Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Brandon Lloyd on Bronco QB Situation: Video

Quote Originally Posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
    I heard he was grumbling and talking McD down in the locker room...
    disgruntled and unhappy...
    it all came out about the time Marshal was benched in the last game.

If I remember, the two of them,
    Shef and Bmarsh,
    were like cohorts in a locker room "hostility to the regime" type of deal...

those were the reports I remember hearing.
    I only remember hearing that he was upset about how he was being used and how the team struggled down the stretch, and got himself in McD's doghouse by saying (and I paraphrase) that he can't wait for the season to be over.

Awful reason to trade him if that's all it was, I'm sure players say things like that all the time when the team is struggling. And a majority of NFL players are going to be unhappy about something, it's how they are. The coach has to deal with it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by rationalfan View Post
    again, why would the team trade it's most productive offensive player? makes little sense. so many armchair GMs want to draft to build a team, but part of building a team is keeping the players who produce, rather than trading them for draft picks that might turn into busts.

also interesting: there are still so many people here lamenting the fact that the broncos traded cutler/marshall/sheffler/hillis because they were stars and productive. yet, lloyd has been very productive and has half as many pro bowl selections as that entire group and now people want to trade him?

i'm not a lloyd fanboy, but the lack of logic compels me to rant.
    It's not illogical to me. If the Broncos are intent on increasing it's draft stock Lloyd is one of the few players on the team that would have decent value. I'm not advocating putting Lloyd on the block but it makes sense in terms of stock up draft picks.

As I said I would be ok with Gaffney getting traded.
    Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information