Thread: My mock (based on what who visits)

Default My mock (based on what who visits)

As the title indicates, Im sticking with having the Broncos draft guys that they've actually brought in.

1. Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama. Could also go with Nick Fairley. I like Fairley a little better but Im penciling Dareus in here as he seems to combine both like and likely.

2a. Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina. I suspect that Denver is really considering drafting a QB and it could be here or with the next pick. But theyve brought in Austin. Since Dareus represents lower risk, I can see the Broncos hedging with a little upside here at DT by taking Austin. But again, this is a combination of like and likely.

2b. Brandon Harris, CB, Miami. I like Rahim Moore at safety myself in the early second better than drafting a CB. But I have a feeling the Broncos might want to address CB before Goodman reaches steep decline. Theyre bringing in Peterson, Harris, and DeMarcus Van Dyne, so it seems like they could be covering all angles.

3. Casey Matthews, ILB, Oregon. When you look at who theyve brought in at LB, it seems that they're thinking about drafting one in either the 3rd or 2nd. If Matthews is gone, I could also see them drafting Mason Foster here, who theyve also brought in.

6. Julius Thomas, TE, Portland St.. Not a name that jumps out at you really. But they brought him in as the only TE. This guy is another basketball player turned football player and he's done really well at all the draft lead up.

7. Daniel Thomas, RB, Kansas St.. Just throwing darts here since theres a lot of variability late in the draft. It just seems like they might be looking at taking a RB late when you look at names like Murray, Thomas, and Hunter. Not saying that they wouldnt go higher but since we lack middle round picks, the thinking seems to be to take one of these guys if they fall.

2. The Following User High Fived Agent of Orange For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Ive heard that Harris is not that great and highly overrated so im not liking that selection at all. I would prefer Paea over Austin and aside from perhaps taking Taua later rather than Thomas i could live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Ive heard that Harris is not that great and highly overrated so im not liking that selection at all. I would prefer Paea over Austin and aside from perhaps taking Taua later rather than Thomas i could live with that.
    I had to stick with my theme of drafting guys theyve brought in. Here is what I used as reference: http://www.milehighreport.com/2011/3...official-list#

Like I told you, I would rather have Rahim Moore than Harris but he didnt have any visits. If I was making it based independent of who theyve brought in, it would probably be something along the lines of: DT-Dareus, DT-Paea, S-Moore, ILB-Matthews, RB-Harper, P-Henry.

5. The Following User High Fived Agent of Orange For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I don't think Marvin Austin will be around in the 2nd round. I think we'll end up drafting Rahim Moore with our 2a pick. I could also see Denver taking Akeem (sp?) Ayers with the 2a pick. I think he'll be there.

7. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I don't think Marvin Austin will be around in the 2nd round. I think we'll end up drafting Rahim Moore with our 2a pick. I could also see Denver taking Akeem (sp?) Ayers with the 2a pick. I think he'll be there.
    Id love that, actually. I like the 2 UCLA guys. I wouldnt even necessarily have a problem trading up with the (2) 2s for Ayers. Im not sure how he fits in schemewise though. But to your original point of Austin not being there, its totally valid. I keep hearing about how there might be an insane # of DTs taken in the first and based on what we saw a few years ago with OTs, its completely believable.

I hope they do not waste picks to moving up. If anything I hope to get another pick or two by round 3.

To much talent on the D side of the LOS to waste picks on moving.
    Having 4 picks by #60 (64iirc) something is very good.

10. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Agent of Orange View Post
    Id love that, actually. I like the 2 UCLA guys. I wouldnt even necessarily have a problem trading up with the (2) 2s for Ayers. Im not sure how he fits in schemewise though. But to your original point of Austin not being there, its totally valid. I keep hearing about how there might be an insane # of DTs taken in the first and based on what we saw a few years ago with OTs, its completely believable.
    I find it a little unbelievable that Austin will go in the first round having not played a year, but the risk/reward with him is really favorable so I can somewhat understand why it would happen. If anything, I see Austin going toward the later part of the first round to a team like Indy or NYJ that doesn't really "need" a DT, but would take one of they could get the right one. I think Austin will do great in the NFL and would be a shoe-in for a top 15 spot if he would've played last year.

The guy in the draft that I REALLY like is Cam Jordan. That kid is gonna be a badass in the NFL. I wish we could somehow trade a menagerie of picks to somehow put ourselves in position to draft Fairely and Jordan instead of Dareus. Dareus will be better in the NFL than Fairely, or at least more consistent, but if would could have Farely AND Jordan, we'd be set.

That said, I'm not in to the whole mock draft scene, but I do think Denver will take Dareus at #2 (providing Carolina doesn't steal him), and Moore with the 2a pick. I think Ayers will still be there at 33, but Moore has more upside, is less risky, and would be filling a position we're in need of now and in the immediate future.

12. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I find it a little unbelievable that Austin will go in the first round having not played a year, but the risk/reward with him is really favorable so I can somewhat understand why it would happen. If anything, I see Austin going toward the later part of the first round to a team like Indy or NYJ that doesn't really "need" a DT, but would take one of they could get the right one. I think Austin will do great in the NFL and would be a shoe-in for a top 15 spot if he would've played last year.

The guy in the draft that I REALLY like is Cam Jordan. That kid is gonna be a badass in the NFL. I wish we could somehow trade a menagerie of picks to somehow put ourselves in position to draft Fairely and Jordan instead of Dareus. Dareus will be better in the NFL than Fairely, or at least more consistent, but if would could have Farely AND Jordan, we'd be set.

That said, I'm not in to the whole mock draft scene, but I do think Denver will take Dareus at #2 (providing Carolina doesn't steal him), and Moore with the 2a pick. I think Ayers will still be there at 33, but Moore has more upside, is less risky, and would be filling a position we're in need of now and in the immediate future.
    A few years ago (in the Clady draft) there was a massive run on offensive tackles. It was so crazy that Duane Brown, who no one thought would be drafted in the 1st, went in the 1st to Houston. Dont think something similar couldnt happen again.

14. The Following User High Fived Agent of Orange For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Agent of Orange View Post
    A few years ago (in the Clady draft) there was a massive run on offensive tackles. It was so crazy that Duane Brown, who no one thought would be drafted in the 1st, went in the 1st to Houston. Dont think something similar couldnt happen again.
    I don't doubt it. Sometimes, though, I wonder what the **** these draft "gurus" and people in the NFL are thinking.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

There are always a few shockers. Jacksonville last year. Houston taking Brown. Shanny taking Middlebrooks and George Foster. It happens almost annually...which means others drop further than they should. I'd keep eyes on the early 2nd round just in case some a stud or 2 slips.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Oh...and interesting mock concept. Based on visits, I'd be cool w/ that draft. Hell, if we draft 2 stud DT projects early, I don't care what it would be based on.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I wouldn't mind at all if we took Paea. He's a short (for a defensive tackle) squaty guy how looks like he could be a solid complement someone like Dareus or Fairley.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information