Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What's that one game you have spent the most time playing in your life?

Definitely MVP Baseball 2005.

Best game, ever.

Admin on the "other" site, still your friendly Broncos fan

NCAA 06 (soon 08 will be passing that)

Madden 2004

If I owned a XBOX it would be Halo

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

PC game: Civilization II. And more recently, spent practically the entire summer playing Civ IV with a few buddies. We were all ridiculously addicted, which meant no one was there to stem the tide of playing hours

Console: Probably NFL 2k5. I used to play in online leagues with about a dozen other people. Was also a top online player that amazingly did not cheese (I just knew how to pass and read defenses, something a lot of people don't even bother with and something I have never been able to do in Madden cause you never know when one of those linebackers will go all Ninja Gaiden).
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived NameUsedBefore For This Post:

If I keep it up, Oblivion. I just bought it like a week ago and have logged 20 hours. It's ridiculous.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    If I keep it up, Oblivion. I just bought it like a week ago and have logged 20 hours. It's ridiculous.
    Hahahaha, That's what has encompassed my whole life for the last month. I am on 85 hours in one month....let's see...that's 2.8 hours a day on average. (You can see how active my social life is).

Edit: The strategy guide is very helpful for this game (it is 496 pages long!)
    Last edited by sneakers; 10-09-2007 at 11:47 PM.

I still miss playing Space Invaders on the ZX Spectrum circa 1983 ...

Not much strategy compared to nowadays (lol) but ooh it kept me busy at the keyboard for hours.

That and Manic Miner, which I never mastered but loved playing anyway.

Freaking EQ man.....haven't played in years...but it was a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Hahahaha, That's what has encompassed my whole life for the last month. I am on 85 hours in one month....let's see...that's 2.8 hours a day on average. (You can see how active my social life is).

Edit: The strategy guide is very helpful for this game (it is 496 pages long!)
    I came down with a pretty bad cold two days ago so besides classes, I've just been drinking water and fluids and been getting better. I got back from supper at 6 PM last night, worked on some homework for a while and popped in Oblivion from 7 PM to 2 AM, I think I'm on 25-27 hours or so now?

It's a great game, it's really fun and I thought I'd never get into games like that, since I always criticized people who played World of Warcraft all day long. I need a break anyways, I bought the game as a "treat" for myself after doing so well in school, and it's been nice to get away and actually enjoy a game for once.

I think I'm a Level 11 right now. I'm a Bloodletter in the Imperial Arena, and I'm pretty high up in the Dark Brotherhood. I'm a member of the Thieves Guild, but I don't do much for them. I have some sweet armor and stuff, but I'm nowhere near where I want to be. I've spent so much money persuading people to like me, that I still only have like 6,500 gold through this many hours.

Instead of doing missions, I need to start raiding more tombs and mines to get the goodies inside.

How much can your guy carry? I think being a Level 11 and having the ability to encumber "410" of items is sweet. I can't wait to get stronger.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Galaga! I even bought the actual arcade machine for $150 when a local laundromat closed down. I've been playing this game since 1985! More recently I played a lot of Final Fantasy XI online. Those mmorpg's are addictive! No more for me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    When I was "Alot Younger" it had to be Might and Magic, Moria, or Dungeon and Dragons
    That was a fun game (Mines of Moria).

Ok, so I just erased a list of 20+ games...it's pretty clear I have a problem. I can't limit it to just one.

Most recent to oldest:

SOCOM III (PS2) (::> 2_2DAJUGS)
    Civ III ... damn that flashing "press enter to end turn" button
    Diablo II ... never did get all the flawless diamonds I hoped for
    *woo hoo Rockies win!*
    Final Fantasy VII
    Heroes of Might and Magic II
    XCOM: UFO Defense
    Doom/Doom2 (College perma-LAN)
    Might & Magic IV
    Baseball Stars/Techmo Bowl (only games I had in high school)
    Nobunaga's Ambition

If I had to pick the one that has sponged the most time, it would probably be SOCOM...I've spent close to 1000 hrs playing. Wow...that's half a year at 40 hrs a week...

Favorite...Doom/Doom2...lots of action, playing with buddies on LAN in college...listening to NIN...staying up too late or wasting a weekend with too much mountain dew.

This was a fun walk down video game lane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    I came down with a pretty bad cold two days ago so besides classes, I've just been drinking water and fluids and been getting better. I got back from supper at 6 PM last night, worked on some homework for a while and popped in Oblivion from 7 PM to 2 AM, I think I'm on 25-27 hours or so now?

It's a great game, it's really fun and I thought I'd never get into games like that, since I always criticized people who played World of Warcraft all day long. I need a break anyways, I bought the game as a "treat" for myself after doing so well in school, and it's been nice to get away and actually enjoy a game for once.

I think I'm a Level 11 right now. I'm a Bloodletter in the Imperial Arena, and I'm pretty high up in the Dark Brotherhood. I'm a member of the Thieves Guild, but I don't do much for them. I have some sweet armor and stuff, but I'm nowhere near where I want to be. I've spent so much money persuading people to like me, that I still only have like 6,500 gold through this many hours.

Instead of doing missions, I need to start raiding more tombs and mines to get the goodies inside.

How much can your guy carry? I think being a Level 11 and having the ability to encumber "410" of items is sweet. I can't wait to get stronger.

I am level 32 almost 33 now

Although being that high doesn't do me much good because the amount of damage one can do is capped after a certain number...my daedric longsword is capped at 29 regular damage even though I have 120 strength, and 135 blade skill. But there are some magical swords that you can get in the Daedric Alter quests (Do them! They give you awesome loot!) like the ultima blade that has 33 max regular damage, and adds 25 fire damage too!

My guy can carry 650 before being overencumbered...but If you have some feather spells you can raise that number up to 900+ for a short while.

If you go around and raid forts, the best ones are the ones with vampires in it...they usually have some great items on them.

The gameoftheyear edition comes out for PS3 on tuesday! I can't wait to get it. I will have that shriviring isles (or whatever they are called) to go to

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post

If I had to pick the one that has sponged the most time, it would probably be SOCOM...I've spent close to 1000 hrs playing. Wow...that's half a year at 40 hrs a week...
    That's dedication....you should get a lifetime achievement award for that!

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    That's dedication....you should get a lifetime achievement award for that!
    What's scary is that there are people who have play 5x more than me...

I just moved into an apartment, and I didn't bring a TV...and just now I see someone is trying to sell their 31" TV for $100. I'm going to offer less and see if they bite. If they do, I might go pick up a PS3.

I might have to pick up this game...!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek "aaarrruuuuuu" Wolfe

Any racing games......Mario Cart Series, Gran Turismo Series, Any Nascar Series, NEED FOR SPEED Series(by far my fav, I love getting chased by the cops hahahaha)......pretty much any racing game I ever bought I played til who knows when.

I constantly tell my parents they should got me onto racing at an early age, I love it......any thing, I mean ANYTHING I do(some exceptions), I seem to be racing to get it done, get there, or whatever first......hahahaha

I would love to do the Richard Petty Driving Experience!!!!

PEACE!!!
    SAKUNA MATATA - Black Forest, CO

^Thanks MasterShake^

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. The only game that has made a 14 hour flight feel like one long crime spree and hasnt made me embarassed to play in public.
    Mile High Magic Will Never Die!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information