Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nflpa asks 2011 draft class to boycott draft

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Nflpa asks 2011 draft class to boycott draft

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived arapaho2 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

**** the players. At the end of the day they are replaceable and in no way entitled to their exorbitant salaries.

I don't want to see a work stoppage more than anyone else. But part of me would love to see the owners bring in replacement players and tell the NFLPA to shove it.

4. The Following 6 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

So, a union that no longer exists is trying to bully non-union members into a boycott? Classic...

This is like College Professors who are boycotting a university telling their students not to attend their graduation ceremony...

Good luck with that you clowns. Demaurice Smith should die of Gonorrhea and rot in Hell.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

6. The Following 6 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    So, a union that no longer exists is trying to bully non-union members into a boycott? Classic...

This is like College Professors who are boycotting a university telling their students not to attend their graduation ceremony...

Good luck with that you clowns. Demaurice Smith should die of Gonorrhea and rot in Hell.
    Its not like that. College graduates would be leaving their professors. Draft picks would become new union members.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent of Orange View Post
    Its not like that. College graduates would be leaving their professors. Draft picks would become new union members.
    Not if there is no union.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoStud For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStud View Post
    Not if there is no union.
    Nevertheless, its still a flawed analogy.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Agent of Orange View Post
    Okay fine, it's like the alumni of the school asking them. Either way it's one of the biggest days of their lives and the union* wants them to not participate because they can't behave like grownups?

If I was one of those guys, I'd tell the union* to suck it...

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

12. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Okay fine, it's like the alumni of the school asking them. Either way it's one of the biggest days of their lives and the union* wants them to not participate because they can't behave like grownups?

If I was one of those guys, I'd tell the union* to suck it...
    Better answer....

You're so smart, we're so dumb. Bow down to thy superior ego.

14. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    **** the players. At the end of the day they are replaceable and in no way entitled to their exorbitant salaries.

I don't want to see a work stoppage more than anyone else. But part of me would love to see the owners bring in replacement players and tell the NFLPA to shove it.
    Yep, I'd watch football if the Broncos were a bunch of replacements. I root for the name on the front of the jersey first. It's not like the Broncos would have a team of scrubs and everyone else would have their starting rosters. If all teams were scrub players, there would still be competition.

Shit, as far as I'm concerned, all the teams should cancel all the current players' contracts and hold open tryouts for anyone who wants to play. Start everyone off at league minimum with escalators for performance. If the guys that are currently playing don't want to play, f-them. I'd bet there are plenty of arena league, CFL, UFL, and out of work pros who'd love a shot at making league minimum (around $450 K/year) playing football.

How cool would it be just to press a big reset button and just have every team start over with nobodies? It would be awesome, IMO.

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

We need there to be SCABS coming in and replacing the existing greedy phucks. The last time that happened Joe Montanta had enough and crosse the picket line and started playing, then the rest followed.

I don't care if it is a bunch of unknowns playing I just want football. The current players and DeMaurice Smith can screw off.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoStud For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStud View Post
    We need there to be SCABS coming in and replacing the existing greedy phucks. The last time that happened Joe Montanta had enough and crosse the picket line and started playing, then the rest followed.

I don't care if it is a bunch of unknowns playing I just want football. The current players and DeMaurice Smith can screw off.
    What part about a LOCKOUT do you not understand? This is the OWNERS preventing the players from coming to work, not the players withholding their services for higher pay. The players ARE NOT on strike. The players are LOCKED OUT, unable to enter team facilities. Please read into the situation! Blame can be heaped onto the players no doubt, but to blame the players for not coming to work and call for scabs indicates a huge misunderstanding of the situation on your part.

In fact, the whole reason the player's union decertified was to get an injunction against the owners locking them out in the first place.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    What part about a LOCKOUT do you not understand? This is the OWNERS preventing the players from coming to work, not the players withholding their services for higher pay. The players ARE NOT on strike. The players are LOCKED OUT, unable to enter team facilities. Please read into the situation! Blame can be heaped onto the players no doubt, but to blame the players for not coming to work and call for scabs indicates a huge misunderstanding of the situation on your part.

In fact, the whole reason the player's union decertified was to get an injunction against the owners locking them out in the first place.
    I have read that on here before; however, the union decertified first, and then the owners locked them out, so, therefore, the decertification did NOT stop a lockout. So, there must have been another reason that the players decertified.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Yep, I'd watch football if the Broncos were a bunch of replacements. I root for the name on the front of the jersey first. It's not like the Broncos would have a team of scrubs and everyone else would have their starting rosters. If all teams were scrub players, there would still be competition.

Shit, as far as I'm concerned, all the teams should cancel all the current players' contracts and hold open tryouts for anyone who wants to play. Start everyone off at league minimum with escalators for performance. If the guys that are currently playing don't want to play, f-them. I'd bet there are plenty of arena league, CFL, UFL, and out of work pros who'd love a shot at making league minimum (around $450 K/year) playing football.

How cool would it be just to press a big reset button and just have every team start over with nobodies? It would be awesome, IMO.
    exactly....the owners could band together and say...we agree together...we will not sign any former players whatso ever ... that all contracts stay ....meaning ...if manning decides to come back...the browns cant grab him...he must go to the colts and they work out his salary

that the max salary would 5 mill per year in the new league..hey if these guys wanna stay back with demorice smith and earn nothing...so be it...you wanna earn between 450k and 5 mill go back in

the world is full of players...i would watch regardless if the players were the new rookies, unsigned players, ufl players, cfl players

Yeah and I just hope they sign some dude to play WR with the name Walker and he wears 84... that way I can wear my old jersey thats collecting dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

23. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Yeah and I just hope they sign some dude to play WR with the name Walker and he wears 84... that way I can wear my old jersey thats collecting dust.
    Yeah bro, I got one, too. The second he became a Raider I cut the name plate off the back. Now I just have a #84 jersey with no name. I like to think of it as a old Sharpe or a Lloyd jersey after this year...

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information