Thread: 3d hdtv - wow

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Default 3d hdtv - wow

Last week, we did our finances and came up with an extra few thousand dollars after budgeting our expenses...

She wanted a Jacuzzi, and or a down payment on a new car...I wanted the Sony 55" X810 LED 3D HDTV and accessories... We just bought a brand new car 3 years ago, and a Jacuzzi in L.A. heat would not be thaaat great. So I did a little convincing and got my TV .

WOW...The 3D feature friggin blew my mind away...The 3D depth, and picture quality is unreal. Not that much content yet, but Avatar 3D, Alice in Wonderland 3D, and a few PS3 games have kept me on the edge of my seat. Had to borrow Avatar from a friend, because it is only released with 3D Panasonic TVs, until Dec 2011...

Highly recommended for anyone who enjoys watching 3D or 2D movies, and hates having to pay 15.00+ for 3D movie tickets...Don't cheap out though and buy a plasma or 46" or smaller....Save up that little bit extra and get the LED and 50" or bigger. Lots of time to save up. 3D content is still very scarce (and expensive 35.00 per blu-ray)...but its there.

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived Benetto For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Sounds cool! Personally, I get "used" to the 3D in movies after about 20 minutes or so, but I bet it would be cool for some gaming sessions! The next big TV purchase I want to make is the cell TV: http://www.zdnet.com/blog/gadgetrevi...rts-voip/10786

Apparently it can convert 2D to 3D in real time, and comes with a 1 TB Harddrive as well as builit in wifi, Netflix, etc. I bought my Sharp Aquos 2 years ago and todays TVs are already better and cheaper. May wait a bit to purchase such new tech!

4. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

I heard if you wear those glasses long enough you go blind, or get hairy palms or something.....wait that's something else, nevermind.

6. The Following User High Fived sneakers For This Post:

A friend and I went to the local Best Buy to try out a 3D TV. We didn't notice much of a difference at all. Not to mention, the glasses are $150 a pop.

8. The Following User High Fived UrbanBounca For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanBounca View Post
    A friend and I went to the local Best Buy to try out a 3D TV. We didn't notice much of a difference at all. Not to mention, the glasses are $150 a pop.

Didn't notice much of a difference in what? Picture quality, 3d depth compared to theater 3d depth, price, etc???

Because the difference with having 3D ready and not having it in your HDTV is a world of difference...Unless of course you're blind...And yes the glasses are 150 each, unless you're smart enough to wait til they are bundled in a package deal...Or just can flat out afford it.

As for the "didn't notice much of a difference" comment, I am not sure what you are talking about. The 3D effect on my Sony 810X set is comparable to the IMAX experience in 3D...Hardly any ghosting of images, and mind boggling 3D depth and HD quality.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I saw one of those TVs at Best Buy last week and they had Avatar on. It blew my mind...but spending almost $3k on a 42" TV isn't worth it to me. I could afford it, but right now there are more prudent things I'd like to spend my money on...like a new 4Runner.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

11. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

3D is cool, my parents have one. I wouldn't mind having one, but it is LOW on my priority list.

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    3D is cool, my parents have one. I wouldn't mind having one, but it is LOW on my priority list.
    I'm not actually gonna get a new 4Runner, but I would also have to say that the 3D TV is low on my list too. I'm still enamored by LED TVs. I'm gonna keep my old DLP till it shits the bed though.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Same here. Plus you always have to worry about whether the technology will stick. Anyone remember Betamax or Mini Discs?

Even without the 3D, the new LED HDTVs are really slick. So even if you bought one with 3D capabilities, it would still be nice for normal viewing so its a pretty safe investment either way I suppose.

16. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information