Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What's that one game you have spent the most time playing in your life?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

ooh, good topic!

when i was a kid, i spent an awful lot of time playing gauntlet at the arcade-- i'm not sure, but i think that was the first four-player video game ever. . . my friends and i would play that game for hours. . . i also spent a ton of time playing 1943 on the original nintendo. . .

when i got my first PS2, i played Grand Theft Auto 3 for mad hours, and that's probably still my all-time favorite video game. . . as far as the game that i've spent the most time playing it would definitely have to be madden-- if you count the entire series it isn't even close, but even counting single editions as seperate games, it would still have to be madden '03 or '04. . . but just in terms of pure addiction, a game called romance of the three kingdoms II for the original nintendo was right up there-- that's probably the game that i could play the longest in single settings, as i played from early evening to dawn on many occasions. . .

ahh, video game addiction. . . i just haven't had it as much as i've gotten older. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

2. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    ooh, good topic!

when i was a kid, i spent an awful lot of time playing gauntlet at the arcade-- i'm not sure, but i think that was the first four-player video game ever. . . my friends and i would play that game for hours. . . i also spent a ton of time playing 1943 on the original nintendo. . .

when i got my first PS2, i played Grand Theft Auto 3 for mad hours, and that's probably still my all-time favorite video game. . . as far as the game that i've spent the most time playing it would definitely have to be madden-- if you count the entire series it isn't even close, but even counting single editions as seperate games, it would still have to be madden '03 or '04. . . but just in terms of pure addiction, a game called romance of the three kingdoms II for the original nintendo was right up there-- that's probably the game that i could play the longest in single settings, as i played from early evening to dawn on many occasions. . .

ahh, video game addiction. . . i just haven't had it as much as i've gotten older. . .
    Three Kingdoms = Nobunaga's Ambition pt II, essentially
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Three Kingdoms = Nobunaga's Ambition pt II, essentially
    is that a newer game, or an old one? the RTKII that i was addicted to was an original nintendo game. . . they've made a gazillion versions-- i rented like #8 or #9 for the PS2 a couple of years ago, and while it was more complex and the graphics were obviously much better, it just didn't captivate me the way the early version did, for whatever reason. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

ooh, good topic!

I forgot all about the time I have put into Romance Of The Three Kingdoms games...ROTK 10, That was such a great game! Rotk 11 wasn't bad either. Nagabunga's Ambition was far infireror to ROTK.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

is that a newer game, or an old one? the RTKII that i was addicted to was an original nintendo game. . . they've made a gazillion versions-- i rented like #8 or #9 for the PS2 a couple of years ago, and while it was more complex and the graphics were obviously much better, it just didn't captivate me the way the early version did, for whatever reason. . .
    They have made 11 Romance Of The Three Kingdoms Games. The last 5 of them for playstation 2. ROTK 11 is more in the format of a real time strategy, while still maintaining the feel of the turn base format.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    I forgot all about the time I have put into Romance Of The Three Kingdoms games...ROTK 10, That was such a great game! Rotk 11 wasn't bad either. Nagabunga's Ambition was far infireror to ROTK.
    Nobunaga's ambition was the precursor to the original ROTK.

Far inferior? Maybe it's good I didn't play ROTK!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Does Diner Dash on the computer count? I play that game all the damn time. It is evil and addicting!

Go Rockies!!!
    "Get your ass down to first base and shut up!" -- Troy Tulowitzki

"The other sports are just sports, baseball is love." -- Bryant Gumbel

I'll do most time on each system:

Atari 2600 - Midnight Magic

Nintendo - Mike Tyson's punchout

Sega Gensis - Mortal Combat

Sega Dreamcast - NFL 2k

Playstation - Formula 1

Playstation 2 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Xbox 360 - Madden '08

Playstation 3 - Resistance Fall of Man

10. The Following User High Fived martz11 For This Post:

It was Diablo II. Can't wait for Diablo III.

Then it was COD/CODII

Just bought COD 4. Can't wait to try it out. I expect it to be at the top of my list.

The Splinter Cell series.

I have all 3 and can't wait until a 4th comes out.

I play it all the time.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act. - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Adopted Bronco:
    #88 Tony Scheffler

Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
    The Splinter Cell series.

I have all 3 and can't wait until a 4th comes out.

I play it all the time.

That is my favorite game. The next one is Splinter Cell Conviction and I think it comes out March '08.
    2007-08 MVP

Thanks MasterShake for the sig

On Brandon Marshall
    "I'm not going to ever let him settle. I'm going to stay on him to be the best he can." ~ Rod Smith

Madden, GTA, and counter-strike have been really the only games I have played over the last few years.

When I lived with my parents, some years ago, I used to have an atari, nintendo, super-nintendo, 64, playstation, and playstation 2. I used to play a ton of different games. When I was a kid, I spent a lot of time on stuff like: Duck hunt, the Mario series, Mike Tyson Punchout, and Excite Bike. Now I have pretty much moved exclusively to the computer, other than for Madden and GTA.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by Reidman View Post
    I've been playing the game of "life" straight for almost 32 years now....

Actually when I was a freshman in highschool and the original Nintendo was popular, I played Super Mario Bros for something like 20 hours straight without stopping except maybe to use the bathroom and get food and drink.

My eyes hurt for a long time after that...

I was gonna say Mario Bros but didnt want to date myself

Duck Hunt was fun and I liked Zelda - the only game I over play now is Hot Shots Golf for my PSP

Im not really a gamer

Oooo how about this one - PONG - LMAO!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
    Does Diner Dash on the computer count? I play that game all the damn time. It is evil and addicting!
    True and I do it in real life god only knows why i play the damn game too
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

You guys would not believe how much time I spent on everquest. It's disgusting, to say the least.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information