Page 57 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast

Thread: The Military Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Bronco View Post
    Its been a bit more common for us MI guys then it is for others. We have an E4 CPL who has been in 14 years. I don't understand why he hasn't RCPed yet but he will soon.
    That's crazy fast. I made Gunny in 11 years and believe me I heard all about how fast that was from everyone I knew, typical was 13-15.

On that Corporal, how has he not been kicked out? My understanding of service limitations is that they're the same for all services. An E-4 shouldn't be allowed more than 8 years service.
    I don't really know but I think it has something to do with his MOS going away. He had a special situation that he explained but I forgot.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    The new HYT stuff has E4 hitting HYT at eight but even before then it was 12.

I will test for E7 in 2015. I'll be at 11 years. I should make it by 13. The AF and their slow promotion stuff pisses me off.
    Interesting, for us E-4 has been 8 year service limits as long as I've been in. Our change was E-5 only gets ten, used to be 13.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Am I crazy or did AFN change their name? During the Saints game I just saw them advertised as American Forces Network. Didn't it used to be the Armed Forces Network?

The new HYT stuff has E4 hitting HYT at eight but even before then it was 12.

I will test for E7 in 2015. I'll be at 11 years. I should make it by 13. The AF and their slow promotion stuff pisses me off.
    Interesting, for us E-4 has been 8 year service limits as long as I've been in. Our change was E-5 only gets ten, used to be 13.
    Well they are trying cut down so that is just one method. They also started to QMP soldiers out. I know of 2 E-7 's who got cut in the board. They are out processing now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

E5 for us is 15 years, E6 is 20, E7 is 22, E8 is 26, and E9 is 30.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Am I crazy or did AFN change their name? During the Saints game I just saw them advertised as American Forces Network. Didn't it used to be the Armed Forces Network?
    Yes it was Armed Forces Network. Weird.

7. The Following User High Fived Army Bronco For This Post:

Yes it is. But it's still slower than the Army and Marines. Don't know about the Navy.
    I think the Navy is pretty quick up to E-7 and after that it slows down a bit, but I'm not positive. If I remember correctly, when I was in the average time in service to reach certain ranks in the AF was 7 years for E-5, 12 for E-6, and I believe 17 for E-7.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I think the Navy is pretty quick up to E-7 and after that it slows down a bit, but I'm not positive. If I remember correctly, when I was in the average time in service to reach certain ranks in the AF was 7 years for E-5, 12 for E-6, and I believe 17 for E-7.
    I made E5 in four and E6 in right. I should have E7 on in 12.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Ranks in the military changed a bit after 9-11, at least in the Army. Even our NCO academies. Before you lost your rank if you did not attend the respective academy according to rank. Now you just need that academy to promote to the next rank. For example, when I boarded for E5 back in 03, I also attended PLDC for a month. If I failed or did not get in to the course for failing a PT test I would not make E5. I would have to be boarded again. Now you would need to attend the academy to make E6.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Your PME sounds like ours. Once we make E5 we have to go to Airman Leadership School. When we are an E6 or selected for E7 we go to the NCO Academy. Then when you get selected for E8 you go to the SNCO academy. PME is a joke if you ask me

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Your PME sounds like ours. Once we make E5 we have to go to Airman Leadership School. When we are an E6 or selected for E7 we go to the NCO Academy. Then when you get selected for E8 you go to the SNCO academy. PME is a joke if you ask me
    Ours is as AB describes, you must complete PME to be eligible for the next rank.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Ours is as AB describes, you must complete PME to be eligible for the next rank.
    That's basically how it is for us. You have to complete ALS to put E5 on, NCOA to put E7 on, and SNCOA for E8.

15. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

It just changed. There was story in the early bird about it.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

17. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    It just changed. There was story in the early bird about it.
    How did I miss that? I'm religious about reading the early bird daily.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

How did I miss that? I'm religious about reading the early bird daily.
    Maybe it was our command e-bird version.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information