Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Assassin's 4-3 Mock

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Default Assassin's 4-3 Mock

So the cat may have been let out of the bag and the 4-3 may be making it's way back to Denver. This makes things a bit clearer. With trading off limits until a new CBA is agreed upon, we're gonna have to go with the picks we have. Now there is a chance that we can trade picks for picks, but who is worthy of the #2? And who would trade up? I don't see any QBs worth it. Only guy worth moving up for would be Bowers, IMO. Then again, Quinn projects as well to many.

Also, I think we should be very limited in regards to FA additions. I wanna build from the draft. Maybe we grab some low cost guys to fill immediate needs, but I don't want to break the bank in a desperate attempt to "fix" this team. We need to be smart. So given all that, here is my 4-3 mock.

ROUND 1
    MARCELL DAREUS, DT, Alabama
    6'4" 306

Still my #1 guy here. Fairley is likely to be gone, but even if he isn't, Dareus is who I covet. Bigger than Fairley and just as explosive. Our need at DT is bigger than our immediate need at DE, where we have a number of options which include Ayers, Doom, Bannan and others. We have some big bodies we can rotate in at DT, but we need legit talent and explosiveness. Dareus fits this description. Played against top SEC competition for 3 years and was dominant.

ROUND 2A
    JJ WATT, DE, Wisconsin
    6'6" 292

With all of the DEs projected so high in this draft, Watt may very well slip to round 2. And if he doesn't, there are a handful of names at DE who I'd be happy with. But for now, it's Watt. Admittedly, Watt would be an insurance policy for Ayers. If Ayers performs well as a 4-3 DE, Watt would still be important to a rotation. Doom is very undersized for the scheme and, although he excels on pass downs, he is a liability vs the run. Watt tips the scales above 290 and could be scheme diverse if we do give a 3-4 look. Also would fit nice at DT on pass downs, ala NY Giants.

ROUND 2B
    MARTEZ WILSON, ILB, Illinois
    6'4" 250

I truly believe that Wilson will be the best 4-3 MLB in this class. Good size, speed, athleticism...and he makes plays. Adding Wilson would allow DJ to play the WILL while we fill the SAM with one of our other LBs. He fills a huge need for the future success of our defense.

ROUND 3
    LUKE STOCKER, TE, Tennessee
    6'6" 253

Yes, I am a UT homer, but Stocker is a complete TE. I think he drops to round 3 due to his lack of highlights. Trust me folks, it has all to do w/ UT's lack of QBs and nothing to do w/ Stocker. He blocks and catches equally well. A poor man's Witten...with the potential to be as productive.

ROUND 6
    JAMIE HARPER, RB, Clemson
    6'0" 235

I'm actually surprise Harper came out, but Clemson is goin thru some big changes. I don't have much research done on him, but when I saw him earlier this season, he clearly passed the eye test. I made it a point to watch Clemson games after that and he never disappointed...even when Clemson did. A bigger back with good athleticism and he caught the ball quite well. If were analogizing, I see him as a poor man's Jon Stewart and Knowshon is our DeAngelo Williams.

ROUND 7
    CURTIS MARSH, CB, Utah State
    6'1" 193

Project with good measurements. Played vs some good pass offenses and held his own.

Last edited by SmilinAssasSin27; 02-08-2011 at 08:02 PM.

2. The Following 13 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

I like it, but I didnt know Watt was expected to fall to the second?

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Montana Battlin Bear For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

As I stated, there are a lot of DEs with a first round grade in this draft. Too many, I believe, to actually go in round 1. Someone will drop. I believe it to be Watt. If not, however, I'd be fine with Clayborn, Bailey or Heyward. That's 4 names right there. In addition...Bowers, Quinn, Jordan, Kerrigan and Aldon Smith. 9 names altogether w/ round 1 grades. 7 of them would be ideal fits for us. Smith and Kerrigan are the 2 who are too light for our needs, IMO. We already have Doom. I want some girth in this draft.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

i know you want a minimal FA effort, but what were you thinking as far as actual signings?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

Looks good I like it. Just wondering? Why does it say Watt is from Nebraska but has a Wisconsin uni on?
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Watt is from Wisconsin, he'll go at around the middle of the first round. Other than that, I like the Mock, Assassin.

11. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I like the Wilson and Stocker picks. And i could live with Dareus if Fairley is gone.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Watt is from Wisconsin, he'll go at around the middle of the first round. Other than that, I like the Mock, Assassin.
    Watt wasn't all that impressive against TCU, but he did have a good year!! Mayock's high on Watts as well and I agree with him and don't see Watt going to the BRONCOS!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-in-the-first/

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

I would be alright with this. Between now and the draft though, Bowers is going to light up workouts with his blazing athleticism while Fairley/Dareus probably will not impress, but the game tape is there on both of them(Which may even prompt the Panthers to take him at 1). Dareus looks to be the "Gerald McCoy" of this year's draft behind Fairley who is being hyped as the "Ndamakung Suh." As much as I like Bowers, you are absolutely right about a DE slipping. Mayock says 9 DEs are slated to go in the first round but that is unrealistic; one talented guy will be there when we go to pick early in the 2nd round.

15. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Hey Assassin, what about the Von dude from TAMU? Workout wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I disagree. From all the most recent discussions, Cameron Jordon has now moved into the mid teens. he plays the 3-4 at CAL and will be highly sought after. Clayborn and Kerrigan are also considered top 25 players.
    I think Watt goes in the 2nd.

1/26/11: Cameron Jordan is a beast. He's dominated the Senior Bowl practices thus far. In fact, he was so aggressive that he hit the quarterback on one occasion, prompting Marvin Lewis to pull Jordan aside and tell him, "If you do that again, they're gonna give you a GPS and you're gonna have to drive out of here." Jordan won't make it past New England at No. 17, and he could go as high as Dallas at No. 9.
    Theres only so many picks in the 1st round and not every team will need D-linemen.

18. The Following User High Fived SOCALORADO. For This Post:

As for the draft assassin, its GREAT!
    Nailed every pick, and made good use of them all.
    I like every pick. Best 4-3 draft so far.

Adopted Bronco:

I'm good with Dareus and Wilson, but with Ayers and Doom, I dont think Watt is a need pick. Dareus and Wilson fill holes, but after that, we DESPERATELY need to address the DB's.

21. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

In general discussion someone said something about not going after any offensive players but I don't think would be wise because we do have needs on offense. One position I mentioned was tight end. If there is a offensive right tackle that would be worth taking I think that might also worth thinking about, because right now it doesn't look like Harris will be back next season.

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Looks good I like it. Just wondering? Why does it say Watt is from Nebraska but has a Wisconsin uni on?
    Nice catch...I originally liked Crick from Nebraska but he didnt declare.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information