Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Quinton Carter

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Russellville, AR
    Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris
    Posts
    9,748

    Default Quinton Carter

    I know everyone wants to talk about Von Miller and DTs, but I just thought some of you might like a glimpse of one of our new rookies in action.

    I LOVE HOW THIS GUY PLAYS SAFETY (he'll probably get a couple fines and penalties while he learns the NFL but it will be worth it). There's a lot of talk about Moore but this dude looks like the real deal...

    Enjoy!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvHUhza1hUk

    If he brings this to the NFL, I'll be buying his jersey really soon!


    “Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

  2. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:


  3. #2

    Default

    Many of us had Carter ahead of Moore.
    I guess DEN has it SS and its FS of the future.
    Come to think of it, McBath played CB as well as FS at TT
    and i have no doubt he will be looked at to possibly play the
    slot or "Big Nickel" in specific defensive packages.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Laying around
    Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em
    Posts
    7,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I know everyone wants to talk about Von Miller and DTs, but I just thought some of you might like a glimpse of one of our new rookies in action.

    I LOVE HOW THIS GUY PLAYS SAFETY (he'll probably get a couple fines and penalties while he learns the NFL but it will be worth it). There's a lot of talk about Moore but this dude looks like the real deal...

    Enjoy!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvHUhza1hUk

    If he brings this to the NFL, I'll be buying his jersey really soon!
    Embeded for your enjoyment.

    Merry.

  5. The Following User High Fived Day1BroncoFan For This Post:

    GEM

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard
    Posts
    6,566

    Default

    I like Quinton better than Moore, but then I like my safeties to be run-support badasses, intimidators, and have good hands. Carter has all that, and he's pretty fast too. His combine numbers won't show it, but he can move. He's a long strider, so he's not gonna stick with guys on hard-cut routes but he takes good angles and has great anticipation.

    A safety blitz from Moore is cute. From Carter it's a threat.

    IMO he's gotta tackle lower in the pros - you see in that clip how high he goes on some guys, and pros don't tend to just fall down like some of the college kids will. But he wraps us as well as delivering the blow, so I like that about him. Pros are also faster, so hes' gonna need to adjust his angles, but I think he can do that.

    I'd love for Carter to play strong safety for us. I don't want 2 extra cover corners playing FS and SS, I want someone who can bring the wood to any receiver silly enough to run a crossing route.

    Moore can cover, Carter can kill. If they both work out, then having the best of both worlds would be terrific.

    If only one works out...my money's on Carter. That doesn't make Moore chopped liver, and he has a great work ethic, but I can put any good cornerback at FS and get what Moore brings (in theory). It's harder to get good strong safeties, IMO - but even in a thin class it's not a bad thing to get the best FS and the best SS in the draft.

    ~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean


    My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

  7. The Following 3 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:


  8. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard
    Posts
    6,566

    Default

    He also needs to not get thrown out of practice for killing his own guys, as happened more than once in college. Save it for sunday, big guy...

    ~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean


    My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    34,383

    Default

    I like what I saw there. He is pretty good at killing long ball drives.

    It would be amazing to have a safety tandem again!!! Last time both were good was probably Smith/Atwater....far too long ago.

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Little Elm, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    #58
    Posts
    24,806

    Default

    Dawkins 2.0

  11. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:


  12. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Dawkins 2.0
    Someone to make those recievers hesitate and glance over at.

  13. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    34,383

    Default

    Is it just me or are you all looking forward to watching a defense that isn't afraid to hit? Holy shit....I can't wait, I'm salivating at the thought. Now if they don't get football moving this season, someone is going to be hanging by their nether region from Bucky's hoof on the southside of Invesco.

  14. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:


  15. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boulder
    Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa
    Posts
    12,374

    Default

    Man, this draft is making for an exciting future. Cant wait to see these guys perform on sunday. You add the fact that they will be getting tutored by B Dawk and Champ, and this is going to be an awesome Defensive backffield...

  16. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Little Elm, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    #58
    Posts
    24,806

    Default

    The back 7 of this defense is going to be a mosh pit. Bodies flying all over the place just looking for someone to smash in the mouth. Miller, Carter and Irving are going to be exciting to watch. Hopefully their enthusiasm and reckless abandon rubs off on others.

  17. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:


  18. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    The back 7 of this defense is going to be a mosh pit. Bodies flying all over the place just looking for someone to smash in the mouth. Miller, Carter and Irving are going to be exciting to watch. Hopefully their enthusiasm and reckless abandon rubs off on others.
    Hopefully this also allows Moore a bit more leeway in being able to make plays. Might be just what he needs to feel comfortable and get his feet wet without having to do to much. Nice to have really good players that will kill around you as a player. Makes you look better and life is much more one dimensional for you. We'll see.

  19. The Following User High Fived SOCALORADO. For This Post:


  20. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Seattle,WA
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Something about dreads makes you know that the player is going to be a beast. I think that the whole defensive backfield should get them and we shall call them the goon squad. So far we have Quinton Carter and SydQ Thompson on it.

  21. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Little Elm, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    #58
    Posts
    24,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SOCALORADO. View Post
    Hopefully this also allows Moore a bit more leeway in being able to make plays. Might be just what he needs to feel comfortable and get his feet wet without having to do to much. Nice to have really good players that will kill around you as a player. Makes you look better and life is much more one dimensional for you. We'll see.
    Another reason I'd like to see us get Herzlich as a UDFA. Same type of player as Irving, with a similar story. With him, Miller and Irving as the LB's, we could be VERY nasty!!!

  22. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:


  23. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Little Elm, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    #58
    Posts
    24,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wbmustang View Post
    Something about dreads makes you know that the player is going to be a beast. I think that the whole defensive backfield should get them and we shall call them the goon squad. So far we have Quinton Carter and SydQ Thompson on it.
    ...and the Predator. Nate Irving

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group