Page 300 of 390 FirstFirst ... 200 250 290 298 299 300 301 302 310 350 ... LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 5840

Thread: What are you watching?

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Making fun of it is def not cool, but I understand the perspective that it's a huge distraction for some of us. We will get used to it, I'm sure, and that's fine. But I really like communication that is hard-hitting, and if I'm distracted sometimes I don't even know what's being said. It's new, so it will take some time to adjust. I'm a fan of including everyone--being left out sucks.

Then again, maybe there's a way that is better for everyone--an off-screen interpreter that is optional like CC? That makes too much sense though. Tell me what you think.
    Good question. We just need interpreters for emergency news and breaking news. Plus, national anthem at Super Bowl. That's all. Movies and tv shows don't need interpreters. Just closed caption. Movie theaters provide closed captioning devices. It's all good.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Good question. We just need interpreters for emergency news and breaking news. Plus, national anthem at Super Bowl. That's all. Movies and tv shows don't need interpreters. Just closed caption. Movie theaters provide closed captioning devices. It's all good.
    I also need interpreters for news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Wife has me checking out Super Natural. She had watched the first five seasons, but with fewer and fewer new shows likely to air over the next six plus months (none of the summer and fall shows are filming, and even Walking Dead isn't going to air it's season finale, as the last episode got derailed in post production), we are looking for things.

Watched three episodes last night, and am just not sure. This things clearly had staying power, as it went (or is going still) 15 seasons, but can't decide if I can stick with it.

Might rewatch Chuck, because anything with Yvonne Stravosky is worth watching. Maybe I'll rewatch the last season or two of Dexter, when she made the appearance.

Super Natural is a good show, and it ages well and gets better as it goes. I'd finish the first season, Tned. One of the best parts of that show is the character development.

I also like the 'monster of the week' shows, so I have a bias.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

7. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Super Natural is a good show, and it ages well and gets better as it goes. I'd finish the first season, Tned. One of the best parts of that show is the character development.

I figure I'll stick through the first season for sure, and go from there. I find, more than not, I've liked CW shows, maybe I've started long after they aired. Unfortunately, I'm not a big fan of the "monster of the week" type show, and through the first couple episodes, that's what it seems like. However, the wife said that as it goes on (again, she only watched first five seasons, but wants to restart and watch the rest), she said it starts to have a more organized plot/story line. She said, not sure when it starts, but at a certain point, the storyline develops to the point that if you miss an episode or aren't paying attention, that will impact you understanding some things in future episodes -- or something to that effect, because like when I watch TV and only half pat attention, I was only half paying attention to her. lol

9. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I figure I'll stick through the first season for sure, and go from there. I find, more than not, I've liked CW shows, maybe I've started long after they aired. Unfortunately, I'm not a big fan of the "monster of the week" type show, and through the first couple episodes, that's what it seems like. However, the wife said that as it goes on (again, she only watched first five seasons, but wants to restart and watch the rest), she said it starts to have a more organized plot/story line. She said, not sure when it starts, but at a certain point, the storyline develops to the point that if you miss an episode or aren't paying attention, that will impact you understanding some things in future episodes -- or something to that effect, because like when I watch TV and only half pat attention, I was only half paying attention to her. lol
    It does get a more organized plot, and he way the plot comes together from this loosey goosey affair to a pinpoint and well-built show is also fun because it makes sense from both an artistic and logistical standpoint. JMO.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

11. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

It does get a more organized plot, and he way the plot comes together from this loosey goosey affair to a pinpoint and well-built show is also fun because it makes sense from both an artistic and logistical standpoint. JMO.
    I'll definitely stick it out at least through the first season and into the second, and then go from there.

I'm not sure how filled the Netflix and other streaming network pipeline is, but I fear that network and cable is going to be pretty sparse on new shows, if they can't get back to filming and post production soon. It might be they have some series that they pulled, before even airing, that they might rollout, but this is going to really but a dent into new releases.

So, figure we need to either rewatch some series, or hit some of the things we started, but didn't stick with (Billions, Boardwork, Breaking Bad, Blood ties, etc.). Hmmm, just noticed those are all B shows, might need to try some C, D and E's as well.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I dont know, the wife and have watched it up to Season 8 and i think its basically run its course with us. Its nothing more than a rinse and repeat type of series at this point. I would say the first 4-5 seasons are really good though.

14. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

‘the best man holiday’.... great movie

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Making a Murderer season 2

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

18. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The Devs. I like it. I’m not exactly sure what’s going on with some of the computer science, but excellently made and I really like the cinematography choices. Gives it an eerie vibe.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Westworld is really starting to lose me. I just don’t know the purpose.

This show has always made me feel dumb, but now I’m just kind of lost.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

It's overrated.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

It's overrated.
    Evan Rachel Wood can wear a dress though.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information