argue he was just confirming he had the right information but that is not at all how it sounded, and if that was the reason why not just say that during the trial? When he he heard that recording of his own call to dispatch he honestly looked terrified

Like Buff I have a hard time believing these moron cops actually killed a woman and pinned it on this dude because it would be easier to just make him disappear probably but some shit definitely was up. My idea is that because of the lawsuit and because of Avery's past this sheriff's department was watching this guy like a hawk, probably illegally without warrents. I think Colburn found the vehicle on the property but could not call it in because of lack of warrant.

It's definitely a weird case and there is no doubt in my mind that at least some of the evidence was planted.
    I legitimately think they found her remains and the car at the third site. In the authorities' version there is no reason her blood is in the SUV. As to who did it, though. I don't know. I wouldn't put it past Coburn and Lenk, honestly.

26. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post

I agree with your theory. He found it through an illegal search and so they had to cover their tracks and get the search party to find it (within their first 20 minutes on the property) to make it seem legitimate.

28. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information