Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Vehicle shopping

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Why do you always resort to being shitty with people?
    Please. Like your little 'america' comment in quotations was not a shot at me.Ford never took any bailout money. They took some stimulus money but paid it back entirely with their profits. And in case you didn't read my posts in this thread, my wife and I both own Toyotas. I don't buy American vehicles because they're made like shit, with the exception of Ford vehicles and the GM and Dodge trucks. I like some American vehicles...like Corvettes, the SRT line of Dodge vehicles minus the SRT4 Neon, and other go-fast stuff, but I won't buy any of 'em. Toyota is where it's at. I was just making the observation that since you're all ate up about America that you'd buy American vehicles...but if you wanna talk shit and be a dick, I can do that dance too.
    Most American vehicles are crap. And you apparently agree. It used to be that buying American cars was the right thing to do and patriotic. Now, strangely enough, buying American vehicles supports the big Unions who are one of the biggest destructive forces in this nation. So yeah, I CAN be pro America and not buy American cars. Dance with that!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Most American vehicles are crap. And you apparently agree. It used to be that buying American cars was the right thing to do and patriotic. Now, strangely enough, buying American vehicles supports the big Unions who are one of the biggest destructive forces in this nation. So yeah, I CAN be pro America and not buy American cars. Dance with that!
    It was not a shot at you. It was an observation.

I do agree. A lot of American vehicles are still far behind the Japanese automakers in terms of quality, except for Ford.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Get a Kia Sportage or a Hyundai equivalent. they have 10 year /100,000 mile warranties. And they wouldn't warranty them like that if they thought they would have to be fixed alot. Great, great value. I've had 2 hyundais and a kia.
    I don't like the Hyundai, I looked at the Kia but I really dont like the local dealers here. They are not people I want to be in business with.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

4. The Following User High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

You're not missing out on much man.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    I don't like the Hyundai, I looked at the Kia but I really dont like the local dealers here. They are not people I want to be in business with.
    flip a coin. I am one of the biggest haters of car dealerships and their pressure sales mentality out there. I tear into them, tell them to stay away from me or I will leave right away. I let them know I will come to them when I'm ready, and if I get any kind of pressure sales vibes or the "Well let me go talk to my manager and see if he'll let me do this"; I'm out. i do my research, do the consumer reports stuff, get the MSRPs and typical costs online, print it all up and bring it in to the dealer. Strangely enough, at the Kia dealer I went to here, they were as cool as the other side of the pillow. they were the opposite of pressure sales, while offering to drive halfway across the state to bring in the one I wanted that was the color my wife wanted.

Flip a coin. It's all local, some dealers are good, some are crap, across the board regardless of manufacturer. I was just suggesting the vehicle, not the dealerships.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

There is only 1 Kia dealer within an hour of here and the sales manager flat lied to my face. For that reason alone I am not interested in them.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

8. The Following User High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I wouldn't be interested in Kia at all, regardless of the dealership.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    There is only 1 Kia dealer within an hour of here and the sales manager flat lied to my face. For that reason alone I am not interested in them.
    When will these idiots figure out that these tactics will never help their sales?

When I am in the market to buy another car, I'm getting a VW Bug.
    This space available for lease.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

When will these idiots figure out that these tactics will never help their sales?
    I've found that a lot of dealerships in lesser populated areas tend to be the ones that don't really care what tactics they use because, in a sense, they monopolize the market due to the lack of competition near them. It's the same way here in Rapid...there are no major dealerships anywhere near here, so they pressure the shit out of people knowing that they only other place people can go is Spearfish (I think there is a Ford dealer there and that's it) or make the six hour drive to Denver or Sioux Falls. I've been to dealerships in Phoenix and Dallas and they were the friendliest, easiest people (car dealer wise) to deal with that I've experienced.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

I've found that a lot of dealerships in lesser populated areas tend to be the ones that don't really care what tactics they use because, in a sense, they monopolize the market due to the lack of competition near them. It's the same way here in Rapid...there are no major dealerships anywhere near here, so they pressure the shit out of people knowing that they only other place people can go is Spearfish (I think there is a Ford dealer there and that's it) or make the six hour drive to Denver or Sioux Falls. I've been to dealerships in Phoenix and Dallas and they were the friendliest, easiest people (car dealer wise) to deal with that I've experienced.
    We bought our Durango from Dave Smith in Kellogg, Idaho. We ended up saving about $10K off the sticker price by getting it there. It was worth the 8 hour round trip to get it there.
    This space available for lease.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by gnomeflinger View Post
    When I am in the market to buy another car, I'm getting a VW Bug.
    I didn't know this but Volkswagons (all vehicles), you can't put a block heater on them. My wife's friend had a Passat and she was told by the manufacturer that it's not equipped to install a block heater.....interesting when people live up in the northern tier of the country!

Yeah, Minot seemed to have that mentality because the dealerships there pretty much owned that area and if you didn't like it, it was a 2 hr drive to Bismarck and a 4 hr drive to Grand Forks or a 5 hr drive to fargo! Haven't had to deal with the dealerships yet around here in Anchorage!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Get one of these:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I didn't know this but Volkswagons (all vehicles), you can't put a block heater on them. My wife's friend had a Passat and she was told by the manufacturer that it's not equipped to install a block heater.....interesting when people live up in the northern tier of the country!

Yeah, Minot seemed to have that mentality because the dealerships there pretty much owned that area and if you didn't like it, it was a 2 hr drive to Bismarck and a 4 hr drive to Grand Forks or a 5 hr drive to fargo! Haven't had to deal with the dealerships yet around here in Anchorage!
    You can put a block heater in almost any vehicle. All you have to do is drain the coolant/antifreeze, pull a freeze plug out, and install the heating element where the freeze plug was. It takes a couple hours.

Adopted Bronco:
    Gene Mingo

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    My wife has a 09 Subaru Outback and she loves it. I do not know the difference between the Forester and Outback. It handles the extreme winter driving very well. But get your granola out and hug a tree.....just kidding my wife's coworker(he was from Texas) called her a granola eating/tree hugging/Outback driving Washatonian!!

As SR said do want you want! You can't go wrong with those vehicles hopefully they have good gas mileage.....I have a Chevy Silverado 4 door short bed and I paid $90 dollars to fill it up yesterday!!
    I've been driving Subarus for years now. My first was Brat when I was 17. It fit me, a couple of buddies and our surf boards. I love them. I currenly drive a Outback Legacy. I thought the Forester was a bit top heavy and I like to throw a canoe on top, but seemed like a nice vehicle. Their vehicles generally have very good safety ratings which is a plus for the family. Good luck.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information