Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Desmond Howard Says Phil Simms Threatened to Hit Him

Default Desmond Howard Says Phil Simms Threatened to Hit Him

Wasn't sure where to post this.

Desmond Howard Says Phil Simms Threatened to Hit Him

Deep down, Phil Simms must know his son Matt Simms is not a very good quarterback. Or perhaps he's just an overly protective father.

Whatever the story is, the patriarch of the Simms family allegedly threatened to hit ESPN college football analyst Desmond Howard over comments he made on-air during the season about Matt being one of the worst quarterbacks in the SEC, according to Howard's Twitter feed. Both are in Dallas for the Super Bowl.

Let's let Howard tell the story.

http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2011/0...ed-to-hit-him/

Adopted Bronco:
    Marcus Thomas

Didn't he threaten somebody a few years ago for calling Chris Simms soft? Standing up for your kids is one thing, but if you choose a line of work where it is the job of your coworkers to criticize the job your kids do I don't think you can use the protective father excuse anymore.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived MadMax For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I didn't read the story, but Phil Simms is a damn idiot.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

5. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Phil, feel free to hit me. Your son sucks. I watched all of his starts this year. I love the Vols. Unfortunately, your son was the QB til the freshman was "ready". He sucks. Just watch the money maker. I gots bills to pay.

7. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

And Phil Simms never ripped anyone's son on the air?
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

9. The Following 5 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

I like Phil Simms.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'm not going to jump all over Simms for this. Being a father myself I understand how a person can get uber protective.

I once took my three year old son to the mall and he was playing in the little kid play area when a five year old boy started bullying him and playing way too rough with him. All I can tell you is that it was fortunate that my wife was able to get my son or else there was a five year old that was about to get punted accross the mall.

I can understand a father getting riled up to protect his kid.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I'm not going to jump all over Simms for this. Being a father myself I understand how a person can get uber protective.

I once took my three year old son to the mall and he was playing in the little kid play area when a five year old boy started bullying him and playing way too rough with him. All I can tell you is that it was fortunate that my wife was able to get my son or else there was a five year old that was about to get punted accross the mall.

Sorry mate, this is absolutely retarded to the 10th degree. Protecting your son from physical harm is one thing. Threatening someone over criticisms of his game is entirely different. If Phil was smart he would try to defend his son intelligently using the same resources that are provided for Desmond. If Phil cant handle that both his sons take criticism for being athletes than he is in the wrong line of business.

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I understand fully where you're coming from. My daughter was probably about
    10 when this boy beat her up after school. I went and found the boy and,
    while not touching him, I had a "come to Jesus meeting" with him. I was
    convicted of that for misdemeanor harassment.

Then that summer, the lady next door -- who seemed pretty weird, anyway --
    chased my kids down the sidewalk, swinging a broomstick what looked like
    at their heads. The kids might or might not have needed correction -- I didn't
    know what they did -- but I went over and told her off. For that, I was
    convicted of misdemeanor menacing, after she said I cursed and threatened
    her. (I didn't -- I just told her off.)

I would do both, and get convicted, again. They are my kids.

Having said that, I believe that if Simms got violent with another media
    person over what the other said about how his college aged son plays on the
    football field, then perhaps Simms needs counseling . . .

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

15. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Sorry mate, this is absolutely retarded to the 10th degree. Protecting your son from physical harm is one thing. Threatening someone over criticisms of his game is entirely different. If Phil was smart he would try to defend his son intelligently using the same resources that are provided for Desmond. If Phil cant handle that both his sons take criticism for being athletes than he is in the wrong line of business.
    I think "retarded to the 10th degree" is a tad harsh. All I was saying is that I won't pile on Simms for this because I can is some way see where he's coming from. I then gave an example of how protective instincts can take over and make even a rational person react strongly. For God's sake I was set to kick a child do you not understand that?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I've always told my sons if you get bullied or can't win, punch em in the throat....it'll take down even the baddest bully!!

18. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I think "retarded to the 10th degree" is a tad harsh. All I was saying is that I won't pile on Simms for this because I can is some way see where he's coming from. I then gave an example of how protective instincts can take over and make even a rational person react strongly. For God's sake I was set to kick a child do you not understand that?
    I understand your point which is why i said "in a physical" means. But we are only talking words here. Something that every athlete deals with and for a guy like Simms should know better.

20. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

KCL

Adopted Bronco:
    the beer guy

Phil already is in trouble with cops about Chris....

Seems he threatend the cops who busted Chris with pot last year.... Phil told them he "could get them Bronco tickets if they dropped charges against Chris"...

THATS not right....

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

Simms better fight better than he plays QB.
    Merry.

I have never forgiven Phil for having the game(second half) of his life against us in Pasadena.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information