Page 13 of 390 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The ******* Wire.

The scene when McNulty's kids get the license plates in season one...brilliant. Wow.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Under the Dome is going to crash and burn in spectacular fashion.

Trying to set up way too many plot lines in the pilot...not focused on an end game or a solid story.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Let me count the ways...

Embattled local, "renegade" sheriff, check
    College-aged kid obsessed with high school girlfriend who only wants out of town, check
    Mysterious stranger passing through town worried about having his plates checked by cops, check
    Lesbian couple who drove all the way the **** from L.A. to Maine to take their trouble child to "camp," check
    Borderline corrupt city councilman, check
    Black guy running hipster, underground radio station in place where no hipster station would ever exist, check
    Noisy, hot female journalist married to cheating doctor, check

And that was the first half hour.

Oh this is gonna burn spectacularly.

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

You never know. I got lost in all of the storylines they started up in Battlestar Galactica at first but that show wound up being great.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    You never know. I got lost in all of the storylines they started up in Battlestar Galactica at first but that show wound up being great.
    There was a clear goal there (I've only watched about a season and a half of that. I've been working my through it on Netflix).

This doesn't smell like that at all. I'm not saying I won't watch, I'm intrigued, I just think it could crash and burn spectacularly.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    There was a clear goal there (I've only watched about a season and a half of that. I've been working my through it on Netflix).

This doesn't smell like that at all. I'm not saying I won't watch, I'm intrigued, I just think it could crash and burn spectacularly.
    I'm currently on my second watch-through of BSG. It might be my favorite show I have ever watch. Once I got to season 2 I couldn't watch one episode without watching another 5 or 6 in a row.

I haven't actually watched under the dome, that was just an example that came to my mind of a show that worked after introducing a BUNCH early on. I think it was season 3 before I could actually name every major character in BSG.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    I'm currently on my second watch-through of BSG. It might be my favorite show I have ever watch. Once I got to season 2 I couldn't watch one episode without watching another 5 or 6 in a row.

I haven't actually watched under the dome, that was just an example that came to my mind of a show that worked after introducing a BUNCH early on. I think it was season 3 before I could actually name every major character in BSG.
    Oh, I thought you were actually watching the debut which is currently on CBS and could have an intelligent conversation about it. My bad.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I was just making an observation. Wasn't trying to start any sort of argument. I am intrigued by UTD and actually do want to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post

LOL Mo... I actually used the exact word "intrigued" last night when I was talking to the wife about that show.

I am interested enough in it to keep watching but I agree that there was just too much going on and they didnt get too deep into any one of them. I get they have to introduce and develop the characters but it just seemed too much and too hurried. Let's hope they decide to slow it down and focus on one thing at a time, maybe only delve into one or two of the plot lines each episode (like Lost).

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

I'm a bit of a nerd. The show I watch the most religiously is MI-5, or Spooks, as it's called in Great Britain. I record re-runs of it from PBS. I don't think I've seen anything newer than 09'.

13. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

A rerun of last night's hockey game!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Watched Mitch Fatel the other day, he's a funny kid.

going to start watching House of Cards on netflix... heard good things.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    going to start watching House of Cards on netflix... heard good things.
    I thought it was great.

19. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

LMN- the jody arias story.

21. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information