Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Baseball Playoff Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Default The Baseball Playoff Thread

One game tonight. Rather see the Twins than the White Sox, but the White Sox don't lose much at home.

Kind of a crap deal they are playing at home....but the rules are the rules. For those who don't know, its decided on a coin flip in mid-September.

P.S. Blackburn vs. Danks.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

This will be quiet without the Rockies bandwagon this season.
    2012: The Year that Mo Got Laid

3. The Following User High Fived Rex For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by cswil View Post
    This will be quiet without the Rockies bandwagon this season.
    I imagine so...I will be watching every game I can...

Big 12 conference play starts Saturday, though...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

I'll be pulling for my Cubbies, but expect to get my heart broken again.

My main worries are the consistency of the offense (will it get shut down by good pitching in the playoffs) and shaky play by Kerry Wood as the closer. Think the starting pitching is good enough to win it all, but worried about the rest.

It would be cool to win 100 years since their last WS title.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    I'll be pulling for my Cubbies, but expect to get my heart broken again.

My main worries are the consistency of the offense (will it get shut down by good pitching in the playoffs) and shaky play by Kerry Wood as the closer. Think the starting pitching is good enough to win it all, but worried about the rest.

It would be cool to win 100 years since their last WS title.
    Lowe, Billingsley, Kuroda...to start.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Id like to see the Angels win another WS. I wouldnt be heart-broken if the Cubs win it all.
    Of course a freeway series (LA) wouldnt be bad just as long as we sweep the Dodgers.

Go Cubs.
    2012: The Year that Mo Got Laid

Go Dodgers!

Screw the 100 years and all that garbage. If the Cubs win, what will they or their fans have to complain about? I'm sure if the Dodgers beat them, everyone will blame this exit of the playoffs on something in LA. The "Curse of the Man-Ram" or "The curse of the LA traffic".

Usually, pitching wins out in the playoffs. Coincidentally, the Dodgers have the best staff in the NL. Going by ERA that is. Lowe's been on fire, Billingsley's been great, we got Saito back, Broxton is better as a set-up man, and Beimel hasn't cut his hand on a beer bottle. The only thing that sucks is we're going to be without Kuo for this series.

Anyway, we got Manny and we're playing the f'in Cubs. Underdogs or not, the Dodgers shoud win this series.

12. The Following User High Fived In-com-plete For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by horsesense View Post
    Id like to see the Angels win another WS. I wouldnt be heart-broken if the Cubs win it all.
    Of course a freeway series (LA) wouldnt be bad just as long as we sweep the Dodgers.
    lol sweep the Dodgers. You gotta get there first

same with us too

14. The Following User High Fived Medford Bronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Let's get it on!

16. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

I want to see Minnesota beat the White Sox tonight. God, I hate the White Sox.

"Put it on the board, yessssss..." - God, I hate that HR call.

18. The Following User High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    I want to see Minnesota beat the White Sox tonight. God, I hate the White Sox.

"Put it on the board, yessssss..." - God, I hate that HR call.
    The "Be Gone" after strikeouts is worse...imo...

20. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I don't care for either team much but I HATE Chicago and Ozzie's loud mouth. So I'm pulling for the Twins.

But I mainly just rooting for a good game. Kind of like last years Rockies/Padres game. That was 1 of my favorite games I've watched. I hope this game isn't a boring one.

And to win it all I'm going for the Brewers.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
    I don't care for either team much but I HATE Chicago and Ozzie's loud mouth. So I'm pulling for the Twins.

But I mainly just rooting for a good game. Kind of like last years Rockies/Padres game. That was 1 of my favorite games I've watched. I hope this game isn't a boring one.

And to win it all I'm going for the Brewers.
    I definitely agree. I don't have a rooting interest this year in this game, but as a Royals fan, I'd rather see the Twins in there than the White Sox. Guillen and Pierzynski are both classless individuals...imo...and the Twins show nothing but class.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go Brewers! First time in the playoffs since I've been alive. Lord knows after Sabathia and Sheets leave we won't be seeing the postseason for a while again...
    "You do not mess with Pat Bowlen, and you definitely do not ignore him''

Link to quote

25. The Following User High Fived studbucket For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information