Thread: How do you convert an audio file into video?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Default How do you convert an audio file into video?

I was just interview yesterday by a local radio station who gave me a raw copy of the interview. I want to post it on YouTube & Facebook, but neither Windows Media Player nor Real Player can convert an MP3 format to video. The list of formats the Facebook says that it supports is as follows:

■3g2 (Mobile Video)
    ■3gp (Mobile Video)
    ■3gpp (Mobile Video)
    ■asf (Windows Media Video)
    ■avi (AVI Video)
    ■dat (MPEG Video)
    ■divx (DIVX Video)
    ■dv (DV Video)
    ■f4v (Flash Video)
    ■flv (Flash Video)
    ■m2ts (M2TS Video)
    ■m4v (MPEG-4 Video)
    ■mkv (Matroska Format)
    ■mod (MOD Video)
    ■mov (QuickTime Movie)
    ■mp4 (MPEG-4 Video)
    ■mpe (MPEG Video)
    ■mpeg (MPEG Video)
    ■mpeg4 (MPEG-4 Video)
    ■mpg (MPEG Video)
    ■mts (AVCHD Video)
    ■nsv (Nullsoft Video)
    ■ogm (Ogg Media Format)
    ■ogv (Ogg Video Format)
    ■qt (QuickTime Movie)
    ■tod (TOD Video)
    ■ts (MPEG Transport Stream)
    ■vob (DVD Video)
    ■wmv (Windows Media Video)

So, how do I convert an MP3 to one of these formats.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

3. The Following User High Fived shank For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I not only tried the instruction of trying to use the software that came with my laptop as well as the software advertised on that link. Neither work for me. It could just be that I'm so inept in tech that I'll never get anything like this to work on my own.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

do you have windows movie maker?
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

6. The Following User High Fived shank For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by shawshank24 View Post
    do you have windows movie maker?
    Yes, although its referred to as “Windows Live Move Maker” on my laptop (I assume that's the full name of the software). I also tried Real Player, NTI Media Maker 9 (came pre-installed on my laptop) & AVS Audio Converter 6 (downloaded from the link you provided).

go into windows movie maker. on the left side you should see menus that say import ________________ whatever type of file.

you will need to import the .mp3 that you want to make into a video. you will also need to import a picture that will be the visual part of your video.

when you import them, they will pop up on that same screen to be used. just click and drag the picture down to the bottom of the screen (the storyboard). it should show up down there after dragging it down.

then, click and drag the mp3 down to the bottom as well. it will show up as a timeline of what is now your video. click and drag the bar of the picture so that it is as long as the bar for the audio on the timeline. this will ensure the picture is displayed for the entire audio clip.

that's all there is too it. go up to file and select publish movie, and the file should be ready for upload.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived shank For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by shawshank24 View Post
    go into windows movie maker. on the left side you should see menus that say import ________________ whatever type of file.

you will need to import the .mp3 that you want to make into a video. you will also need to import a picture that will be the visual part of your video.

when you import them, they will pop up on that same screen to be used. just click and drag the picture down to the bottom of the screen (the storyboard). it should show up down there after dragging it down.

then, click and drag the mp3 down to the bottom as well. it will show up as a timeline of what is now your video. click and drag the bar of the picture so that it is as long as the bar for the audio on the timeline. this will ensure the picture is displayed for the entire audio clip.

that's all there is too it. go up to file and select publish movie, and the file should be ready for upload.
    So the problem was that I was selecting the audio before the picture. Its converting know, but its going to take a few minutes.

11. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

You're essentially dubbing audio to video so without a picture to use as video it has nothing to attach the audio to. Sounds like you've got this figured out now. Congrats on the interview.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

13. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    You're essentially dubbing audio to video so without a picture to use as video it has nothing to attach the audio to. Sounds like you've got this figured out now. Congrats on the interview.
    Thanks

I posted the links to my "Autistic Awareness Month" thread http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...40#post1235740, but I guess I can post them here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Thanks to shawshank, I was able to figure out how to make the conversions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3z_zUiftyg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcKQg...el_video_title

This was my 1st media interview ever was good, except for some stuttering problems that was due to me not being use to this type of dialog format. The interviewer, Ruby Cheeks, was trying to help me pack as much information as possible into the limited time frame. This lead to her interjecting at times when I wasn’t expecting. It was often times to summarize & clarify what I had just said. Several times it lead to changing direction and focusing on a foundational principle when my brain was course to build onto the principle.

I’ll have to work at getting use to this type of a dialog format for future interview. Even though my delivery for this dialog format may need improvement, my content was right on. Not only was I prepared to give relevant information that the audience needed to hear, but I was able to give solid responses to all of Ruby’s questions & comments.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information