Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dennis Allen on 102.3

Adopted Bronco:
    the beer guy

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak View Post
    So saying its a passing league, and seeing mcd make the team just that, and you say he still didn't know what he was doing?
    And he had the league leader at gettting TO the passer until he got hurt. AFTER the draft! That was his fault?
    I bet a dollar to donuts, if he was still HC, the Dline was the #2 pick. Followed by more D. He was an OC. He started with what he knew, first. Just as fox did.
    Mcd signed a 4 yr deal, and most likely was drafting for the other side of the ball next.
    My opinion, since nobody that knows him has intimated anything other than his having a very good football mind.

I sure hope y'all give TT more time to progress than you have mcd/orton.....at least for his sake.
    Uh yeah...
    Third down passing was key here. I guess you missed the whole season with Kyle missing wide open recievers, or throwing 5 yard outs on 3rd an 7

but nice try anyways

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Oh good, another McD debate...
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Oh good, another McD debate...
    Yep.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Yep.
    I guess there's nothing else to talk about.

Freaking lockout :yardog:
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I guess there's nothing else to talk about.

Freaking lockout :yardog:
    I guess not. It's not like this thread was suppose to be about our NEW defensive coordinator.

The team was already a passing team. The league is a passing league and didn't change because of McDaniels... and McD may have had a good football mind, but absolutely did NOT know what he was doing as an HC. He proved that, just as many have proved they are good coordinators and are not good HCs. McD was a HORRENDOUS HC. Giving him "more time" only would have given him more time to sink us deeper into the silt at the bottom of the ocean.

He already gave us the WORSE record in Denver history and #2 overall pick. I guess the ONLY thing that could have been good about keeping McD around is that he would have gotten the #1 overall pick next year.

These "most likely" and "betting donuts" crap is pure speculation. I would speculate ( given his short but historically horrendous stint in Denver) is that he would have pissed someone else off, traded them away and then would have blown another draft by taking another player we JUST got rid of. Then telling us the reason he drafted him was because he 'reminded' him of the very player he traded away.

But I'm with Warhorse on this one. At least we know it coming from a defensive mind that had success getting to the QB in the past with other teams.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

9. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
    Yeah. I mean, why not?

Expectations tempered and all that, but it's hard for me not to. The last time we had a defensive mindset as a team was what... '94? Combine a solid, stout and steady defensive guy like Fox with the protege of a guy known for creative aggression and who knows what could happen. Throw in a bunch of young, promising talent on the the defense and it should be, at the very least, fun to watch.
    Damned straight.

Why not?

Who are WE to be tempered by the outlook of others????

Sure, we've been beaten down by free falling high expectations before, but did that stop the NAVY SEALS who went in and got osama off his computer??

Did that stop Tim Tebow when they told him he wouldnt be a college QB???

Did that stop Donald Trump from digging for Obamas birth certificate????

NO!!!!!

I AM excited, and I will BE excited, until my own expectations come crashing down on my own head........which aint happenin.

I will say this: We have a defensive minded coach. First one here since.....gulp.....Wade Phillips was listening to Willy and the Poor Boys.

The FOCUS.....is on the defense.

Bout time.

And I got my popcorn.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Quote Originally Posted by HammeredOut View Post
    roughly 8 out of 10 seasons Elway went to the playoffs, he had a top 10 defense in the league, and good portion of those were in the top 5. So I guess you can say that they were defensive minded the entire time.
    Did you read my post at all?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    And I got my popcorn.
    That looks like coffee not popcorn.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    That looks like coffee not popcorn.

Its popcorn flavored coffee with bits of real popcorn buddy.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

14. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Its popcorn flavored coffee with bits of real popcorn buddy.
    Don't choke.

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak View Post
    So saying its a passing league, and seeing mcd make the team just that, and you say he still didn't know what he was doing?
    And he had the league leader at gettting TO the passer until he got hurt. AFTER the draft! That was his fault?
    I bet a dollar to donuts, if he was still HC, the Dline was the #2 pick. Followed by more D. He was an OC. He started with what he knew, first. Just as fox did.
    Mcd signed a 4 yr deal, and most likely was drafting for the other side of the ball next.
    My opinion, since nobody that knows him has intimated anything other than his having a very good football mind.
    I sure hope y'all give TT more time to progress than you have mcd/orton.....at least for his sake.
    I suspect the folks wanting someone other than Fox will be whining if we are not in the playoffs at eoy.

Some are never happy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
    I suspect the folks wanting someone other than Fox will be whining if we are not in the playoffs at eoy.

Some are never happy.
    You are so full of eoy.

Damned straight.

Why not?

Who are WE to be tempered by the outlook of others????

Sure, we've been beaten down by free falling high expectations before, but did that stop the NAVY SEALS who went in and got osama off his computer??

Did that stop Tim Tebow when they told him he wouldnt be a college QB???

Did that stop Donald Trump from digging for Obamas birth certificate????

NO!!!!!

I AM excited, and I will BE excited, until my own expectations come crashing down on my own head........which aint happenin.

I will say this: We have a defensive minded coach. First one here since.....gulp.....Wade Phillips was listening to Willy and the Poor Boys.

The FOCUS.....is on the defense.

Bout time.

And I got my popcorn.
    For some reason as I read this, I picture John Blutarsky giving the speech.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    The team was already a passing team. The league is a passing league and didn't change because of McDaniels... and McD may have had a good football mind, but absolutely did NOT know what he was doing as an HC. He proved that, just as many have proved they are good coordinators and are not good HCs. McD was a HORRENDOUS HC. Giving him "more time" only would have given him more time to sink us deeper into the silt at the bottom of the ocean.

He already gave us the WORSE record in Denver history and #2 overall pick. I guess the ONLY thing that could have been good about keeping McD around is that he would have gotten the #1 overall pick next year.

These "most likely" and "betting donuts" crap is pure speculation. I would speculate ( given his short but historically horrendous stint in Denver) is that he would have pissed someone else off, traded them away and then would have blown another draft by taking another player we JUST got rid of. Then telling us the reason he drafted him was because he 'reminded' him of the very player he traded away.

But I'm with Warhorse on this one. At least we know it coming from a defensive mind that had success getting to the QB in the past with other teams.
    McDaniels managament style was much the same as digging a hole to bury dirt.

20. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information