Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Colin Kaepernick to visit, workout for Broncos

Default Colin Kaepernick to visit, workout for Broncos

Urge to kill...rising
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

3. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos' John Elway intrigued by quarterback class

"Where we are with that second pick, we have to look at everything," Elway said. "Because by no means do we plan on going back there. So we are literally looking at every position inside the draft."

It should also be noted that Elway, Xanders and Fox have watched the pro day workouts of defensive tackles Marcell Dareus and Nick Fairley, linebacker Von Miller and met privately in Pompano Beach, Fla. with cornerback Patrick Peterson.

And it remains likely the Broncos, who ranked 32nd in total defense and scoring defense, will use their No. 2 pick on a defensive player.

"Our goal with that second pick is to find a player who is going to start for the next 10 years with us," Xanders said.
    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17665644

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Urge to kill...rising

Chill, man. Have a brew

Dude, do you really think we'd draft a QB this year if EXF didn't have full confidence in him to be our franchise QB? I can tell you this much, we're not going to waste a pick on a QB project or back-up. We're either drafting one of them to be the face of the franchise, or not bother at all.

That's what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    I think our FO's ideal situation would be to draft an impact defensive player at #2 and draft one of the QB prospects we like in the 2nd or 3rd round, if they fall that far.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRocker View Post
    Chill, man. Have a brew

Dude, do you really think we'd draft a QB this year if EXF didn't have full confidence in him to be our franchise QB? I can tell you this much, we're not going to waste a pick on a QB project or back-up. We're either drafting one of them to be the face of the franchise, or not bother at all.

That's what I think.

I know, I am worried that they think one of these guys would be the face of the franchise and ditch our other potential face of franchise all teh while ignoring our defense.

You know, if we drafted Aj green, Mark Ingram, Pouncey, Julio Jones- I would be ok. I would be pissed to high hell if we went offense, but I can kinda see it. QB though imo is the one position that we do not need to even look at until at least the 3rd. KO, TT, quinn- is fine when you also have the 7th worst defense ever.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

8. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

I know, I am worried that they think one of these guys would be the face of the franchise and ditch our other potential face of franchise all teh while ignoring our defense.

You know, if we drafted Aj green, Mark Ingram, Pouncey, Julio Jones- I would be ok. I would be pissed to high hell if we went offense, but I can kinda see it
    hell no!!!

defense defense defense anything else is crap i don't even care the upside of the offensive player. This defense has been overlooked for too long I would understand picking one if we would have gotten a big free agent d-linemen like Peppers. They are really wasting there time with this crap
    Back 2 Back Patches on my jacket/ Orange Zippers
    Super Bowl 50 witness

2019 Broncos Pick’em Champion
    2021 Broncos Pick’em Champion

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived BORDERLINE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Eric Decker

It's just the Broncos doing their due diligence for the draft. IMO, the earliest they'll draft an offensive player would be in the 3rd round with the first 2 rounds dedicated to defense (hopefully Dareus in the first, and my personal favorite Paea in the 2nd, don't know who they should get with that second 2nd rounder).
    "I'm petrified of nipple chafing"-Andy Bernard

12. The Following User High Fived ikillz0mbies For This Post:

You know, if we drafted Aj green, Mark Ingram, Pouncey, Julio Jones- I would be ok. I would be pissed to high hell if we went offense, but I can kinda see it. QB though imo is the one position that we do not need to even look at until at least the 3rd. KO, TT, quinn- is fine when you also have the 7th worst defense ever.
    Where, in that statement by elway, say they were going to take a qb@ #2? ESPECIALLY this guy! Lol. He's the talk of the town, as there always is when some qb from BFE looks good.
    He might be a good pick, 3-5. He'd be a cheap alternative to what is there now. In fact, down the road in 4yrs when he's a FA, these visits are highly beneficial.
    Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

doesnt seem like this FO cares for Tebow at all.. that sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    doesnt seem like this FO cares for Tebow at all.. that sucks
    Lmao
    Where'd they say that?

Colin isn't a top 10 player.
    Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Number 7

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak View Post
    Where, in that statement by elway, say they were going to take a qb@ #2? ESPECIALLY this guy! Lol. He's the talk of the town, as there always is when some qb from BFE looks good.
    He might be a good pick, 3-5. He'd be a cheap alternative to what is there now. In fact, down the road in 4yrs when he's a FA, these visits are highly beneficial.
    didn't realize I was from Egypt...
    Kap really improved his throwing the past couple of years, earlier in his tenure, I thought his passing game was just not at all good, but his last 2 years, really got better. Having watched him up close, and he's a great kid, who really worked on his game to expand his career possilbilities. But, just my take, he and Tebow have a similar style, seems like picking Kap would be kind of redundant, to me.
    Last edited by gobroncsnv; 03-22-2011 at 07:39 PM.
    "What do you want your dash to represent?"

17. The Following User High Fived gobroncsnv For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Just because they're talking to quarterbacks doesn't mean they're gonna draft a quarterback. They're playing the game. It's a complex game
    http://twitter.com/VicLombardi/statu...42939410448384

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gobroncsnv View Post
    didn't realize I was from Egypt...
    Kap really improved his throwing the past couple of years, earlier in his tenure, I thought his passing game was just not at all good, but his last 2 years, really got better. Having watched him up close, and he's a great kid, who really worked on his game to expand his career possilbilities. But, just my take, he and Tebow have a similar style, seems like picking Kap would be kind of redundant, to me.
    Touche'.

Wasn't slamming on Nevada, just the fact he's not from a Big time conference (no slight to the WAC), though he did have impressive stats and is almost a TT clone.
    Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

21. The Following User High Fived rcsodak For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Ok, we get it! You don't want us to draft a QB! You don't have to troll EVERY thread about this subject. If you don't like the subject of the thread, don't read it!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information