Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: John Elway will be on FM104.3the fan today

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default John Elway will be on FM104.3the fan today

John will be on there around 3:00 MDT - I am sure Mike Evans and Scott Hastings will be talking draft with him.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Still not on - wrapping up a meeting.

Here is website - to listen online

http://www.1043thefan.com/home.aspx

He's on now
    Last edited by Denver Native (Carol); 03-30-2011 at 04:31 PM.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Expecting you to transcribe, carol.
    Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums
    Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

Adopted Bronco:

Here is link to listen to what was said:

http://www.1043thefan.com/channels/M...spx?ID=1394007

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

6. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Here is link to listen to what was said:

http://www.1043thefan.com/channels/M...spx?ID=1394007
    Ummm...maybe I wasn't clear enough........

Or how about, PLEASE?

; )

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak View Post
    Ummm...maybe I wasn't clear enough........

Or how about, PLEASE?

; )
    They talked to Elway about a lot of different things and I'll try to hit the important stuff:

- They complemented Elway about the new "openness" regarding the team to the media and fans.

- Elway stressed the need on defense. The way he spoke, he left little doubt that we'd be drafting defense early and often. Talked about why it was harder to find talented D-line later in the draft and because of the big drop off in talent after the first few rounds, you just don't find the talented D-linemen with the right mix of size/speed late.

- When asked if all the QB scouting was just a smokescreen, he said it wasn't and that they really did have to do their homework on everyone because they weren't positive that any of the guys currently on the roster were "franchise" type of QBs and because we're drafting so high they need to make sure we hit on that pick. They radio guys told Elway that the fans want Tebow and will freak out if we draft a QB at #2.

- He gave props to the offense, in particular that offensive line (called them all out individually by name - except for Harris). Said it was "unfortunate" about Demaryius Thomas and the FO hopes to have him back by mid-season. Seems pretty comfortable with the offense and the players we have there.

- They talked about the spread offense and why it really won't ever fully be utilized at the pro level like it is in college. Elway said it basically came down to having to effectively run the ball and you just can't have your QB carrying the ball 20+ times per game in the NFL.

- Last of all, they joked with John about getting Hillis back.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    They talked to Elway about a lot of different things and I'll try to hit the important stuff:

- They complemented Elway about the new "openness" regarding the team to the media and fans.

- Elway stressed the need on defense. The way he spoke, he left little doubt that we'd be drafting defense early and often. Talked about why it was harder to find talented D-line later in the draft and because of the big drop off in talent after the first few rounds, you just don't find the talented D-linemen with the right mix of size/speed late.

- When asked if all the QB scouting was just a smokescreen, he said it wasn't and that they really did have to do their homework on everyone because they weren't positive that any of the guys currently on the roster were "franchise" type of QBs and because we're drafting so high they need to make sure we hit on that pick. They radio guys told Elway that the fans want Tebow and will freak out if we draft a QB at #2.

- He gave props to the offense, in particular that offensive line (called them all out individually by name - except for Harris). Said it was "unfortunate" about Demaryius Thomas and the FO hopes to have him back by mid-season. Seems pretty comfortable with the offense and the players we have there.

- They talked about the spread offense and why it really won't ever fully be utilized at the pro level like it is in college. Elway said it basically came down to having to effectively run the ball and you just can't have your QB carrying the ball 20+ times per game in the NFL.

- Last of all, they joked with John about getting Hillis back.

Did John say anything after they mentioned the fans wanting tebow and freaking out at a Qb at #2?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

10. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Did John say anything after they mentioned the fans wanting tebow and freaking out at a Qb at #2?
    They talked a little about Tebow and John pretty much repeated the same stuff he'd been saying all offseason. He complimented Tim's intangibles, work ethic, and leadership, but said he was "raw". John went on to talk about making the transition from a spread QB to a pro QB and about taking snaps under center.

I'm really not too terribly worried because I just don't think we'll take a QB (John said we were looking at all of them but didn't really let on that we were interested in any of them) until he and Fox can get a no-shit look at what the guys we have bring to the table. Elway and Fox have been in Denver almost 4 months now and haven't even been able watch these guys throw passes in shorts, yet. That's just ridiculous. I kinda understand why they are looking at QBs, they can't look at the ones we actually have! Maybe they use all this scouting to compare the guys we have once we get to camp for better analysis for the next draft.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

12. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

I bet John has a pretty good idea, and has watched Tebow at practice more than we realize.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

14. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Can't help but wonder what John's thoughts are. He was the prototypical QB, had the total physical package--and in most of our opinions the best of all time.

Could very well be that he's searching for a guy closer to his skillset (like there is one out there) to lead the franchise.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Maybe Elway forgets how raw he was. So raw that he got yanked and replaced by Steve Deberg. So raw early on that fans even wanted him replaced by Kubiak. Thank goodness the franchise stuck behind him. He needs to do the same for Tebow.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Off topic, but....
    some on Sirius nfl put more weight into je's comments about TT, and their looking at qb's. They see him trading with the jags if the compensation is right.
    Jim miller says he" has no doubt" that the team would rather play behind KO vs TT. That TT would not have won as many games as KO. That if they needed the qb to take a 7step drop, look off a S and then make a completion on a '7route'(?), in a tight space, he had no confidence he could make it.
    He says he's not a tebowhater, as some call him. He like TT and thinks he can be a good qb. But its gonna take alot of hard work and time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Maybe Elway forgets how raw he was. So raw that he got yanked and replaced by Steve Deberg. So raw early on that fans even wanted him replaced by Kubiak. Thank goodness the franchise stuck behind him. He needs to do the same for Tebow.
    I don't think je was 'raw'. He didn't have to work on C snaps/footwork/throwing motion/reading defenses.

.....unless you consider putting an 'X' on wr chests as 'raw'.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

"They radio guys told Elway that the fans want Tebow and will freak out if we draft a QB at #2."
    If Tebow goes on to success elsewhere, fans might never forgive Elway and his legacy will be forever tarnished. This is Denver , man. We dont put up with that kinda shyt here.

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak View Post
    Off topic, but....
    some on Sirius nfl put more weight into je's comments about TT, and their looking at qb's. They see him trading with the jags if the compensation is right.
    Jim miller says he" has no doubt" that the team would rather play behind KO vs TT. That TT would not have won as many games as KO. That if they needed the qb to take a 7step drop, look off a S and then make a completion on a '7route'(?), in a tight space, he had no confidence he could make it.
    He says he's not a tebowhater, as some call him. He like TT and thinks he can be a good qb. But its gonna take alot of hard work and time.
    Very interesting. Though I don't think I would want to waste years on the Tebow project--I would give him next year and draft all defense this year. I don't really buy into Tebow, but I also don't see a QB I "have to have" this year. Might as well draft for defense and see if I guy I like better is there next year. Perhaps John feels differently.

Actually I do think from Elway's comments I feel like he's not enamored with Tebow. I don't think you say essentially trading Cutler was a mistake if you have good feelings about Tebow being a stud later. He obviously isn't convinced the answer isn't on the roster.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information