View Poll Results: What do we need to select with our 1st rd draft pick?

Voters
20. This poll is closed
  • DT

11 55.00%
  • LB

3 15.00%
  • S

3 15.00%
  • OL

3 15.00%
  • Special Teams

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What do we need to select with our 1st Rd pick?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    I agreee we will keep a couple even if we get a super stud via FA or the draft. They seemd to have been like a lot more than warren or the other guy from STL.
    What Im proposing would leave us with Thomas, Adams, Rookie 1, and Rookie 2.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

too early to say. . . right now our most glaring need is obviously DT, but a lot can change between now and next april-- it will depend on how free agency plays out, and even more on who's available. . . and i don't want to see us reach for a guy based solely on positional need-- that's what has screwed us in the past, and resulted in taking guys like lily and terry pierce. . . in an ideal world i'd say probably grab a proven run-stopper in free agency, a stud LB in the first round, and a DT or OT in the second. . . but it depends on who's there, and a lot may depend on the development of marcus thomas as well. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

When need an elite prospect at T.

I would definitley take a T.

Adopted Bronco:
    #27 Steve Atwater

We can make do with OLINE IMO. We have lived forever with second tier oline guys because of our scheme unless we are gonna change that and go to a drop back pocket passing and massive Oline guys we can get these second tier guys in rounds 3-7.

If we want to win we have to be able to stop the running game and with the existing DL it appears that is gonna be unlikely.

I say with our top 5 pick this year we grab one of the really biggie DT's. There should still be one available there.
    That is what has killed us the last few years. I am sorry but matt lepsis does not even hold a candle to Zimmerman. not even tony jones. Im sorry but i dissaggree, that is fine we got good depth from the later rounds but what we need is a superstar lineman, the position needs to be addressed early. specially with alot of teams switching to the ZBS.

We need DT but i am not really impressed with the tackles in the first round. and no i dont want another Marcus Thomas type. his skill set is one thing. why change a players skill set. that is like asking ashle leilie to become a possession reciever. Sometimes it just blows up in your face. From what i have seen of thomas so far i am underwhelmed other than the fact that he had a great INT.

I dont know where we draft this year not even gonna speculate. but i will tell you what ever we do it better be a impact player. not a player that needs a couple years to develope into the player we want.

At this point i like the Tackles in this draft.and i like the LB's we need a T, MLB, DT. I think we can address Safety in FA, or in the later rounds. i am not impressed with alot of the safties this year. We also need more special teams help. but with this team close on alot of there players how many late rounders are gonna make it.
    Last edited by broncosinindy; 09-25-2007 at 05:05 AM.

We can make do with OLINE IMO. We have lived forever with second tier oline guys because of our scheme unless we are gonna change that and go to a drop back pocket passing and massive Oline guys we can get these second tier guys in rounds 3-7.

If we want to win we have to be able to stop the running game and with the existing DL it appears that is gonna be unlikely.

I say with our top 5 pick this year we grab one of the really biggie DT's. There should still be one available there.
    Yes but the offensive line is not doing well AT ALL this year. Cutler sprained his anke against the Jags because of poor pass protection. Cutler shouldn't be under so much pressure to throw, it is not fair.

As I keep saying, we ARE going to take some years off of his Football career at this rate.

We need to bring in a top prospect offensive lineman in the 1st/2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco View Post
    When need an elite prospect at T.

I would definitley take a T.
    Unless Jr is right in his prediction of picking in the top 5, the Broncos are not going to get an elite T. At least not a sure thing. The eliste offensive tackles go very early, the others are much less of a sure thing.

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    Unless Jr is right in his prediction of picking in the top 5, the Broncos are not going to get an elite T. At least not a sure thing. The eliste offensive tackles go very early, the others are much less of a sure thing.
    Jake Long, Sam Baker, Gosder Cherilus, Barry Richardson and Ryan Clady are all good 1st round prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by broncosinindy View Post
    That is what has killed us the last few years. I am sorry but matt lepsis does not even hold a candle to Zimmerman. not even tony jones. Im sorry but i dissaggree, that is fine we got good depth from the later rounds but what we need is a superstar lineman, the position needs to be addressed early. specially with alot of teams switching to the ZBS.

We need DT but i am not really impressed with the tackles in the first round. and no i dont want another Marcus Thomas type. his skill set is one thing. why change a players skill set. that is like asking ashle leilie to become a possession reciever. Sometimes it just blows up in your face. From what i have seen of thomas so far i am underwhelmed other than the fact that he had a great INT.

I dont know where we draft this year not even gonna speculate. but i will tell you what ever we do it better be a impact player. not a player that needs a couple years to develope into the player we want.

At this point i like the Tackles in this draft.and i like the LB's we need a T, MLB, DT. I think we can address Safety in FA, or in the later rounds. i am not impressed with alot of the safties this year. We also need more special teams help. but with this team close on alot of there players how many late rounders are gonna make it.
    Lepsis was one of the top LT in the game until his injury last year. Protected Jake's and greasy's blind side better than almost anyone in the NFL.

Now will he return to his quick self that I think is in the air.

BUT fa LT's are in the 4-4.5 mill per year league and up. 30-50 million for a long term contract. This is money that DEN does not have.

I do not follow the college players by position so you may be right on the money at DT. But it is rare that there is not a great DT on the top 15.

Getting a top five pick allows for many senarios besides taking one with it.

Lepsis was one of the top LT in the game until his injury last year. Protected Jake's and greasy's blind side better than almost anyone in the NFL.

BUT fa LT's are in the 4-4.5 mill per year league and up. 30-50 million for a long term contract. This is money that DEN does not have.

I do not follow the college players by position so you may be right on the money at DT. But it is rare that there is not a great DT on the top 15.

I don't think Lepsis will ever return to his normal self, and that's a big problem.

We have rookie Ryan Harris as a future LT prospect. He looks promising, I don't know if he can step up at LT immediately though.

What I really want for us, is to get a guy like D'Brickashaw Ferguson, he came in and stepped up immadiately for the Jets. With the ammount of good T's in this years Draft, it could be possible to find a guy like him outside of the top 10.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco View Post
    Jake Long, Sam Baker, Gosder Cherilus, Barry Richardson and Ryan Clady are all good 1st round prospects.
    No Tony Hills? He is a converted TE for Texas that just had a good game against TCU.

It really depends on where we're drafting and where the value is. Linebacker and the tackle positions would be ideal. You guys will be getting an earful from me as the season progresses and especially in the off-season. It'll be one of those three places. . . guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    It really depends on where we're drafting and where the value is. Linebacker and the tackle positions would be ideal. You guys will be getting an earful from me as the season progresses and especially in the off-season. It'll be one of those three places. . . guaranteed.
    I created a Draft forum in preparation of your Draft analyses.

Adopted Bronco:
    #27 Steve Atwater

yeah most top five picks are looking for that type of money that you were saying we didnt have.

Trade the 5 pick and aquire more...

Adopted Bronco:
    Number 7

I voted for LB... especially if we draft outside the top 15. It's hard to find a great DT in the draft after that. Backers are more plentiful, and you can get by (we have) with a rook at the position almost better there than anywhere else. Just ask Mobley, Gold, DJ, and Wilson. And we could really use some instant impact in the middle tier of the D.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by gobroncsnv View Post
    I voted for LB... especially if we draft outside the top 15. It's hard to find a great DT in the draft after that. Backers are more plentiful, and you can get by (we have) with a rook at the position almost better there than anywhere else. Just ask Mobley, Gold, DJ, and Wilson. And we could really use some instant impact in the middle tier of the D.
    If backers are more plentiful, you dont think we should take a chance on a DT?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information