Thread: Im starting to lean more toward Dareus.

Default Im starting to lean more toward Dareus.

I guess I feel that Fairley still has more appeal to me and a lot of it is the value I see in a DT that can routinely put pressure on the QB the way he did.

In a recent discussion someone offered conjecture that Dareus might be able to get pressure like that too but we didnt see it because of what they had him do in Alabama's defense. This is a fair point to make, but still, thats a huge assumption without having seen him do it. However, last night I drilled into some Dareus stuff and came across a few games that would suggest Dareus could be more than competent at pinning his ears back. At least I saw what I felt was enough to feel better about Dareus in terms of getting after the QB. I also see the value of him being almost 30 lbs heavier while being faster. I also see the value of Dareus's powerful build. I dont see leg strength really being a concern with either but its definitely less of an issue with Dareus.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Agent of Orange For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Whether its Fairley or Dareus doesnt matter to me. I think Coach said it best, as long as they disrupt the backfield and create havoc i dont really care if they get a shitload of sacks. The idea is too stop the run and free up guys like Doom and Ayers. If either of those guys can do that we got our man. Any Sacks that come up is a bonus.

4. The Following 7 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

pure size and strength at the POA is Dareus's biggest plus over Fairley imo. Penetrating DTs are important and rare, but lose their effectiveness when you can't stop the run on 1st and 2nd downs. We've had defenses with pudgy tummies for the past 6 DC's...no way we can compete in our division without being able to stuff the run.

if both pan out, it doesn't matter which we take. But in case of bust, Dareus should at least be able to offer some run stuffing.
    If not me, who?

And when fairley says MD should be #1 pick.......nuff said.
    Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak View Post
    And when fairley says MD should be #1 pick.......nuff said.
    Either that or he doesnt want to be a Panther.

8. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Either that or he doesnt want to be a Panther.
    Under the genius of Ron Rivera? SURELY you jest.
    Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Whether its Fairley or Dareus doesnt matter to me. I think Coach said it best, as long as they disrupt the backfield and create havoc i dont really care if they get a shitload of sacks. The idea is too stop the run and free up guys like Doom and Ayers. If either of those guys can do that we got our man. Any Sacks that come up is a bonus.
    You are right on here. Jax had the two best DT in the game for many with Henderson and stroud iirc no one ran on them, they made the rest of the D much better.
    If we fix that spot and nothing else in this draft I will be a happy camper.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information