Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Nflpa asks 2011 draft class to boycott draft

Default Nflpa asks 2011 draft class to boycott draft

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived arapaho2 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

**** the players. At the end of the day they are replaceable and in no way entitled to their exorbitant salaries.

I don't want to see a work stoppage more than anyone else. But part of me would love to see the owners bring in replacement players and tell the NFLPA to shove it.

4. The Following 6 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

So, a union that no longer exists is trying to bully non-union members into a boycott? Classic...

This is like College Professors who are boycotting a university telling their students not to attend their graduation ceremony...

Good luck with that you clowns. Demaurice Smith should die of Gonorrhea and rot in Hell.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

6. The Following 6 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    So, a union that no longer exists is trying to bully non-union members into a boycott? Classic...

This is like College Professors who are boycotting a university telling their students not to attend their graduation ceremony...

Good luck with that you clowns. Demaurice Smith should die of Gonorrhea and rot in Hell.
    Its not like that. College graduates would be leaving their professors. Draft picks would become new union members.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent of Orange View Post
    Its not like that. College graduates would be leaving their professors. Draft picks would become new union members.
    Not if there is no union.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoStud For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    **** the players. At the end of the day they are replaceable and in no way entitled to their exorbitant salaries.

I don't want to see a work stoppage more than anyone else. But part of me would love to see the owners bring in replacement players and tell the NFLPA to shove it.
    Yep, I'd watch football if the Broncos were a bunch of replacements. I root for the name on the front of the jersey first. It's not like the Broncos would have a team of scrubs and everyone else would have their starting rosters. If all teams were scrub players, there would still be competition.

Shit, as far as I'm concerned, all the teams should cancel all the current players' contracts and hold open tryouts for anyone who wants to play. Start everyone off at league minimum with escalators for performance. If the guys that are currently playing don't want to play, f-them. I'd bet there are plenty of arena league, CFL, UFL, and out of work pros who'd love a shot at making league minimum (around $450 K/year) playing football.

How cool would it be just to press a big reset button and just have every team start over with nobodies? It would be awesome, IMO.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

We need there to be SCABS coming in and replacing the existing greedy phucks. The last time that happened Joe Montanta had enough and crosse the picket line and started playing, then the rest followed.

I don't care if it is a bunch of unknowns playing I just want football. The current players and DeMaurice Smith can screw off.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoStud For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStud View Post
    Not if there is no union.
    Nevertheless, its still a flawed analogy.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Agent of Orange View Post
    Okay fine, it's like the alumni of the school asking them. Either way it's one of the biggest days of their lives and the union* wants them to not participate because they can't behave like grownups?

If I was one of those guys, I'd tell the union* to suck it...

16. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Okay fine, it's like the alumni of the school asking them. Either way it's one of the biggest days of their lives and the union* wants them to not participate because they can't behave like grownups?

If I was one of those guys, I'd tell the union* to suck it...
    Better answer....

You're so smart, we're so dumb. Bow down to thy superior ego.

18. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

I was understanding of the player's POV until this.

They want to take EVERYTHING away from the fans in order to further their cause. **** you.

20. The Following 10 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

So they are trying to tell players who have already come out to be drafted not to go. Keeping in mind these guys have not gotten any money yet and would be losing out from the word go. I mean, is Pay-me-a-ton going to pay these youngs guys a salary while they wait for both sides to get their shit together? Then on top of that, exactly which network are these guys going to put the rookies on? Im starting to be convinced that the NFLPA is full of morons. Oh wait, they dont exist so its not relevant. lmao

22. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

When can players join the NFLPA.....right after they get drafted or right after they declare for the draft?? If the later is the case then some of the draftees may already be union members!

Like an apprenticeship in a labor union(IBEW), at least in my experience, can join the union as soon as they are chosen into the app. and start school!

24. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Dirty.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

26. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I was understanding of the player's POV until this.

They want to take EVERYTHING away from the fans in order to further their cause. **** you.
    Word!

28. The Following User High Fived LTC Pain For This Post:

SR

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information