Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nflpa asks 2011 draft class to boycott draft

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    So they are trying to tell players who have already come out to be drafted not to go. Keeping in mind these guys have not gotten any money yet and would be losing out from the word go. I mean, is Pay-me-a-ton going to pay these youngs guys a salary while they wait for both sides to get their shit together? Then on top of that, exactly which network are these guys going to put the rookies on? Im starting to be convinced that the NFLPA is full of morons. Oh wait, they dont exist so its not relevant. lmao
    Well, you also neglected to mention that the NFLPA is probably going to agree to a rookie wage scale on top of what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Yep, I'd watch football if the Broncos were a bunch of replacements. I root for the name on the front of the jersey first. It's not like the Broncos would have a team of scrubs and everyone else would have their starting rosters. If all teams were scrub players, there would still be competition.

Shit, as far as I'm concerned, all the teams should cancel all the current players' contracts and hold open tryouts for anyone who wants to play. Start everyone off at league minimum with escalators for performance. If the guys that are currently playing don't want to play, f-them. I'd bet there are plenty of arena league, CFL, UFL, and out of work pros who'd love a shot at making league minimum (around $450 K/year) playing football.

How cool would it be just to press a big reset button and just have every team start over with nobodies? It would be awesome, IMO.
    exactly....the owners could band together and say...we agree together...we will not sign any former players whatso ever ... that all contracts stay ....meaning ...if manning decides to come back...the browns cant grab him...he must go to the colts and they work out his salary

that the max salary would 5 mill per year in the new league..hey if these guys wanna stay back with demorice smith and earn nothing...so be it...you wanna earn between 450k and 5 mill go back in

the world is full of players...i would watch regardless if the players were the new rookies, unsigned players, ufl players, cfl players

Quote Originally Posted by Agent of Orange View Post
    Well, you also neglected to mention that the NFLPA is probably going to agree to a rookie wage scale on top of what you said.
    Look at me...look at me....I'm smarter than you.....neeeeener neeeeener.

Seriously, all of your posts come off like this.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I bet all the players that are financially smart are probably thinking about which golf courses and tropical islands they're gonna be visiting this year while all of the rest of the not-so-responsible ones are probably looking for employment so they can pay child support and for their 26" wheels.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I just feel bad for Travis Henry and his 9 kids. If he doesnt get more money he may to resort to criminal behavior......wait....

8. The Following 6 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I just feel bad for Travis Henry and his 9 kids. If he doesnt get more money he may to resort to criminal behavior......wait....

Uhmmmm
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Yep, I'd watch football if the Broncos were a bunch of replacements. I root for the name on the front of the jersey first. It's not like the Broncos would have a team of scrubs and everyone else would have their starting rosters. If all teams were scrub players, there would still be competition.

Shit, as far as I'm concerned, all the teams should cancel all the current players' contracts and hold open tryouts for anyone who wants to play. Start everyone off at league minimum with escalators for performance. If the guys that are currently playing don't want to play, f-them. I'd bet there are plenty of arena league, CFL, UFL, and out of work pros who'd love a shot at making league minimum (around $450 K/year) playing football.

How cool would it be just to press a big reset button and just have every team start over with nobodies? It would be awesome, IMO.
    Yeah and I just hope they sign some dude to play WR with the name Walker and he wears 84... that way I can wear my old jersey thats collecting dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

11. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    When can players join the NFLPA.....right after they get drafted or right after they declare for the draft?? If the later is the case then some of the draftees may already be union members!

Like an apprenticeship in a labor union(IBEW), at least in my experience, can join the union as soon as they are chosen into the app. and start school!
    Dunno. But you'd think not until they are actually a part of the nfl. Which would mean after they sign a contract.

*Let everybody know that the aforementioned post is PURELY my uninformed opinion, and by NO MEANS is meant to portray I know more than the next guy.*
    Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums
    Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak View Post
    Dunno. But you'd think not until they are actually a part of the nfl. Which would mean after they sign a contract.

*Let everybody know that the aforementioned post is PURELY my uninformed opinion, and by NO MEANS is meant to portray I know more than the next guy.*

really? cause thats the way i took it....

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Yeah and I just hope they sign some dude to play WR with the name Walker and he wears 84... that way I can wear my old jersey thats collecting dust.
    Yeah bro, I got one, too. The second he became a Raider I cut the name plate off the back. Now I just have a #84 jersey with no name. I like to think of it as a old Sharpe or a Lloyd jersey after this year...

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

With the current state of affairs, I don't think the talent dropoff on this team by bringing scabs in would be that great. Perhaps some gems might actually be found in the process.

Let's do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

From what I read, the NFLPA paid the way for the top 15(?) Players/families to go there and wait to be drafted.
    Since there is no longer an NFLPA, maybe they're just trying to make the obvious, less obvious?

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Look at me...look at me....I'm smarter than you.....neeeeener neeeeener.

Seriously, all of your posts come off like this.
    Best watch it there young lady...I got told off/called names for saying pretty much the same thing in a thread last night...
    Last edited by KCL; 03-14-2011 at 07:43 PM.

I am sick of millionaires crying because they can't be richer...
    I pretty much agree with whomever posted to bring in replacements...it could be interesting.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived KCL For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    **** the players. At the end of the day they are replaceable and in no way entitled to their exorbitant salaries.

I don't want to see a work stoppage more than anyone else. But part of me would love to see the owners bring in replacement players and tell the NFLPA to shove it.
    on the other hand, the owners are even more replaceable than the players. Do you, or anyone else, give a rat's behind who signs the cheques?

when hockey went through their thing, there was rumblings about the players starting their own league. NFL players have been making a ton more dough the past while than NHL players, so they could do the same.

if the owners re-started the NFL with a bunch of second or third tier scabs, and the NFLPA started a league with all the cream of the crop, which would you watch? Personally, I'm a fan of the Denver Broncos second, and a fan of football first, so I'd go to where the highest quality football is.

bottom line, people need to stop swallowing what EITHER side is shoving down their throats. Both sides are lying ******** that don't give a single shit about us, the fans. both sides went into this fully expecting the previous CBA to expire with no deal done. Negotiations won't be taken seriously until August, n all likelihood.

don't be such suckers. the owners are lying scumbags, just like the players are. Bot sides just care about getting MORE and neither side deserves our support.
    If not me, who?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information