Page 130 of 390 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 230 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 5838

Thread: What are you watching?

Iron Fist was really, really, really average. The backwards storytelling really delays any attachment you can have to the characters. The plot was bulky, and that's not the fault of the show as it had to do a lot of work - setting up the Heroes for Hire angle kind of did a number on it. The acting isn't great, the dialogue isn't engaging, and the fight scenes are rubbish - but because old boy doesn't have a mask/helmet/bag it was reportedly difficult for them to choreograph the fights.

It just sandbagged too many parts of the plot and backstory that makes you care about the characters.

Was it horrible? No. Was it bad? Sort of. Is it watchable? Yeah. Did I hate it? No. Because there are redeeming parts of the show.

When you finally do learn about the...well..******* cast...the characters are kind of cool. The tournament episode was pretty engaging -in spite of the meh fight scenes- and did give IF some depth. Mao is, as always, a ******* badass. And at the end of the show the...yeah...good buildup...that they could have done with half of the content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I thought King hated Superhero stuff.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I'm about to start Five Came Back on netflix (based on the book) about 5 directors and WWII. I hope it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    Latest season of Ray Donovan.
    It's good but pretty predictable.

Plot synopsis for each season:
    1) Ray's life is going pretty smoothly.
    2) Ray thinks his idiot father is out of his life for good.
    3) Ray's idiot father does something extremely stupid and selfish that gets Ray involved in a huge life/family threatening mess.
    4) Ray saves the day.
    lol you summed it up pretty well but it's still an entertaining show.

Iron Fist looks like hot garbage

Luke Cage is a hard watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I thought King hated Superhero stuff.
    I only hate what I hate at the moment.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I'm about to start Five Came Back on netflix (based on the book) about 5 directors and WWII. I hope it's good.
    If like WWII or movie history...damn this is good.

7. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

The new season of Prison Break. First episode was pretty good. Reviews have been bad, but like almost any other time, I never agree with reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    The new season of Prison Break. First episode was pretty good. Reviews have been bad, but like almost any other time, I never agree with reviews.
    wait... I never finished watching the original series but didn't the main guy die?

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    wait... I never finished watching the original series but didn't the main guy die?
    In the old one, yes. Tbag apparently got a package in prison of a pic of Michael in a Yemen prison. Lincoln went out there with C-Note and Michael is in there under a different name, but wouldn't acknowledge Linc. Said he wasn't Michael.

It was pretty good.

I never watched the last couple seasons of the original and don't even remember the supporting character's names. If this goes on netflix I will rewatch the last couple seasons of the original and go on from there. I just remember it turning into a big circle jerk with "the company" and got bored of it.

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I never watched the last couple seasons of the original and don't even remember the supporting character's names. If this goes on netflix I will rewatch the last couple seasons of the original and go on from there. I just remember it turning into a big circle jerk with "the company" and got bored of it.
    Yea, I didn't watch the last season when it was on tv. I bought all the seasons later and watched the last one an episode here or there. The first 3 seasons were so good, but the last...eh, not so much.

I'll keep tuning into this one to see if it's more like the start of the series or the tail end. It hasn't shown enough to decipher yet, but good enough to watch the 2nd episode.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Yea, I didn't watch the last season when it was on tv. I bought all the seasons later and watched the last one an episode here or there. The first 3 seasons were so good, but the last...eh, not so much.

I'll keep tuning into this one to see if it's more like the start of the series or the tail end. It hasn't shown enough to decipher yet, but good enough to watch the 2nd episode.
    I think you would like a show on Netflix called Peaky Blinders.

Also - hello.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post

Also - hello.
    Peaky freaking Blinders

I binge watched the last season in about 3 days

16. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post

Also - hello.
    Hello, I will check that out.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Currently re-watching Better Call Saul. New season starts Monday. So damn good.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information