Thread: NFL Films' Steve Sabol to begin treatment for brain tumor

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default NFL Films' Steve Sabol to begin treatment for brain tumor

NFL Films president Steve Sabol has been diagnosed with a primary tumor on the left side of his brain. Sabol, 68, was hospitalized after suffering a seizure nearly two weeks ago in Kansas City. Extensive tests afterward led to the diagnosis.

He soon will begin radiation and chemotherapy treatment.

Steve's father, Ed, is the founder of NFL Films and last month was selected as a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2011.

Steve Sabol has been with NFL Films since 1964, when he began working for his father as a cinematographer. In that time, he has received 27 Emmy Awards for writing, cinematography, editing, directing and producing.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Thoughts and prayers are with Steve. He and his father has built such an empire for us NFL fans!
    April Showers and Easter!

3. The Following User High Fived JPPT1974 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I remember hearing he collapsed but did not hear about the tumor. If he's getting radiation and chemo, they must have concluded the tumor is cancerous. Hopefully, he can beat this and live out the rest of his life normally. Kind of hard to imagine he's 68. I guess I watch too many old NFL Films shows.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Wow, thoughts and prayers for Steve.

Incredibly, this may be very treatable. My Dad actually had two brain tumors, which also caused seizures, but they were able to do what they called radiation surgery or something, but they mapped his brain, then built a mask for him that would bolt him motionless to a table for the radiation surgery. Most of the sessions were to do radiation throughout the whole brain to kill any rogue cells, then there were a couple sessions where they just totally bombarded the actual tumors with the radiation. Dad's tumors were literally obliterated into harmless cells that were reabsorbed into his body. Unfortunately his lung cancer still claimed him, but I was totally amazed that his brain tumors simply disappeared after treatment. Hopefully Steve's isn't one with a lot of fingers, which I guess makes treatment more difficult.

Prayers to Steve.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information