Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderator Bias

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Default Moderator Bias

In the interest of not derailing Anubis thread any further I wanted to continue the discussion over here about whether or not having a group of all conservative moderators affects the management and/or climate in the P&R section...

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Ban Buff. He needs it.

14 days

tia

4. The Following 6 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    Ban Buff. He needs it.

14 days

tia
    Buff for Moderator 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post
    Buff for Moderator 2008.

Are you campaigning Buff?

Moderators aren't biased.

They just have favourites.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Retired_Member_001 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    And to this, I will make one more comment also - I can guarantee you that politics is not modded based on a poster's political affiliation, but is ONLY modded based on violations of the posted rules/guidelines.
    I will acknowledge that by and large the moderators have acted in an unbiased manner...

And I'm not trying to stir the pot to be an ungrateful complainer who's trying to make Tned's life more complicated than it needs to be. I just think that if we really view P&R as a problem, we ought to be changing the people who are moderating as much as we ought to be changing the way the moderators do their job. And I don't mean to say our current group has done a bad job-- I just think it wouldn't hurt to have some different opinions.

My contention with what you just posted is that you guys (mods) have biases that you may not even know about. We all do. It has to do with our own values and upbringing. It's not that your decisions are unfair, it's just that they are fairly one sided.

Example: What consisutes a cesspool to a middle aged, christian, republican may be completely acceptable to a younger, non-religious liberal. And that's not saying one is right and one is wrong, it just means we ought to bring in more voices. Just my opinion.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by gnomeflinger View Post
    Are you campaigning Buff?
    Not at all... I kind of like being able to be a hot head and take sides on an issue...

Buff,

The cesspool referrals are more to the approach to the methods and complete and total lack of constructive discussion...not Liberal content.
    2012: The Year that Mo Got Laid

13. The Following 5 Users High Fived Rex For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I will acknowledge that by and large the moderators have acted in an unbiased manner...

And I'm not trying to stir the pot to be an ungrateful complainer who's trying to make Tned's life more complicated than it needs to be. I just think that if we really view P&R as a problem, we ought to be changing the people who are moderating as much as we ought to be changing the way the moderators do their job. And I don't mean to say our current group has done a bad job-- I just think it wouldn't hurt to have some different opinions.

My contention with what you just posted is that you guys (mods) have biases that you may not even know about. We all do. It has to do with our own values and upbringing. It's not that your decisions are unfair, it's just that they are fairly one sided.

Example: What consisutes a cesspool to a middle aged, christian, republican may be completely acceptable to a younger, non-religious liberal. And that's not saying one is right and one is wrong, it just means we ought to bring in more voices. Just my opinion.
    We mod the post - not the poster. If the post violates the posted rules/guidelines, it gets action. If it does not, it gets no action.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

15. The Following 9 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

As a younger, non-religious left-leaning centrist.....I still think P&R is a cesspool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

17. The Following 11 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

So, you don't think that the recently banned (from the P&R) members deserved it??

19. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

KCL

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    So, you don't think that the recently banned (from the P&R) members deserved it??
    No... Not at all. Even the notorious right-winger who was among them.

I think everyone takes themselves way too seriously around here-- mods, members, admin. I think the only reason anyone should ever get banned is because they Spam the board and are not actual contributors... I think it takes on a very elitist mentality when we're telling people who want to be here that they are not good enough to be here (Again, it's an online message board for pete's sake).

The problem is this-- There are about 3-5 uber liberal posters who annoy this shit out of 90% of the right... And there are 2-4 uber conservative posters who annoy the shit out of 90% of the left... So what happens, is that people lash out against those folks, and then are scolded by the mods for lashing out. So the members who get scolded feel like they've been wronged (because, hey, they were just trying to tell that jackass how annoying he is) and therefore they throw their arms up and say "this is a cesspool, I'm taking my ball and going home."

The easy solution would be very loosely moderate it so that people don't have to mince words, let them say exactly what they want to say because members can police themselves better than mods could ever hope to. But that won't happen, because we're apparently opposed to it being a "free for all".

So I don't know what the easy solution is... But can't hurt to try and add a few dissenting opinions just for the sake of perceived balance among management within P&R.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Buff you are not moderator material. No offense.

23. The Following User High Fived tubby For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

It's hard to imagine anything to do with Politics NOT being a cesspool......
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

25. The Following 5 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

No... Not at all. Even the notorious right-winger who was among them.

I think everyone takes themselves way too seriously around here-- mods, members, admin. I think the only reason anyone should ever get banned is because they Spam the board and are not actual contributors... I think it takes on a very elitist mentality when we're telling people who want to be here that they are not good enough to be here (Again, it's an online message board for pete's sake).

The problem is this-- There are about 3-5 uber liberal posters who annoy this shit out of 90% of the right... And there are 2-4 uber conservative posters who annoy the shit out of 90% of the left... So what happens, is that people lash out against those folks, and then are scolded by the mods for lashing out. So the members who get scolded feel like they've been wronged (because, hey, they were just trying to tell that jackass how annoying he is) and therefore they throw their arms up and say "this is a cesspool, I'm taking my ball and going home."

The easy solution would be very loosely moderate it so that people don't have to mince words, let them say exactly what they want to say because members can police themselves better than mods could ever hope to. But that won't happen, because we're apparently opposed to it being a "free for all".

So I don't know what the easy solution is... But can't hurt to try and add a few dissenting opinions just for the sake of perceived balance among management within P&R.
    Spoken like a true hippie...

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information