Page 154 of 390 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 254 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 5840

Thread: What are you watching?

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

El Chapo is a very good show.

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    El Chapo is a very good show.
    I gave it another go after the positive reviews. I'm on episode 6 now and am enjoying it quite a bit, inspite of the subltitles .

I'm brushing up on my Spanglish! Pendejo means friend, right?

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I gave it another go after the positive reviews. I'm on episode 6 now and am enjoying it quite a bit, inspite of the subltitles .

Yes. It's always a good idea to greet your Hispanic buddies with an, "Hola Pendejo!"

5. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post

A great phrase to use with your spanish speaking friends is "Hola pendejo, chinga tu madre!"

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

A great phrase to use with your spanish speaking friends is "Hola pendejo, chinga tu madre!"
    That's probably too formal for most occasions Abe.

If you want to acknowledge their Mother, "Me Cago en tu Madre" is sure to open doors for you.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I liked Narcos but I stopped watching after a while. El Chapo is more interesting so far.

All this drug trafficking stuff is interesting to me. I remember when El Chapo got caught the second time everybody at school was going crazy about it. Most of the kids are hispanic and they would say things about how he's not that bad and he did good stuff and the government in Mexico sucks. Obviously they're kids so they don't know everything, but still. I knew most of this stuff, but I didn't realize that people actually believed it, so reading and learning and watching things that deal with the Drug Lord/Corrupt Government dynamic is fascinating to me.

Actually, in my classroom my first year, the floors were so bad that there was eventually a hole in the floor. It was covered by the rug for most of the year. They came and put caution tape around it and everything and moved the rug and we had to deal with it the last 2 months of school. The first day when the caution tape was there, all day I heard "Hey is that where El Chapo escaped from."

#EndTheDrugWar #P&R
    Last edited by aberdien; 07-05-2017 at 01:57 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

The last episode was great. The two next to last episodes not so much. Overall I liked it. Season 2 will be on Netflix next June. I think it comes out on Univision before that.

What do you do if your a DEA agent and guys like El Chapo's sicarios know who your wife is and where your kids go to school?

I liked Narcos but I stopped watching after a while. El Chapo is more interesting so far.

All this drug trafficking stuff is interesting to me. I remember when El Chapo got caught the second time everybody at school was going crazy about it. Most of the kids are hispanic and they would say things about how he's not that bad and he did good stuff and the government in Mexico sucks. Obviously they're kids so they don't know everything, but still. I knew most of this stuff, but I didn't realize that people actually believed it, so reading and learning and watching things that deal with the Drug Lord/Corrupt Government dynamic is fascinating to me.

Actually, in my classroom my first year, the floors were so bad that there was eventually a hole in the floor. It was covered by the rug for most of the year. They came and put caution tape around it and everything and moved the rug and we had to deal with it the last 2 months of school. The first day when the caution tape was there, all day I heard "Hey is that where El Chapo escaped from."

#EndTheDrugWar #P&R
    I liked Narcos better. It was evident they had a much better budget.

I also hate the way El Chapo is perceived as folk hero amongst many Mexicans. Univision perpetuates it and it bugs me a little. Nevertheless it is fascinating.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    The last episode was great. The two next to last episodes not so much. Overall I liked it. Season 2 will be on Netflix next June. I think it comes out on Univision before that.
    I pretty much liked them all to some degree. I liked how the first episode got right off the bat with a timed mission, it was a good way to hook people onto it early. Some were a little slow, but I accept that things have to build so as long as it goes somewhere in the end it won't bug me too much. The last episode was excellent though. It gave me Breaking Bad vibes, especially ending the episode with "El Rey." Hopefully there will be more of that to come.

15. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Been trying to rewatch Game of Thrones, but only made it through two seasons (just not finding the time to binge it), so doesn't look like I'll get them finished before the new season starts.

Watched another four or five episodes of the Ranch (still in season 2), which I forgot how much I enjoy.

17. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

GLOW. Struggling actress in the 80s settles for joining a female wrestling show to get by. It's pretty hilarious.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

GLOW. Struggling actress in the 80s settles for joining a female wrestling show to get by. It's pretty hilarious.
    I forgot to mention the big hair, the 80s music, and frequent appearance of boobs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I forgot to mention the big hair, the 80s music, and frequent appearance of boobs.
    Boobs you say?

21. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The Defiant Ones on HBO.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information