Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Baseball Playoff Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Yeah, I will be pulling for the Cubs too. I was a Cubs fan growing up (before Colorado had professional baseball).
    I was a Cubs fan growing up in NM because we had WGN. When you start watching a team in the mid 80's it sticks with you.

Adopted Bronco:

I predict the Dodgers win the first 2 games. Lowe has been pitching insane for LA lately and Zambrano has been horrible. Chicago takes game 3...and the rest is up for grabs.

Philly is my team until they get knocked out. Gotta go with the hometown team

3. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I predict the Dodgers win the first 2 games. Lowe has been pitching insane for LA lately and Zambrano has been horrible. Chicago takes game 3...and the rest is up for grabs.

Philly is my team until they get knocked out. Gotta go with the hometown team
    Holy cow Coach! It's like you read my mind.

Lowe's been on fire the past month or so, plus he's completely dominated the Cubs this year. Actually, he's pitched very well against the Cubs since he came to LA.

Billingsley hasn't been as great as Lowe this past month, but he's still pitched extremely well. He'll be facing . . . . "Z". Who, is either going to be great or awful. It's completely unknown.

Games one and two should go to LA and game three, like you said, is up for grabs.

5. The Following User High Fived In-com-plete For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by In-com-plete View Post
    Holy cow Coach! It's like you read my mind.

Lowe's been on fire the past month or so, plus he's completely dominated the Cubs this year. Actually, he's pitched very well against the Cubs since he came to LA.

Billingsley hasn't been as great as Lowe this past month, but he's still pitched extremely well. He'll be facing . . . . "Z". Who, is either going to be great or awful. It's completely unknown.

Games one and two should go to LA and game three, like you said, is up for grabs.

Zambrano is just such a head case that if they are down 1-0 and he isnt pitching well, he will fall apart. Could be another disappointment for Cubs fans.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Here Billy Goat, where are you....Come out from where ever you are...

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Benetto For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Grand SLAM BABY!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Cubs kicking me in the balls again.

Dempster pitches good all season, gets into the playoffs and has control issues. WTF!

Now they have to win 3 of 4, great.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    Cubs kicking me in the balls again.

Dempster pitches good all season, gets into the playoffs and has control issues. WTF!

Now they have to win 3 of 4, great.
    Yeah, but it is game one. Don't panic. Although the Cubs are going to have to pitch deep into games, because so far this bullpen sucks.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Is Manny the greatest hitter ever?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Yeah, but it is game one. Don't panic. Although the Cubs are going to have to pitch deep into games, because so far this bullpen sucks.
    Their middle inning relief sucks.

Good in late innings, good starting pitching (usually), scary in the middle.

Big Z better be lights out tomorrow or series is over.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Is Manny the greatest hitter ever?
    From what I hear it's Ted Williams. Manny is awesome though. Too bad he's a head case.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

From what I hear it's Ted Williams. Manny is awesome though. Too bad he's a head case.
    Everything I've ever heard about him behind the scenes, though, says he's the hardest worker in baseball...

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Everything I've ever heard about him behind the scenes, though, says he's the hardest worker in baseball...
    Especially when he is making a call on his cell phone in the outfield by the Green Monster.

I don't buy it, he may work hard on his hitting, but he is still pudgy and can't play the outfield worth a shit. So he isn't working that hard.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Especially when he is making a call on his cell phone in the outfield by the Green Monster.

I don't buy it, he may work hard on his hitting, but he is still pudgy and can't play the outfield worth a shit. So he isn't working that hard.
    He hit, .396 with 17 HRs and 53 RBI in 53 games with the Dodgers, at the age of 36...I don't give a shit if he couldn't catch a fly ball hit right at him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The Dodgers bring in Maddox!

I was too busy fighting with Frau to realize it...wow...

19. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information