Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Vehicle shopping

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    WOW! AWD, 270 HP....That's a hell of a ride, I bet. I think its the same engine they put into the 3.5 liter AWD V6 Lexus RX. Nice Mid-size SUV if you ask me. And its a toyota, so you know it will last....And give you good mileage if you don't have a lead foot.
    It's the same motor...3.5L V6. We get about 25-27 MPG on the highway. Last summer when we drove from Rapid City to Denver we made it to Ft Collins (about 360 miles) before we had to get gas. It's an awesome little car. I wish my Tacoma had the power and fuel economy that her Rav has.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    At the end of the day I was looking for advice on types of car and recommendations. Not really an anaylsis of my ego or insite on my spending habbits.

I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, I don't cheat on my wife. I spend all my free time with my kids and I proudly serve my county. If my bad habbit is I like to drive a new vehicle and I don't run an old one into the ground I think that is ok. Some single mom of 3 probably needs a van and now there will be a newer one with low miles on the market for a lower rate and I can have the new car I desire.
    BTW the payments are lower than I have now and the insurrance will be less, less gas better for the environment. More money in my pocket monthly although I have to pay a year longer, but that will allow me to take a nice family vacation this summer. So I guess there has been more thought than just my ego wants one.

All that being said if I don't get the deal I want, I am going to wait 6 months and try again. I don't need a new vehicle I want one, and yes I know the difference.

**** the haters man. Do what you do and screw what other people think.

Bottom line, you can't go wrong with Toyota or Nissan. Ford is, in my humble opinion with the vast vehicle experience that I have, is the only American automaker whose quality comes close to Toyota or Nissan.

3. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    It's the same motor...3.5L V6. We get about 25-27 MPG on the highway. Last summer when we drove from Rapid City to Denver we made it to Ft Collins (about 360 miles) before we had to get gas. It's an awesome little car. I wish my Tacoma had the power and fuel economy that her Rav has.
    I will check it out but I really like the Subaru and the Scion (which is a Toyota) when I was at the Toyota dealer yesterday I didn't see any new Rav 4s do they still make them I wonder?

Thanks MasterShake!!!

I will check it out but I really like the Subaru and the Scion (which is a Toyota) when I was at the Toyota dealer yesterday I didn't see any new Rav 4s do they still make them I wonder?
    http://www.toyota.com/sem/rav4.html?...610_p342876686

6. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

The absolutely still make them. Go to Toyota's website. I see tons of Subarus around here, but I wouldn't ever own one. I'm not a big Scion fan either. Ravs are a little pricey if you're looking to stay around $25k. My wife's fully loaded Rav was around $32k.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Also, the things I REALLY like about the Rav aside from it's power is that it's got the iPod interface, heated seats, DAC (downhill assist control), auto LSD (limited slip differentials), and all of the hands free Bluetooth stuff.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Also, the things I REALLY like about the Rav aside from it's power is that it's got the iPod interface, heated seats, DAC (downhill assist control), auto LSD (limited slip differentials), and all of the hands free Bluetooth stuff.
    All of those features are in both the Scion and Subaru. I am also looking at duel dvd players in the head rests and a moon roof. I'll check the Rav I didn't really consider it. Same as the Scion, it wasn't on my list at all then I took it for a drive and wow that is one cool little car.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

All of those features are in both the Scion and Subaru. I am also looking at duel dvd players in the head rests and a moon roof. I'll check the Rav I didn't really consider it. Same as the Scion, it wasn't on my list at all then I took it for a drive and wow that is one cool little car.
    It's all in what you like. If I had the desire to spend the kind of money that they cost, I'd get either a Toyota Highlander or a loaded Nissan Murano. Ravs are nice though. Another thing I like about the Ravs are that the rear seats are on tracks so they move back and forth. Also, the cargo area floor has a storage cubby underneath it that is as deep and wide as the entire cargo compartment. A baby stroller fits in there folder up.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

We lost our dog this Jan after 11 years, and teh kids are getting bigger, they no longer need strollers. So I decided to trade in my 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan.
    So fan I am looking at the Subaru Forrester, The Ford Edge and the GMC Terrain all 2011 models .
    Does anyone have any suggestions of what they would look for in a mid size SUV type car. Mid price range? We pay we more for cars in Canada so I can`t really give a fair price range. All of these are in the $25,000 range

BTW this is my 1000 post on this site.
    Get a Kia Sportage or a Hyundai equivalent. they have 10 year /100,000 mile warranties. And they wouldn't warranty them like that if they thought they would have to be fixed alot. Great, great value. I've had 2 hyundais and a kia.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I will never buy a Korean vehicle. For being such an "America" guy, I'm surprised you're not all about American vehicles.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

I will never buy a Korean vehicle. For being such an "America" guy, I'm surprised you're not all about American vehicles.
    Good lord, man.... There is a diff between North and South Korea, did you know?

I buy American when it is a good deal. Unfortunately, the supposedly "Top Notch Union Made" American vehicles don't even think abou the kind of warranties the Kia and Hyundais can offer. They also want to make me pay for their pensions with a purchase of a good ol american car. **** them. Hyundai and Kia didn't have to be bailed out with taxpayer money either. Another plus. And Honda and Toyota have been kicking the ever loving shit out of American cars for decades. How American is that for ya?

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

My wife has a 09 Subaru Outback and she loves it. I do not know the difference between the Forester and Outback. It handles the extreme winter driving very well. But get your granola out and hug a tree.....just kidding my wife's coworker(he was from Texas) called her a granola eating/tree hugging/Outback driving Washatonian!!

As SR said do want you want! You can't go wrong with those vehicles hopefully they have good gas mileage.....I have a Chevy Silverado 4 door short bed and I paid $90 dollars to fill it up yesterday!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Good lord, man.... There is a diff between North and South Korea, did you know?

I buy American when it is a good deal. Unfortunately, the supposedly "Top Notch Union Made" American vehicles don't even think abou the kind of warranties the Kia and Hyundais can offer. They also want to make me pay for their pensions with a purchase of a good ol american car. **** them. Hyundai and Kia didn't have to be bailed out with taxpayer money either. Another plus. And Honda and Toyota have been kicking the ever loving shit out of American cars for decades. How American is that for ya?
    Why do you always resort to being shitty with people?

Ford never took any bailout money. They took some stimulus money but paid it back entirely with their profits. And in case you didn't read my posts in this thread, my wife and I both own Toyotas. I don't buy American vehicles because they're made like shit, with the exception of Ford vehicles and the GM and Dodge trucks. I like some American vehicles...like Corvettes, the SRT line of Dodge vehicles minus the SRT4 Neon, and other go-fast stuff, but I won't buy any of 'em. Toyota is where it's at. I was just making the observation that since you're all ate up about America that you'd buy American vehicles...but if you wanna talk shit and be a dick, I can do that dance too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    My wife has a 09 Subaru Outback and she loves it. I do not know the difference between the Forester and Outback. It handles the extreme winter driving very well. But get your granola out and hug a tree.....just kidding my wife's coworker(he was from Texas) called her a granola eating/tree hugging/Outback driving Washatonian!!

As SR said do want you want! You can't go wrong with those vehicles hopefully they have good gas mileage.....I have a Chevy Silverado 4 door short bed and I paid $90 dollars to fill it up yesterday!!
    Gas is the reason I don't get rid of my Tacoma for a bigger truck. My piece only gets about 18 MPG with a combination of highway/city driving, but I only have a 21 gallon tank so fill ups are still under $60 for me. I want a Titan or a Tundra, but don't want the fuel costs.

17. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

At the end of the day I was looking for advice on types of car and recommendations. Not really an anaylsis of my ego or insite on my spending habbits.

I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, I don't cheat on my wife. I spend all my free time with my kids and I proudly serve my county. If my bad habbit is I like to drive a new vehicle and I don't run an old one into the ground I think that is ok. Some single mom of 3 probably needs a van and now there will be a newer one with low miles on the market for a lower rate and I can have the new car I desire.
    BTW the payments are lower than I have now and the insurrance will be less, less gas better for the environment. More money in my pocket monthly although I have to pay a year longer, but that will allow me to take a nice family vacation this summer. So I guess there has been more thought than just my ego wants one.

All that being said if I don't get the deal I want, I am going to wait 6 months and try again. I don't need a new vehicle I want one, and yes I know the difference.
    Hey - it is TOTALLY your business what you want to do - good luck on finding the best deal you can.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information