Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tennis Elbow

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Default Tennis Elbow

Holy hell. I'm trying to find out if this is what this excruciating pain is i have in my right elbow. I can't straighten out my arm without it hurting like hell. I don't even have to do that, it just hurts. Like a cramp that won't go away.

It started right when i woke up and got out of bed. Putting on my underwear was not easy, or doing anything else for that fact. First thing that came to my mind was "Tennis elbow" My mom use to have it. Is it hereditary?

It's right were your triceps muscle attaches to the elbow on the back side of the arm. Any help, or info on what's going on and how to make this GD pain go away would be much appreciated. Gonna be a day long day at work. I was a squeegee to apply vinyl to various surfaces 90% of the time i'm here. ****!

It hurts like hell just typing this. Anyone else ever experienced this?

I wish I had some advice for you Skinny. Maybe try to gradually strech it out. You've probably already done that. Take some Aleve and go see your Doc.

3. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    Holy hell. I'm trying to find out if this is what this excruciating pain is i have in my right elbow. I can't straighten out my arm without it hurting like hell. I don't even have to do that, it just hurts. Like a cramp that won't go away.

It started right when i woke up and got out of bed. Putting on my underwear was not easy, or doing anything else for that fact. First thing that came to my mind was "Tennis elbow" My mom use to have it. Is it hereditary?

It's right were your triceps muscle attaches to the elbow on the back side of the arm. Any help, or info on what's going on and how to make this GD pain go away would be much appreciated. Gonna be a day long day at work. I was a squeegee to apply vinyl to various surfaces 90% of the time i'm here. ****!

If you can, stretch out your forearm muscles by pulling your wrist up and down. Take some ibuprophin, and if you have access to something heavy, I recommend doing these for elbow tendinitis. I do these to help relieve it when I get it on occasion.

5. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    If you can, stretch out your forearm muscles by pulling your wrist up and down. Take some ibuprophin, and if you have access to something heavy, I recommend doing these for elbow tendinitis. I do these to help relieve it when I get it on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I wish I had some advice for you Skinny. Maybe try to gradually strech it out. You've probably already done that. Take some Aleve and go see your Doc.
    Thanks for the vid Thnikka. That stretch hurts like hell. I'm guessing tendinitis may be what i have. Not sure though. Yesterday everything was fine then this morning it was just instant constant pain.

Slick, a lady i work with gave me one of her Naproxen which is basically the same thing as Aleve i think just extra strength?... and it's worked some. Still don't have full motion without it hurting like a sumbitch. I don't know what's going on. If it's still like this in the morning i guess i'll have to visit the doctor and see what's up.

Preciate the advice guys.

7. The Following User High Fived Skinny For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Thanks for the vid Thnikka. That stretch hurts like hell. I'm guessing tendinitis may be what i have. Not sure though. Yesterday everything was fine then this morning it was just instant constant pain.

Slick, a lady i work with gave me one of her Naproxen which is basically the same thing as Aleve i think just extra strength?... and it's worked some. Still don't have full motion without it hurting like a sumbitch. I don't know what's going on. If it's still like this in the morning i guess i'll have to visit the doctor and see what's up.

Preciate the advice guys.
    Also ice it to remove the swelling. if the Naprox (same exact thing as alieve) is doing something to take the edge off, you definitely have an inflammation of the joint. Ice that sucker, and maybe take the day off if you can.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    Also ice it to remove the swelling. if the Naprox (same exact thing as alieve) is doing something to take the edge off, you definitely have an inflammation of the joint. Ice that sucker, and maybe take the day off if you can.
    I thought about going home early earlier but i'm taking the week offr after next week for vacation so i could use the extra coin. I'm going to try some ice when i get home. I've got some icy hot too i'll try and see how that works.

10. The Following User High Fived Skinny For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

yea, that's probably elbow tendonitis. . . ibuprofen and ice will help some. . . or go to a health food or vitamin store and get some zyflamend (pricey but very good), bromelain (take it on an empty stomach), and/or arnica gel or zheng gu shui-- or tumeric, or ginger tea. . . i'd also consider seeing a physical therapist-- get a prescription from your doc, your insurance should cover it. . .

12. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Do you know what Tennis Balls are? A whole helluva lot worse than Tennis Elbow.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Do you know what Tennis Balls are? A whole helluva lot worse than Tennis Elbow.
    Thanks a lot dude, now I have to explain to my wife why I'm laughing out loud.

16. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Thanks a lot dude, now I have to explain to my wife why I'm laughing out loud.
    just tell her the forum's village idiot made a funny. . .

18. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

You need to make sure you rest it. Were you lifting weights or doing some form exercise?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Army Bronco View Post
    You need to make sure you rest it. Were you lifting weights or doing some form exercise?
    too many 12 oz curls-- he's probably going to need an elbow transplant. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Army Bronco View Post
    No. But i do a lot squeegeeing over the course of a 9hr - 12hr work day. Applying vinyl to various types of acrylics, metals, and sintra panels. I'm sure that has somwething to do with it. It's in my right elbow and i'm right handed. It's just weird all of a sudden the pain is so severe like this. It's never happened before or gave me any warning. The pain woke me up again this morning and i planned on sleeping in.

About 5-6 years ago, I went through a really bad bout of tennis elbow. I think golf is what caused it. Anyway, where mine hurt the worse, by far, was gripping something with my hand and then pronating my hand (hand/Forearm twisting counter clockwise) or put in simple terms, doing something like trying to drink out of a glass. If I picked up a glass, it was ok, as soon as I started bringing it towards my mouth and tilting it, I would have extreme, shooting pain that would cause me to drop, or nearly drop the glass. There were other things that hurt, like carrying something in that hand (like a walmart bag or computer bag or whatever) and sometimes it just hurt on it's own, but the combination of gripping and rotating hand/wrist would create intense pain.

They wanted to do surgery, I was sick of arm/shoulder surgeries as I had 5 from 91 to the mid 00's, so I went another route. I opted for prolotherapy from an osteopath. While the treatment is uncomfortable, it cleared it up, and since then, when it's flared up a few times, it's been much more minor, without the extreme pain, and usually only sore for a day or two and a little Advil knocks it out now.

A good friend of mine was a professional tennis player for a few years and also coached for a long time. When I had tennis elbow he told me to put a rubber band around my fingers and expand them outwards as an exercise. The pain got better after a couple of weeks.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information