Page 335 of 390 FirstFirst ... 235 285 325 333 334 335 336 337 345 385 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,025 of 5838

Thread: What are you watching?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Finished up the Vikings series finale yesterday on Prime. Still not sure how i feel about it all but they seemed to have wrapped everything up nicely with some cool surprises. The last couple of seasons have not been as good as it initially was but i did find some enjoyment out of it mainly due to the characters of Lagatha, Bjorn, and Ivar.

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

After watching the trailer that kept auto playing on Netflix of the sewer pipe dripping on his head, I didn't think there is anyway I would like Schitts Creek.

After seeing all you guys talk about it, we started watching it a year or so ago. Rather than just straight binge watching, we used it as fill in at the end of a night, watching an episode here or there.

Halfway through the final episode, and damn it, I'm sad it's over.

Ewwww David!

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Watched the 1st part of the 2 part Tiger Woods documentary on HBOMax. Good stuff. I'm anxious to see part 2.

It didn't seem to have any earth-shattering revelations, however did a much more in depth take on his family and school life early on. Some neat anecdotes as well. A great one on his Master's win to complete the "Tiger Slam" regarding him and Phil Mickelson who played together the final day. Good stuff.

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Watched the 1st part of the 2 part Tiger Woods documentary on HBOMax. Good stuff. I'm anxious to see part 2.

It didn't seem to have any earth-shattering revelations, however did a much more in depth take on his family and school life early on. Some neat anecdotes as well. A great one on his Master's win to complete the "Tiger Slam" regarding him and Phil Mickelson who played together the final day. Good stuff.
    They got to the high school girlfriend, which I hadn’t seen before. This is basically a retelling of Wright Thompson’s long form, but I don’t think he had that early stuff. Apparently the second half isn’t quite as salacious as the last scene kind of implied it was.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Finished Vikings great series but this last season was a bit underwhelming still good though. Pretty excited though to hear that Vikings Valhalla will have some tie ins despite being 100 years later on the timeline......Also the good doctor is the other show were watching and its pretty damn good. Reminds me a bit of Dr. House
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

8. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Cobra Kai is silly and cheesy but in a good 80s throwback way that I don't hate.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Cobra Kai is a national treasure

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Just watched the 1st season of the Servant. Wow. Well worth the investment. Love me some Shyamallammadingdong

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I watched Part 2. It was fine. Nothing explosive.

I feel like it wanted to be a huge redemption story and kind of fell flat. Needs another two or three Majors and a successful, fulfilling, spousal-type relationship and continued bonding with his kids to make that work.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Finished Cobra Kai season 3 tonight. Loved where the last episode ended up. The actor who plays Robby really ******* annoys me.

There are so many moments where I laugh my ass off at how contrived the conflicts are or how cheesy it gets. Any other show and I would think it sucks, but because I love the Karate Kid nostalgia, and because Larusso's wife often pokes fun at the sillyness of it all, I love it.

I started showing my homeroom class the 1st KK movie today. They're supposed to be doing homework or getting tutoring or reading a book. But what's more important here? What would Mr. Miyagi do?

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

See......on apple TV...pretty crazy series so far, interesting concept. Worth checking out, were 3 episodes in and are digging it.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

The Mandalorian - Season 2
    Really enjoying it.
    Jon Favreau has taken Star Wars, stripped it down to its bare bones, and made it fun and cool again.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I recently re-watched The Sopranos from start to finish. Finished it a couple weeks ago.

Still holds its own. It's gotta be top 5, if not top 3. And yes, I like the ending.

Which got me wondering about "The Wire" again. Years ago when I watched "The Wire" I thought it the best series all-time and remember having a debate here about Sopranos vs. The Wire.

So, with The Sopranos fresh in my mind, I decided to re-watch The Wire. I just finished Season 1 last night. I remember Season 5 falling off, but Season 1 is everything I remember it being. Just a tremendously well-done program. From the script, to the acting, to the entire production.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I recently re-watched The Sopranos from start to finish. Finished it a couple weeks ago.

Still holds its own. It's gotta be top 5, if not top 3. And yes, I like the ending.

Which got me wondering about "The Wire" again. Years ago when I watched "The Wire" I thought it the best series all-time and remember having a debate here about Sopranos vs. The Wire.

So, with The Sopranos fresh in my mind, I decided to re-watch The Wire. I just finished Season 1 last night. I remember Season 5 falling off, but Season 1 is everything I remember it being. Just a tremendously well-done program. From the script, to the acting, to the entire production.
    Did they feel dated to you at all? I never got into The Wire and it was on my list for years, and I finally tried to watch it last year and got part way through Season 1 but it didn't hook me like I was hoping it would.

Also tried to get the GF into Sopranos but it didn't stick. Might have to try both again since the well has mostly run dry on TV options we both agree on these days.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Did they feel dated to you at all? I never got into The Wire and it was on my list for years, and I finally tried to watch it last year and got part way through Season 1 but it didn't hook me like I was hoping it would.

Also tried to get the GF into Sopranos but it didn't stick. Might have to try both again since the well has mostly run dry on TV options we both agree on these days.

How far did you get into The Wire?

I have been telling my brother for years to watch it, and he never has. This time through I noted that the hook gets set in episodes 7-9. 1-6 are all set-up and there's a lot to set up. Like a huge jet, it needs a lot of runway to get off the ground, but once it does. . . .damn.

Yes, they're both somewhat dated. Cell phones/pagers. . . pay phones! But the underlying story is timeless.

What really strikes me again about The Wire is that you like virtually all of the characters. The drug dealers, the police, the druggies/addicts. The good guys, and the bad guys are all portrayed in a manner that you can see their motivations and their incentives, and everyone is just reacting to the incentives around them.

In The Wire, the only universally unlikable characters are the elite power-brokers and politicos who get to play by a different set of rules.

If you didn't get through episode 8 or 9 of season 1, you haven't hit the real hook yet. It gets damn good at that point.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information