Page 219 of 390 FirstFirst ... 119 169 209 217 218 219 220 221 229 269 319 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 5840

Thread: What are you watching?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Thought it was poor.
    Maybe too sober? Idk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Maybe too sober? Idk.
    I watched it while in a foul mood. Might have had something to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I watched it while in a foul mood. Might have had something to do with it.
    Not enough shows like that. It gets points for novelty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Thought it was poor.
    Lol, what? Come on, dog.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Lol, what? Come on, dog.
    You critique my opinion but get my name wrong?!?!? I am King87, not Dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Watching the Science Channel. Some great shows on ancient Egypt today. Currently they're talking about how they built boats used to bring quarried limestone to the Giza site.

9. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Watching the Science Channel. Some great shows on ancient Egypt today. Currently they're talking about how they built boats used to bring quarried limestone to the Giza site.
    In them days, the reckon the giza site was literally on the banks of the Nile didn't they?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    In them days, the reckon the giza site was literally on the banks of the Nile didn't they?
    Closer, but not "on the bank" according to that show. They have core samples and other evidence showing the Nile was about a mile away (currently ~5 miles) but they built a canal that during the flood season would allow them to bring the blocks to the site.

Further, the stones that make up the bulk of the pyramids were quarried very close to them, the only ones really needing transport were the whie limestone used on the outer layers. They came from a quarry about 12 miles away up the Nile.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I stand corrected. They also quarried granite from Aswan far to the south and used boats to bring it to Giza.

14. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Closer, but not "on the bank" according to that show. They have core samples and other evidence showing the Nile was about a mile away (currently ~5 miles) but they built a canal that during the flood season would allow them to bring the blocks to the site.

Further, the stones that make up the bulk of the pyramids were quarried very close to them, the only ones really needing transport were the whie limestone used on the outer layers. They came from a quarry about 12 miles away up the Nile.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Crazy how much they've learned about the construction of Giza recently. They uncovered caves next to the pyramids that contained tools, boats, e.t.c. and some scrolls/papyrus from a guy named Merer who was a supervisor of boat movement. He wrote down all his trips, what they carried, etc. They also found proof of how they moved the blocks. It was long known they used rollers but evidence now also suggests they built tracks as well. Most of these discoveries from these caves were within the last year.

If you guys are like me and are very interested I highly suggest Secrets Of The Lost on the Science channel. The episodes about the pyramids are phenomenal.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I've been watching a lot of older programs. M*A*S*H, Seinfeld, Law & Order (original). Hell, even shows like The Andy Griffith Show and Gunsmoke.

Channels like Sundance, MeTV, TV Land and Laff. Guess I'm just sick of the new stuff and news channels.

Yes, I'm a dork.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Started watching this series on Netflix called "The Last Kingdom" which has a very "Vikings" feel about it. Not quite as good as Vikings but interesting so far 3 episodes in.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Started watching this series on Netflix called "The Last Kingdom" which has a very "Vikings" feel about it. Not quite as good as Vikings but interesting so far 3 episodes in.
    I just started that as well - i am kind of getting into it, but i need to always stop myself for longing for lagartha and ragnar and co

23. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Oh man, this show on the Karnak Temple Complex might be even better than the pyramid shows today. Finding that Ramesses II just had them plaster over his Dad's carvings... brutal... his Dad had the complex built!

If it weren't for the Bronco game I'd be stuck on Science channel all day!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information