Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Migraines

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post
    Jr/top, you make a great point. I scheduled an appointment for this afternoon.

grrr....
    Good call. That self-diagnosis shit can literally kill you. We don't want that, and neither do you
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Good call. That self-diagnosis shit can literally kill you. We don't want that, and neither do you
    Grrrrrr.

I hate the doctor. But at least she takes me seriously. Initial diagnosis is who the heck knows. She thinks I've got both chronic tension headaches as well as migraines but we're going to check some things and find out.

I've got to keep a diary (go figure BG7!), of everything I eat and drink, details about the headaches, sleep information and stress level. I am ordered to exercise 3x a week (argh!), and I've got a mild anti-depressant to mess with my serotonin levels. She's pretty sure this is related to my sleep issues (isn't everything?), and between that causing decreased serotonin and the extreme lack of sun here in winter, I agreed to try it for a few weeks. Bad part about that? No alcohol.

She also ordered me to have more fun. I'm just wondering where I fit it in.

*sighs* This is why I never want to go to the doctor. Keep logs of food, exercise, take medications.....CRAP.

Thanks everyone for being concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

4. The Following User High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Cheese, I was going to say that Crown is probably the remedy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Cheese, I was going to say that Crown is probably the remedy.
    If only Crown finished all my work for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Grrrrrr.

I hate the doctor. But at least she takes me seriously. Initial diagnosis is who the heck knows. She thinks I've got both chronic tension headaches as well as migraines but we're going to check some things and find out.

I've got to keep a diary (go figure BG7!), of everything I eat and drink, details about the headaches, sleep information and stress level. I am ordered to exercise 3x a week (argh!), and I've got a mild anti-depressant to mess with my serotonin levels. She's pretty sure this is related to my sleep issues (isn't everything?), and between that causing decreased serotonin and the extreme lack of sun here in winter, I agreed to try it for a few weeks. Bad part about that? No alcohol.

*sighs* This is why I never want to go to the doctor. Keep logs of food, exercise, take medications.....CRAP.

I had a female doctor. That didn't last long.

I didn't mind turning my head and coughing, but she couldn't keep her hands to herself . . .

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

8. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post

I didn't mind turning my head and coughing, but she couldn't keep her hands to herself . . .

-----
    Must have been one hell of a dream top...

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post

-----
    "hands" or digits?

(Don't go there, kc)
    Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Grrrrrr.

Hey Frau, sorry to hear about your migraines. I agree with your doc about paying attn to what your eating and drinking. There is quite a bit of info indicating that things like aspartame can bring on migraines. Another possibility is gluten sensitivity.

More info on certain vitamins helping to control migraines. (b-complex 100 and 1000 mg vit c will get rid of hangovers as an example )

Perhaps what your body is trying to say is, it's missing something in your diet that it needs (vitamin / mineral)? Or like the articles about aspertame and gluten sensitivity say, what we are eating / drinking can have a negative effect on us.

What ever it is, I hope you can get it under control quickly.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I bet Cheese is just allergic to the off season.

13. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Jr/top, you make a great point. I scheduled an appointment for this afternoon.

grrr....
    You really should because of the frequency. I was going to say something snotty like "Ask Terrell Davis. He's not doing anything now..."

But my cousin lived a very healthy life for over 60 years. I never knew her to have so much as a head cold. Over Christmas, she began feeling back aches and head aches so she flew home to see a doctor. To make a long story short, she has an inoperable lung cancer that has already spread all over her body. She's getting chemo *and* radiation treatments and is now very weak from the treatments.

My point is don't hold off getting checked out when you have recurring problems. God forbid that it is anything at all like what my cousin has but you never know until a professional checks it out. A lot of times, doctors can't spot a problem and will just treat the symptoms but sometimes they find something like hypertension that is easy to treat with medication and a modified diet.

I went to see a doctor once and had to fill out their lengthy questionnaire (note that they will ask for your age and your DOB, like they can't tell one from the other) and one question asked if there was anything that raised my blood pressure. I replied "doctor visits". So, yeah, I hate them too but they have been useful. Hope it is good news.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

15. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rapey Lonnie

I hear migraines are caused by to much sex in the pooper just keep the pooper closed and you will be ok. Dr. Foo

By the way I am migraine free and my ass is tight enough to crack walnuts.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Hey Frau, I hate to ask this, but are you on the pill?

When my wife was on the Pill she would get some pretty bad migranes. So bad that she would be sensitive to the light from the smoke alarm.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

I had migraines after my last kid. I had to stop breastfeeding so I could take the "triptans."

Sorry you have headaches, Cheese. I've had a constant one for about 2 weeks, but mine is due to stress/sinuses.

MSG used to give me horrid headaches. Thankfully, most Asian food doesn't have MSG in it anymore. A lot of packaged foods do, so I have to watch how much I eat of that.

Here's hoping you find out soon what the pattern is, so you can stop the diary of everything. That has got to be obnoxious.
    This space available for lease.

I had migraines bad as a kid. Totally debilitating. They suck, sorry to hear you are stuggling with them. I guess i just grew out of it or something because I haven’t had one since I was about 17. My only advice is to drink more water.

And maybe some herb…..its from da erf.

Grrrrrr.

I used to get stress headaches a lot that I believed to be migraines, also with sinus problems they put me in bed for a couple of days at a time.

Once I left the job and moved those issues went away.

Now that is probably not available to most folks but life choices are hard to make at times.

I guess that is why I relate to Jake and his walking away from millions to lead a stress free life.

HOpe your feeling better, sometimes KNOWING that there is not a TUMOR up there helps to make life easier..

I suspect your going to a doctor is like me going to a dentist, I did not go for about 25 years (always had good teeth). When I finally went I still had no cavities, but wound up getting wisdom teeth removed, Something else that was causing stress.

Good luck with the no drinks, I gave that up decades ago also and frankly figured out I did not need it to have a good time.. Have not missed getting drunk now for going on 35 years.

Does not mean I do not have an occasional glass of something, but if you have not guessed I have very few inhibitions to worry about.

Pretty happy with my life.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information