Page 67 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1050

Thread: The Military Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    'It made us cry some more': Gold Star family of soldier killed by suicide bomber during Veterans Day run get BOOED by American Airlines first class for delaying flight on way to pick up their dead son's body

rest - plus video and photos - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-son-home.html

What is WRONG with people anymore. So many just think of themselves ONLY!!!!!
    I would be interested to know who exactly was on that plane.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Only a couple hours until go time. One more practice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161119_145954.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	9765

3. The Following 6 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Dude, sweeeet.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Too soon?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161119_163853.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	9767

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

USS John McCain hit by a merchant vessel just outside the Strait of Malacca, 10 Sailors missing, 5 injured, search and rescue efforts underway.

The USS Fitzgerald leadership was just relieved for cause last week ahead of the investigation results being published soon. Back in June the USS Fitzgerald was hit by a merchant vessel in the Asia region and lost 7 lives.

In the case of USS Fitzgerald the senior leadership was not on the bridge, the Captain and CMC were both sleeping in their quarters and junior officers were manning the bridge. That's not unusual, however, there were obviously issues with their training, the watch schedule, etc.

We'll find out more on the USS McCain soon, but I don't get this one at all. The Strait of Malacca is a VERY busy Strait. When I went through there in 2010 I think I posted a picture on here and remarked that it looked like a parking lot of ships. When we transited the strait it was all hands on deck, and stations ready, etc. because it's a very busy area and the threat of attack, wayward vessels, etc is very present.

I hope they find those 10 sailors alive and well, I hope that they weren't trapped in flooding cabins or crushed by the collision as they were on the USS Fitzgerald.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Through My Eyes: Aqib Talib ready to honor military vs. Patriots

We got the chance to explore Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station on Tuesday, and it’s just a whole different world that people aren’t aware of. They do a lot to protect the whole United States, not just Denver. You would think something like that would be fake, but it’s actually real. I’d kind of heard about it. They always said Denver has the underground security. It was awesome to tour. That was my favorite part: learning about all the Secret Service-type stuff that’s going on.

If I was down in the underground base, I think I would make it. I’ve been through it a little bit. I’m a pretty mentally tough guy. If I wasn’t playing football, I’d probably have something to do with the military.

We got to have lunch with the Air Force troops later, and that was interesting. We were able to pick these guys’ brains and learn about their daily lives. Of course, we know how our lives are, but it was cool to talk to them and see what they go through on a daily basis.

They’re a lot like us as far as having to be away from their family. But they’re there for longer periods of time. We get offseason breaks where we can go home and relax. They don’t really get to relax. When they’re here, they’re here. They do so much for this country. It’s great.
    rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...8-0eec7d95f205

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

The Pentagon is all in for the Army/Navy game this weekend. The Cadets had the full band and cheerleaders. The midshipman are schedule to show up this afternoon.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    The Pentagon is all in for the Army/Navy game this weekend. The Cadets had the full band and cheerleaders. The midshipman are schedule to show up this afternoon.
    Go Navy.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Today is the Marine Corps 243nd Birthday!

Happy Birthday Marines!
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Cool story in Washington Post today. Its a reprint from May

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e8d95931803e

"In April, French President Emmanuel Macron gave the White House an oak sapling from Belleau Wood, where, he said, “the blood [of Americans] was spilled to defend France."

I wonder were they planted it. Hopefully in crossroads of the Marine Corp.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Cool story in Washington Post today. Its a reprint from May

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e8d95931803e

"In April, French President Emmanuel Macron gave the White House an oak sapling from Belleau Wood, where, he said, “the blood [of Americans] was spilled to defend France."

I wonder were they planted it. Hopefully in crossroads of the Marine Corp.
    Stupid Wapo won't let me read it, but I believe it was planted at 8th and I, Marine Barracks DC.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Stupid Wapo won't let me read it, but I believe it was planted at 8th and I, Marine Barracks DC.
    Done the Street from me then.

19. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Done the Street from me then.
    My buddy bought a house right there next to the Eastern Market metro station. That area has completely changed from the first time I went down the 20 years ago. Beautiful spot now, great restaurants, nightlife, e.t.c.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    My buddy bought a house right there next to the Eastern Market metro station. That area has completely changed from the first time I went down the 20 years ago. Beautiful spot now, great restaurants, nightlife, e.t.c.
    It is. I actually live in VA, but work on Navy Yard. DC has changed over big time and is cool place to be.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

It is. I actually live in VA, but work on Navy Yard. DC has changed over big time and is cool place to be.
    Just ungodly expensive. I go there a few times a year, I'll hit you up next time I'm headed to DC.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information