Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast

Thread: The Military Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Forgot to wish members of the Corp a hearty Happy Birthday on this thread yesterday. The cake and "punch" was flowing yesterday a the Pentagon.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

2. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

There's a huge international exercise taking place a few miles West of us at the decommissioned Trawsfynydd Nuclear Power Station:

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/nort...siles-11993492

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Over the past several months, I've painted the portraits of 98 wounded warriors I've gotten to know - remarkable men and women who were injured carrying out my orders. I think about them on #VeteransDay and every day. Their paintings and stories will be featured in PORTRAITS OF COURAGE - a book and special exhibit - next spring, and I am donating all my proceeds to the George W. Bush Presidential Center and our Military Service Initiative's work to honor and support them. Learn more at http://georgewbushbooks.com/

5. The Following 8 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I find it crazy that the Navy is stopping using people's job title as a part of their rank. For instance, if you are a corpman, petty officer 1st class, right now you'd be called HM1 then your last name. In that way people knew not only who you are but what you do/what your responsibilities are for whatever situation you're in, etc. They also wear symbols as a part of their rank, etc so it's easily distinguishable who does what.

Here shortly they will stop using any type of rating along with rank, so that guy would only be known as "petty officer" last name. The same as any other Petty Officer whether a Corpsman, Boiler Mech, or fireman.

I hope to Hell Trump helps to eliminate the stupid PC culture attacking our military.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I find it crazy that the Navy is stopping using people's job title as a part of their rank. For instance, if you are a corpman, petty officer 1st class, right now you'd be called HM1 then your last name. In that way people knew not only who you are but what you do/what your responsibilities are for whatever situation you're in, etc. They also wear symbols as a part of their rank, etc so it's easily distinguishable who does what.

Here shortly they will stop using any type of rating along with rank, so that guy would only be known as "petty officer" last name. The same as any other Petty Officer whether a Corpsman, Boiler Mech, or fireman.
    NAVADM msg allowed the continue use of corpman. The rest were pulled.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    I think it's ridiculous

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

I think it's ridiculous
    I'm not disagreeing. But there are a lot of things that we do that are ridiculous, this just one more on those things.

12. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I'm not disagreeing. But there are a lot of things that we do that are ridiculous, this just one more on those things.
    Fully agreed. Maybe we can stop doing so many ridiculous things.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Lol, different country, different arm, same shit

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Also, you're talking about the name itself here, not the rating title per se. What you're referring to, and please correct me if I'm wrong as I don't get all the NavAdmins or AlNav messages, is making all the rating titles gender neutral. I'm referring to completely doing away with the rating as a part of someone's rank or official title. There is no longer a BMCS Michaels, there is only senior chief Michaels.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Also, you're talking about the name itself here, not the rating title per se. What you're referring to, and please correct me if I'm wrong as I don't get all the NavAdmins or AlNav messages, is making all the rating titles gender neutral. I'm referring to completely doing away with the rating as a part of someone's rank or official title. There is no longer a BMCS Michaels, there is only senior chief Michaels.
    It was the NAVADMIN message and the way I remember reading it, the only rating that they were allowing to stay was CORPMAN. The rest were moved to the NOS rating system. So there would still be CORPMAN Slick Dick. I only sent about 10 minutes glancing through it and moving on. CPOs were bitching about, but I was worried about munitions issues.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Then what would the Flags and 0-6s do all day?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Then what would the Flags and 0-6s do all day?
    Same thing they do now, not much.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default This is absolutely terrible

'It made us cry some more': Gold Star family of soldier killed by suicide bomber during Veterans Day run get BOOED by American Airlines first class for delaying flight on way to pick up their dead son's body

The grieving father of a well-decorated Army soldier killed in Afghanistan says his family was booed by first class passengers for delaying a flight to meet his son's remains.

Sgt. John Perry, 30, died on Saturday at Bagram Airfield when he stopped a suicide bomber from reaching his target, a soldiers' 5K Veterans Day run to benefit disabled veterans.

His father, Stewart Perry, says his son, who was a combat instructor, and the others who died are heroes, as they may have saved more than 100 people's lives by stopping the bomber from reaching his target.

The father, who is a Marine veteran, said he and his wife, Kathy and daughter, Anita, were flying on an American Airlines flight from Sacramento to Philadelphia with a quick transfer in Phoenix on Monday, The Record reported. From Philadelphia they traveled to Dover Air Force Base in Delaware to receive his son's remains.

Perry said the family's flight to Phoenix was 45 minutes late and the crew on-board feared the delay may cause them to miss their connecting flight and miss their son's arrival at Dover.

Once the plane landed in Phoenix, the captain made an announcement for everyone to stay seated and to let 'a special military family' exit the aircraft first.

The heartbroken father said that several passengers seated in first class booed and complained.

'Some people were saying 'This is just baloney,' and 'I paid for first-class for this?'' Perry told the newspaper.

'It was just disgusting behavior from people in first class; it was terrible to see.

'You could see the disappointment from the flight crew.'

He said American Airlines 'did everything they could' to accommodate his family.
    rest - plus video and photos - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-son-home.html

What is WRONG with people anymore. So many just think of themselves ONLY!!!!!

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information