Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Five Factors Driving Speculation On Tebow’s Future In The NFL Other Than Football

Adopted Bronco:
    Ricky Nattiel

Lightbulb Five Factors Driving Speculation On Tebow’s Future In The NFL Other Than Football

1) Gator Nation and everyone else

Gator Nation spreads far and wide across the globe and would support a comeback of Danny Wuerffel much less their golden boy Tim Tremendous. With a fan base this large, Tim already has more support than most anyone coming out of college. Just check the jersey sales.
    So, Gator homerism drives one side of this spinning coin but what about the other? How about every Gator hater fan base out there? Lets see there is Florida State, The U, UGA, Tennessee, Bama and tack on The Ohio State University for good measure. The list goes on and on. So,right off the bat both scales are unbalanced on Tebow’s future whether you are pro or anti Gator.

2) Goody two cleats

The man is a virgin for crying out loud! He spends his spring break at orphanages and leper colonies comforting the less fortunate. His only personal foul penalty involved a Gator chomp followed by a “God Bless”. This kid is almost too good to be true. Which again draws out the masses to argue his future. One side holds him up as a shining beacon to model their kids after, while the other side is waiting for the other shoe to drop. Just waiting for the day a pic turns up on the Internet of Timmy eating kitties with maple syrup. Morality is a great way to judge a person’s character, but what the heck happened to football in all of this?

3) The Media

The Media has been riding the Timmy T. Train ever since he changed state laws in Florida to play high school football as a home schooler. The ESPN special, The Chosen One, showcased Tebow as just that before he had even chosen a D-I School. The love fest continued all through out his years at Florida and to be frank all the Tebow media overdose was too much for any non Gator to handle. Conversely, there could never be enough TT news or articles to absorb to the die hard fan. The love fest abruptly stopped the day his college career ended as even the media was looking for another angle to ride that train. Tebow turned form a college hero to a WWF heel over night. I can’t even list all the analysts and commentators that have already decided that TT will never be an NFL caliber QB. Its amazing how many expert analysts have painted themselves into a corner, no way they can pull for Timbow now. So, its safe to say even the analysts have lost their objectivity. Like it or not, the media plays a huge part on what people think. The only problem is that ‘fact’ does not drive the sports media, opinions, commercials and ratings do.

4) The Chiseled Chin

To take a quote from 30Rock, the dude looks like a cartoon pilot. Women show up in wedding dresses to autograph sessions. Dudes ask him to propose to their fiances for them, I mean what woman can turn down a proposal from Tim Tebow even if its not actually him proposing? If you check his Twitter and Facebook pages you will see the vast majority of the comments left are by his largest fan base, WOMEN. They love the guy and whats not to like? He led the NFL in jersey sales even while he was riding the pine, care to guess how many XS petite jerseys were in the mix? Not to suggest women don’t know anything about football, on the contrary, but the infatuation with his chin has nothing to do with his abilities as an NFL caliber QB. In fact, the only women that may have an issue with TT is for his anti-abortion Superbowl commercial. Fine, but again what the heck does any of this have to do with football?

5) Mechanics

Whoa! Mechanics have nothing to do with football? OK maybe not nothing, but for crying out loud way too much has been made of the kid’s mechanics. Mechanics are not the end all be all of success in the NFL. There are a lot more successful QB’s in the NFL with flaws in their throwing motion than without. I think the sport you are looking for is ballet, im pretty sure mechanics are everything in ballet. Last I checked football was a game of will and guts. Last I checked football was a game of results. Last I checked Ryan Leaf had perfect mechanics. Mechanics are an ends to a means. I don’t care if my QB is throwing with his feet if he’s scoring TD’s and winning games. I mean what is this perfect throwing motion that everyone is comparing to anyway? Joe Montana? Well, I got news for you! You don’t have to be Hall of Famer Joe Montana to be considered a success in this league.

6) Conclusion

Lets all reason together. We all have our own reasons to pull for or against Tim Tebow, but lets be objective and judge this kid’s future by what he has shown so far as an NFL QB. Tebow has started three games and by all accounts, he did well for a rookie. He is 1-2 as a starter, but in my opinion with no defense, running game or head coach, he had no business winning any games. He rallied from a 17-0 deficit to beat Houston 24-23 and he was 1 throw away from coming back again against the Chargers and just fell short of another amazing comeback. He ended with the best QB rating of any rookie this year including #1 pick Sam Bradford with an 82.1 rating. He has 125 touches for 881 yards with a combined 11 TD’s and 3 turnovers. Will Tim Tebow be a Hall of Famer? Or a bust? My guess is that he will be neither, but at this point I can only speculate on the upcoming season and I believe that Tim Tebow will be a successful starting NFL QB in 2011. I am proud to say my speculation is based on Football.

2. The Following 10 Users High Fived Bullgator For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

For me - it is very simple - I want Tim to succeed because he is a Denver Bronco, and they are my team

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

4. The Following 12 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

The kid has grit and moxy if nothing else and if that holds true I want to see just how far that can carry him.

Personally, I think the kid will do well.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

we can do with a dose of pride and honor on our team, after the likes of *********, *********, ******, ******** and a few other no class, or losers.

8. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
    we can do with a dose of pride and honor on our team, after the likes of *********, *********, ******, ******** and a few other no class, or losers.
    You must mean Josh McFired and his coaching staff.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

10. The Following 5 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Mope I was talking about past moron players, that were traded or cut.

I had no issues with Josh and his staff. Other than they did not have enough time to get the job done.
    Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
    mope i was talking about past moron players, that were traded or cut.

I had no issues with josh and his staff. Other than they did not have enough time to get the job done.
    mobile post via mobile.broncosforums.com/forums
    lmao!!!

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

As long as he keeps his virginity, anything is possible...after that, he loses all his powers.

15. The Following 9 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
    I had no issues with Josh and his staff.
    Which proves everything you know about football. That's like a Hiroshima survivor saying "I have no problem with atomic weapons".
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

17. The Following 6 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Which proves everything you know about football. That's like a Hiroshima survivor saying "I have no problem with atomic weapons".
    Did you hear about the Japanese guy who was in Hiroshima for the atomic bombing there, and then three days later he was in Nagasaki for the second, and he survived them both.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...survivor-japan

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Indeed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

If Tebow can prove to be the man than thats a good thing for the Broncos. If not, move onto someone else.

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller, Peyton's Neck

Quote Originally Posted by Bullgator View Post
    1) Gator Nation and everyone else
    to the boards!

I enjoyed your first post. And yes I actually read all of that.
    Thanks Shake!

1st soldier: What? Ridden on a horse?
    King Arthur: Yes!
    1st soldier: You're using coconuts!
    King Arthur: What?
    1st soldier: You've got two empty halves of coconut and you're bangin' 'em together.
    King Arthur: So? We have ridden since the snows of winter covered this land, through the kingdom of Mercia, through...
    1st soldier: Where'd you get the coconuts?
    King Arthur: We found them.
    1st soldier: Found them? In Mercia? The coconut's tropical!
    King Arthur: What do you mean?
    1st soldier: Well, this is a temperate zone
    King Arthur: The swallow may fly south with the sun or the house martin or the plover may seek warmer climes in winter, yet these are not strangers to our land?
    1st soldier: Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
    King Arthur: Not at all. They could be carried.
    1st soldier: What? A swallow carrying a coconut?
    King Arthur: It could grip it by the husk!
    1st soldier: It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.
    King Arthur: Well, it doesn't matter. Will you go and tell your master that Arthur from the Court of Camelot is here?
    1st soldier: Listen. In order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second, right?
    King Arthur: Please!
    1st soldier: Am I right?

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived Superchop 7 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rapey Lonnie

Josh McFired.
    Who?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information