Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Moss to be inactive again today?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Default Moss to be inactive again today?

The team's No. 1 draft choice in 2007, Moss has been inactive for two of the Broncos' four games this season, and NFL Sirius Radio has already reported he will be inactive today against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Don't know how reliable Sirius Radio is. But, again inactive? Amazing.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

2. The Following User High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

That's all I can say.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Moss better show something soon. If he doesn't start returning some pressure I don't think we'll be worrying about him being active next season, he'll be at home.

Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck

B-u-s-t

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived LRtagger For This Post:

I hope he gets one more year. I really hate to write him off already, but he sure hasn't shown us much.

Watch him go to a team with good defensive coaches and turn in to a sack machine...

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Slick7 View Post
    I hope he gets one more year. I really hate to write him off already, but he sure hasn't shown us much.

Watch him go to a team with good defensive coaches and turn in to a sack machine...
    I'm not ready to write him off yet. This is his first real season with us. He got hurt last year and missed about half of the season. It's rare that a rookie DE, or a DE in his first year do well ala Mario Williams. I don't think that Moss will be anywhere as good as Williams because he just doesn't have the size or strength, but I don't think that he's a bust until he's really getting some playing time and he's gotten to play for more than a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Moss better show something soon. If he doesn't start returning some pressure I don't think we'll be worrying about him being active next season, he'll be at home.
    It's...too late for that, my son.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Broncolingus For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_10639945

It pays well. Everything else about the NFL, though, has been a difficult adjustment for Broncos defensive end Jarvis Moss.

The team's No. 1 draft choice in 2007, Moss has been inactive for two of the Broncos' four games this season, and NFL Sirius Radio has already reported he will be inactive today against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Moss' struggles have not been for a lack of effort. Whatever he has, Moss is giving it.

"That's what I do," he said. "I give effort. I go chase the ball. I think that's a given for me. My performance, it's never as good as you want it to be, but I'm making strides. There's always plays you wish you could get back but you can't. All I can ask of myself is to give it my all."

As the Broncos were entering the 2007 draft, they were turning over the defense to new coordinator Jim Bates, who was about to employ his unique, seven-man box system. That draft correlated with Bates' system. Bates is gone. His system is gone. The draft picks remain.

For different reasons, Moss and second-round draft pick Tim Crowder, another defensive end, have not made the impact expected for players guaranteed to collect a combined $10.1 million. One reason why Moss has one career sack is the fractured right fibula he suffered near his ankle halfway through his rookie season. Nothing figures to hinder a speed rusher more than a serious lower leg injury.

"I try not to think about that anymore," he said. "The ankle is coming around. It's sore from time to time but other than that, it's pretty healthy. I don't like to use it as a crutch or think about it because it might hold me back mentally."

Late hit.

For all it mattered to them, the Broncos would have preferred the 15-yard penalty for roughing the passer. Kansas City Chief defensive end Turk McBride got away with his late hit on Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler during the game last Sunday, but he didn't escape punishment from the league office. McBride was fined $5,000 for clobbering Cutler two steps after the Broncos' quarterback released the ball. For some reason, referee Mike Carey didn't flag the infraction.

Footnotes.

Broncos defensive end Elvis Dumervil, on rebounding from losing last week to the then 0-3 Kansas City Chiefs: "We easily could have jumped out 4-0. Now everybody's back in the hunt (in the AFC West). But it's a 16-round fight. Now we'll check our courage to see how we bounce back from it." . . .

The Bucs giveth and taketh away. Their offense has thrown an NFL-high seven interceptions (six in the last two games by Brian Griese). But their defense is tied for the league lead with eight interceptions.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

that 10.1 mil needs to go elsewhere.

15. The Following 5 Users High Fived jrelway For This Post:

He's inactive again. That doesn't mean he's having a hard time cracking the starting lineup .... he's having a hard time just cracking the rotation as a backup or situational player. They don't see any worth in him playing against the Bucs, that they'd rather use the roster spot on someone else.

I think Shanny tries to shop him around for a draft pick way before the season ends.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived omac For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by omac View Post
    He's inactive again. That doesn't mean he's having a hard time cracking the starting lineup .... he's having a hard time just cracking the rotation as a backup or situational player. They don't see any worth in him playing against the Bucs, that they'd rather use the roster spot on someone else.

I think Shanny tries to shop him around for a draft pick way before the season ends.
    I see him getting cut by the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco View Post
    I see him getting cut by the end of the season.
    His specialty is the pass rush and so far he has shown nothing of note in that regard so far.

He is only what 255 lbs which is too small to play the run and he has said he has given up trying to gain weight.

It sounds to me like he has not yet realized that unless he shows something soon he is gone. For that kind of money, some production is expected.
    RIP Cameron, D, & D

Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck

put him at MLB

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

The guy is a dud. I'd trade him for a 7th rounder at this point IF anybody would be willing and I doubt that would even happen.

I hate to write him off as a bust so early in his career, but damn. He can't even crack the rotation on the d-line. Lets see if we can get anything for him I guess

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information