Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dennis Allen on 102.3

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Default Dennis Allen on 102.3

Paraphrase.........."The rules in the NFL are geared towards the offense. We dont want to adjust to opposing offenses, we want to make them adjust to us. So we're building a fast, aggressive, nasty defense that is going to attack the offense, and get after the quarterback. We're going to make them make mistakes cause we're going to be playing very fast, and very aggressively."

I love it, and I like what I heard.

He didnt exclude the run defense either.

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_...&c=743&f=77048
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Paraphrase.........."The rules in the NFL are geared towards the offense. We dont want to adjust to opposing offenses, we want to make them adjust to us. So we're building a fast, aggressive, nasty defense that is going to attack the offense, and get after the quarterback. We're going to make them make mistakes cause we're going to be playing very fast, and very aggressively."

I love it, and I like what I heard.

He didnt exclude the run defense either.

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_...&c=743&f=77048
    I'll wait till I see it before I get too excited.

3. The Following 5 Users High Fived Traveler For This Post:

I can't hear what you're saying cuz I'm too busy listening to what you're doing....

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Like the others I like what he had to say but I want see the end product before getting to excited.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Im gonna go ahead and get excited now.

If it pans out.....I'll be even more excited....and validated.

If it doesnt........well at least I had this moment.

IN PATON I TRUST.

9. The Following 6 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Not sure that even after getting all the new toys this draft they will make all that much difference.
    This defense has been broken for years, about when Wilson was starting to hut hard hoping to knock RBs down instead of wrapping up BT then because of all the broken hand fingers etc hard to do that in a cast/club. He was a Great leader but a shell of his earlier years in tackling.

Let me add we have to get viable DTs in order to DO much if anything.

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Just remember, our fired coach said he would be bringing a more aggressive, attacking type defense when he first arrived. That lasted all of six games.

While I am excited to see what a defensive minded staff will bring to the table, I will reserve judgement until after the season. We are in the midst of a total rebuild on defense, no matter what EFX says publically.

With the lockout hampering the teams initial preparation this offseason, the product we'll see early on won't be too pretty. But, as long as they get better towards the end of the year, put me squarely in the "team is heading in the right direction" camp.

I will say that I am excited that John Fox will challenge the players toughness in ways similar to what he did when he first came to the Panthers.

When he addressed the team at his first mini-camp a few months later, he talked to them like the son of a Navy SEAL.

"He challenged us," offensive tackle Todd Steussie said. "He thought we had good players and the potential to be a good team, but after watching some film he didn't necessarily think we had the toughness to be a good team.

"Obviously that's a challenge. You’re always fighting for your job in this business, so you don’t want anybody questioning whether you’re tough. That was the starting point of the growing process."

http://extras.berkshireeagle.com/NeT...p?id=article12
    Hopefully he does the same here. We can all agree this team has been lacking in both mental and physical toughness for quite some time. It'll be fun watching the transformation.

13. The Following User High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Im gonna go ahead and get excited now.
    Yeah. I mean, why not?

Expectations tempered and all that, but it's hard for me not to. The last time we had a defensive mindset as a team was what... '94? Combine a solid, stout and steady defensive guy like Fox with the protege of a guy known for creative aggression and who knows what could happen. Throw in a bunch of young, promising talent on the the defense and it should be, at the very least, fun to watch.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Just remember, our fired coach said he would be bringing a more aggressive, attacking type defense when he first arrived. That lasted all of six games.

While I am excited to see what a defensive minded staff will bring to the table, I will reserve judgement until after the season. We are in the midst of a total rebuild on defense, no matter what EFX says publically.

With the lockout hampering the teams initial preparation this offseason, the product we'll see early on won't be too pretty. But, as long as they get better towards the end of the year, put me squarely in the "team is heading in the right direction" camp.

I will say that I am excited that John Fox will challenge the players toughness in ways similar to what he did when he first came to the Panthers.

Hopefully he does the same here. We can all agree this team has been lacking in both mental and physical toughness for quite some time. It'll be fun watching the transformation.
    Heck, I want to see what he does after they get some tape and start adjusting to the defense. That has been the issue with the last 8 defensive coordinators we have had. "Shyt guys, they've figured us out, let's just try and slow them down..." Watching the Steelers or Packers moving guys around around and attacking from all kinds of different places sure seems to work.

16. The Following User High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Beer Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
    Yeah. I mean, why not?

Expectations tempered and all that, but it's hard for me not to. The last time we had a defensive mindset as a team was what... '94? Combine a solid, stout and steady defensive guy like Fox with the protege of a guy known for creative aggression and who knows what could happen. Throw in a bunch of young, promising talent on the the defense and it should be, at the very least, fun to watch.
    roughly 8 out of 10 seasons Elway went to the playoffs, he had a top 10 defense in the league, and good portion of those were in the top 5. So I guess you can say that they were defensive minded the entire time.
    No Guts, No Glory

Tebow is a virgin.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    While I am excited to see what a defensive minded staff will bring to the table, I will reserve judgement until after the season. We are in the midst of a total rebuild on defense, no matter what EFX says publicly With the lockout hampering the teams initial preparation this offseason, the product we'll see early on won't be too pretty.

We can all agree this team has been lacking in both mental and physical toughness for quite some time. It'll be fun watching the transformation.
    Typically defenses come together faster than do offenses.

Your last sentence could not be truer, if restated 40 times.
    Lots of aging vets wanted to come here for more than a decade sonthey could tale part in Club Dove Valley.
    Josh tried to change that mentality, with many of the vets unhappy about it.
    Now perhaps they will get the drift that its here to stay.

The league is about passing and getting TO the passer. The rules have been made to benefit the passer and the pass catchers. Getting after the passer is a HUGE priority in the NFL.

Josh didn't know what the hell he was doing, thats what upset the vets.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

21. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

So saying its a passing league, and seeing mcd make the team just that, and you say he still didn't know what he was doing?
    And he had the league leader at gettting TO the passer until he got hurt. AFTER the draft! That was his fault?
    I bet a dollar to donuts, if he was still HC, the Dline was the #2 pick. Followed by more D. He was an OC. He started with what he knew, first. Just as fox did.
    Mcd signed a 4 yr deal, and most likely was drafting for the other side of the ball next.
    My opinion, since nobody that knows him has intimated anything other than his having a very good football mind.

I sure hope y'all give TT more time to progress than you have mcd/orton.....at least for his sake.
    Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information