Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: This is what WILL happen in the draft

Default This is what WILL happen in the draft

We are going to go with the best Defender at #2. We will draft a POUNDING type RB in the 3rd if not sooner. Orton will end up winning the QB job. As much as I love Tebow he will NOT get a fair shake because he's mcd's boy. The Broncos will return to a respectable 7-9 if there is a season next year. The defense and running game will be much improved and Elway will realize we need a QB to get to the next level after next year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rapey Lonnie

What a gay thread and isn't Orton McD's boy as well? Maybe more so since he was the starter.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

If Orton wins the QB job... Then Tebow was a wasted pick. Then we need to look at positioning ourselves next year to get Luck.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

4. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Denver should trade down.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

To some extent, I agree. Fox is a defense-and-running coach so we are going to need a workhorse running back and a defensive upgrade, both of which I think will be Fox's highest priorities. Orton is a caretaker QB whom Fox might trust more to run an offense while he makes transitions than he might Tebow. 7-9 sounds a bit optimistic but doable.

And, yes, to get to the next level, we will need to find someone at least as competent as Jake Delhomme was at his best. Hopefully, better.

Andrew Luck will likely be out of reach unless we trade up to get him which I would not recommend since we have so many other needs that should be addressed.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Barrel Man

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    If Orton wins the QB job... Then Tebow was a wasted pick. Then we need to look at positioning ourselves next year to get Luck.
    I guess Rodgers and Rivers were wasted picks too because they didn't win the starting job in their second season. Yes I know Favre and Brees are better than Orton, but my point is some QB's take longer than one season to be fully ready.
    We all knew this when Tebow was drafted. We knew he might take a few seasons to be ready. That does not make it a wasted pick.

8. The Following 6 Users High Fived broncobryce For This Post:

Tebow will be starter in the first game of the season.

10. The Following User High Fived Montana Battlin Bear For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by broncobryce View Post
    I guess Rodgers and Rivers were wasted picks too because they didn't win the starting job in their second season. Yes I know Favre and Brees are better than Orton, but my point is some QB's take longer than one season to be fully ready.
    We all knew this when Tebow was drafted. We knew he might take a few seasons to be ready. That does not make it a wasted pick.
    I think you have it backwards. Everyone Knew Rivers and Rodgers were going to sit.

When you are drafted and Orton is the starter, you are expected to beat him out.

Orton is a shit stain on the history of the NFL. Brees, Rodgers, Favre (hate him) are possible HOF/SB winning QB's.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I think you have it backwards. Everyone Knew Rivers and Rodgers were going to sit.

When you are drafted and Orton is the starter, you are expected to beat him out.

Orton is a shit stain on the history of the NFL. Brees, Rodgers, Favre (hate him) are possible HOF/SB winning QB's.
    I agree with a lot of what you're saying here Clay, especially Orton being a shit stain , but you have to remember that the vast majority of people felt Tebow was going to be at least a two year project. I believe even McDumbshitvondikhead looked at Tebow as a two year project. That is why he refused to put him in even when it was painfully obvious to the rest of the world that "Shit Stain" needed to sit. It's also the reason McDumbshitvondikhead gave "Shit Stain" a 1 year extension.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Montana Battlin Bear View Post
    Tebow will be starter in the first game of the season.
    I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope you're right

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I agree with a lot of what you're saying here Clay, especially Orton being a shit stain , but you have to remember that the vast majority of people felt Tebow was going to be at least a two year project. I believe even McDumbshitvondikhead looked at Tebow as a two year project. That is why he refused to put him in even when it was painfully obvious to the rest of the world that "Shit Stain" needed to sit. It's also the reason McDumbshitvondikhead gave "Shit Stain" a 1 year extension.
    I thought McD wanted him to beat out Orton In trainingcamp, but he couldnt and McD wa forced to give Orton the contract extension. ???

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Definitely agree. At this point if Tebow cant win the job after sitting for a while, playing some live games, and then the offseason than he may never be ready and may never be a starting QB. Its not like he is pitted against Peyton Manning here.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by broncobryce View Post
    but my point is some QB's take longer than one season to be fully ready.
    Except for those guys it was never about not "being ready". It was because they sat behind QB's who were either future Hall of Famers or playing extremely well.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TiminatorTebow View Post
    I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope you're right
    Me Too.

One thing that people are forgetting about this topic is that Fox loved Tebow in the draft. He has stated many times he would have taken him with their second pick last year but to his dismay he didn't fall that far

Adopted Bronco:
    Barrel Man

Everyone knew Tebow was going to sit at least one season, maybe two. If you didn't, you must not ready any football news, ever.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information