Page 61 of 390 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I finished it. I find the whole thing very frustrating. At the end of the day the part that I can't get past is, where did Theresa go if the Averys didn't kill her? That was the last place she was seen alive, and the last place her phone was working, and then her car turns up on his property. So if Steven Avery didn't do it, one of the other family members probably did.

I think at minimum the show exposed how totally corrupt and inept the police are there - and how they operate with basically no oversight - but I still don't have any explanation for how she was killed. I don't think the cops killed her to frame Steve Avery, and so what other explanation is there?

I think the most shocking part about this whole thing is how unbelievably dumb everyone is. I just cannot for the life of me understand how an innocent person would struggle as badly as his nephew to give a coherent answer, process a thought, stand up for yourself, whatever.

I think it makes more sense if he's guilty and just doesn't know what to do about it with his pea sized brain. But then I question whether I'm falling into the same trap as everyone else and rushing to judgment. Some of those prison conversations are painful to listen to because they are just so inept and they show such a complete lack of understanding.

Long story short - I think they're both guilty and I think the cops are guilty of bias and corruption.
    I can't wrap my head around the lack of her blood. If he killed her in the trailer or garage or even in the junkyard, why didn't the police find any of her blood anywhere? Avery is too stupid to be able to clean all of it up.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I can't wrap my head around the lack of her blood. If he killed her in the trailer or garage or even in the junkyard, why didn't the police find any of her blood anywhere. Avery is too stupid to be able to clean all of it up.
    I agree with that - but it doesn't seem like much of a stretch to say they killed her somewhere other than the bedroom. But then that calls into question why the kid testified that they stabbed her there, and had her tied up, etc.

But again - the logical leap that I cannot seem to make is that the cops were somehow in on her killing. It is entirely believable that they fabricated evidence against him - but then how did she die? And how did the car end up on the Avery property? I just don't think anyone in that neck of the woods is sophisticated enough to pull off any sort of elaborate scheme.

3. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

I agree with that - but it doesn't seem like much of a stretch to say they killed her somewhere other than the bedroom. But then that calls into question why the kid testified that they stabbed her there, and had her tied up, etc.

But again - the logical leap that I cannot seem to make is that the cops were somehow in on her killing. It is entirely believable that they fabricated evidence against him - but then how did she die? And how did the car end up on the Avery property? I just don't think anyone in that neck of the woods is sophisticated enough to pull off any sort of elaborate scheme.
    I don't think the nephew did anything. I believe the police simply took advantage of his extremely low self esteem and IQ and his mother is another complete moron. How could she let her son be interviewed that many times for hours and hours without an attorney? Unbelieveable.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I don't think the nephew did anything. I believe the police simply took advantage of his extremely low self esteem and IQ and his mother is another complete moron. How could she let her son be interviewed that many times for hours and hours without an attorney? Unbelieveable.
    I really have strong mixed feelings on this. Because on one hand - the cops are so corrupt, and the kid is so helpless because of his IQ - but on the other hand, I have a hard time believing an innocent person could be so utterly incapable of mounting any sort of defense for themselves. He is so shockingly and profoundly stupid that it's impossible to know.

6. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

The true cost

A documentary about the fashion industry.

Really good.

It's on Netflix, only watch it if you are interested in ethical living and environmental conservation.

If you are a conservative capitalist, you will think it is hippy leftist propaganda

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I finished it. I find the whole thing very frustrating. At the end of the day the part that I can't get past is, where did Theresa go if the Averys didn't kill her? That was the last place she was seen alive, and the last place her phone was working, and then her car turns up on his property. So if Steven Avery didn't do it, one of the other family members probably did.

I think at minimum the show exposed how totally corrupt and inept the police are there - and how they operate with basically no oversight - but I still don't have any explanation for how she was killed. I don't think the cops killed her to frame Steve Avery, and so what other explanation is there?

I think the most shocking part about this whole thing is how unbelievably dumb everyone is. I just cannot for the life of me understand how an innocent person would struggle as badly as his nephew to give a coherent answer, process a thought, stand up for yourself, whatever.

I think it makes more sense if he's guilty and just doesn't know what to do about it with his pea sized brain. But then I question whether I'm falling into the same trap as everyone else and rushing to judgment. Some of those prison conversations are painful to listen to because they are just so inept and they show such a complete lack of understanding.

Long story short - I think they're both guilty and I think the cops are guilty of bias and corruption.
    I've been sick the last couple of days and started watching this I'm up to episode 4, good lord what a joke these cops are. That so called confession by the very dumb nephew was ridiculous. Those cops might as well have just had the dope sign a blank sheet of paper that they could fill out later.

I have no idea if he did it but that confession was no confession at all.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

9. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

And I think the Nephew's attorney is nearly as dumb as he is.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

After watching this (I'm now on episode 9) the piece of evidence that I can't shake or reason out is officer Colburn calling in Teresa Halbech's plate number the same day she was reported missing. He had no answer for that on the stand but then it really isn't mentioned again but I just can't figure out why he'd be doing that. He even describes the car. It really sounded like he was looking at the car at that very moment.

Also, how was there not any blood anywhere. Doesn't seem plausible.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

lol just last night my wife was talking about wanting to watch this series. I kind of brushed it off and gave her a sarcastic answer that I can't even be bothered to remember right now... but now you guys have me wanting to watch this show... well this is awkward

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

14. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    lol just last night my wife was talking about wanting to watch this series. I kind of brushed it off and gave her a sarcastic answer that I can't even be bothered to remember right now... but now you guys have me wanting to watch this show... well this is awkward
    Based on these comments, I'm a bit disappointed in MrsBJ. Sounds like a pretty good story.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

It's 4:20 in the morning and I just binge watched the first four episodes. It is a great watch, and I'm trying not to read any of the above comments as not to reveal anything.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

I really have strong mixed feelings on this. Because on one hand - the cops are so corrupt, and the kid is so helpless because of his IQ - but on the other hand, I have a hard time believing an innocent person could be so utterly incapable of mounting any sort of defense for themselves. He is so shockingly and profoundly stupid that it's impossible to know.
    As someone who interns in an Innocence Project, don't be shocked. The stress levels are insane in those situations. It's a different world when you're dealing with that sort of thing.

watched the first couple last night... poor guy is just not very bright and I can already see what's going to happen.

Cops: "Ya hi, we're the police that hate you, can we have you leave while we search your house please?"
    Avery: "Sure, sounds good to me!"
    Last edited by weazel; 01-06-2016 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The lack of blood and physical evidence is extremely disturbing. Brendan's confession and the lack of anyone's thought to test the kid's mental competence is also strange and disturbing.

I don't think the family is smart enough to rightly dispute many of the allegations intelligently.

Several aspects I want to know more about, the headlights seen by the brother and the third burn sight. I also feel like there's something missing from the documentary that doesn't explain why absolutely nothing goes these people's way, which makes me wonder about the bias of the documentary.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I started rewatching the BBC's Sherlock. What a solid show.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information