Thread: Computer/Laptop Help!!!!!

Default Computer/Laptop Help!!!!!

First off let me start by saying FU to my computer!!

Ok, now. I come back from Vegas and my laptop screen is Not working.

Here is the best of my ability to describe what is happening.

I turn on the computer and everything works fine, BUT when it kicks on the screen is white. All white. Usually it is blue, with the log in thingys. I lightly started tapping the back of the screen and now I have about 2 horiszontal lines of picture about 1 inch thick.

So I can sort of see what is going on but the rest is white screen, like a tv that is going out you know or losing reception. Not the snow, but those white horizontal lines...well that is most of what I see.

My laptop works fine as right now i have it hooked up to a monitor at home. However, I have absolutely no effing clue how to fix it? Does anyone have any ideas.

I tried taking my battery out and holding down the power button for 60 sec...nothing.

PLEASE HELP. I do not want and can not really afford a new laptop. WHile this can serve as a nice desktop a laptop is what i need.

Thanks for anyones help!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

You have one of two things going on, a broken screen (most likely) or one of the connections to the monitor came undone. If you can figure out how to take it apart check the ribbon cable going to the monitor, make sure it's down flat and the clamp is secure. There should also be a regular word connector that works the backlight, check it as well. If they've hooked up, you're better off buying a new laptop rather than replacing the monitor.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Sending a computer to shop is really expensive. It is best to buy a new one.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

You wouldn't be the first one to go to Vegas and come home with a virus. But, seriously, Davil is likely correct. Something is wrong with the screen, not the computer itself.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    You wouldn't be the first one to go to Vegas and come home with a virus. But, seriously, Davil is likely correct. Something is wrong with the screen, not the computer itself.

yeah the computer is fine. I have it hooked up to a monitor and everything is working perfectly. I am thinking it is that ribbon thing he is talking about, but I have no clue how to fix it.

Remember I suck balls at all things computer.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

I am the worst when it comes to computers. I don't even know how to download things. It's all so foreign to me.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

so ur, did you get your problem solved? And where you able to handle it yourself? Nevermind, I just noticed your post

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    I am the worst when it comes to computers. I don't even know how to download things. It's all so foreign to me.

Best Answer of the thread right here.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    so ur, did you get your problem solved? And where you able to handle it yourself? Nevermind, I just noticed your post

Negative sir.

The screen has now gone plad...lol, I shit you not. Green, blue and redish colors all in plad.

There is no way I can handle this myself. I am going to have to turn this computer into a desk top and buy a new lap top.

MF'r
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Best Answer of the thread right here.
    Just wanted to save you a pm in case you were thinking about asking me.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Negative sir.

The screen has now gone plad...lol, I shit you not. Green, blue and redish colors all in plad.

There is no way I can handle this myself. I am going to have to turn this computer into a desk top and buy a new lap top.

MF'r
    that is too bad. weird too.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information