Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast

Thread: The Military Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I don't see any weights?
    I actually haven't seen anything with the weights on them, just wanted to show you the three vehicles. We're talking hybrids abd turbo 6s, fuel economy is actually a concern now. I'm glad, that was the biggest need on the push to Baghdad.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

How much heavier do you think one of these will be?
    Based upon what I saw heifer then a M1126 Styker/LAV
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    That's a lot of weight.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    That's a lot of weight.
    Back to original post, they are massive vehicles.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

5. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I have no idea what that is.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I have no idea what that is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Holy hell

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Holy hell
    The Stryker Brigade CT was to be the transitional units, until the Army came up with the Future Combat Vehicles. FCV were supposed to be Fast, Hard Hitting, Air Mobile and Protected. But the Army complete ****** up the acquisition and they are in limbo.

10. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

The Stryker Brigade CT was to be the transitional units, until the Army came up with the Future Combat Vehicles. FCV were supposed to be Fast, Hard Hitting, Air Mobile and Protected. But the Army complete ****** up the acquisition and they are in limbo.
    You can always count on the Army to **** up a good thing

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos' Ben Garland proud of service

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- He has never appeared in an NFL game, not one. Not for a play, not for a moment, his day-to-day efforts have yet to be met with what some may think is the reward in a football life.

But for Ben Garland, it's about uniforms, and how you wear them.

"I've been able to wear the best uniform in the world, every single day, to be a part of something I think is special," said Garland, who is a guard on the Denver Broncos practice squad. "Now I get to wear the second-best uniform in the world, wearing that Broncos label, wearing that Broncos helmet. I've been rewarded in so many ways, I'm still striving to make it out there, to contribute, but no question I've already been rewarded in football."

A graduate of the U.S. Air Force Academy, Garland has spent much of the past four years trying to both honor his commitment to the military and still find a way to chase his dream of becoming a professional football player. The Broncos and the Air Force have let him try.
    rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/...litary-service

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by davii View Post
    i was surprised how big they all were. They were more like lavs than the tradition soft skins transportation vehicles.
    i think soft skinned vehicles are a thing of the past now.
    amen!!

15. The Following User High Fived Army Bronco For This Post:

Looking back, I wish I had joined the Military just to better my chances of going full time with the Fire Department. I was a PCF (on call FF) but never have been full time yet. I have 2 years Fire Science and this next semester I have to get my EMT before I can go through the Fire Academy. But I keep hearing from all of the Chiefs that they hire those that have been in the Military first and then look at other candidates.

Looks like Cal-Fire is going to hire me this season though. Just think some sort of Military background would have been benificial.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

17. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Looking back, I wish I had joined the Military just to better my chances of going full time with the Fire Department. I was a PCF (on call FF) but never have been full time yet. I have 2 years Fire Science and this next semester I have to get my EMT before I can go through the Fire Academy. But I keep hearing from all of the Chiefs that they hire those that have been in the Military first and then look at other candidates.

Looks like Cal-Fire is going to hire me this season though. Just think some sort of Military background would have been benificial.
    No doubt, Cal-Fire especially. I know a lot of guys that went into Cal-Fire when they got out. How old are you Den? If you think it might still help you could join the reserves... It would help you with your goals and doesn't require you to COMPLETELY give up your current life.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post

Unless Cali is different than AZ, being an EMT isn't a prerequisite to go to the Fire Academy. My best buddy just made Captain and will become the youngest captain in Maricopa County (Phoenix metro area)...anyway...he didn't get EMT or Paramedic until after he went to the Academy. The one thing that helped him was a bachelor's degree in public safety.

21. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    No doubt, Cal-Fire especially. I know a lot of guys that went into Cal-Fire when they got out. How old are you Den? If you think it might still help you could join the reserves... It would help you with your goals and doesn't require you to COMPLETELY give up your current life.
    I seriously gave that some long hard thoughts this past year. At least the reserves. But I am 37 and I just got a grant to go back to school. I think I am too old for anything now but maybe the Army? This year is critical for me to make the right decisions if I want to go full time with the FD.

Back in 2009 I applied at about 15 Cal-Fire locations and was asked to be interviewed by 3 of them. With my Fire Science education and already being an on call FF they seemed to want to hire me. However, my business was really taking off and I just didnt think I should do it. Looking back I should have.

The Rim fire up in Yosemite this past year was out of control.

And Happy Veterans Day to all of you Vets today!
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information