Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BREAKING: Jeff Fisher out in Tennessee

This smacks of the Chargers firing of Marty. It seems like they waited until the last minute to fire Fisher in a way that would prevent him from getting another job right away.

Maybe the Cecil thing really played into it. I don't know. This just feels much the same as the Marty deal.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    This smacks of the Chargers firing of Marty. It seems like they waited until the last minute to fire Fisher in a way that would prevent him from getting another job right away.

Maybe the Cecil thing really played into it. I don't know. This just feels much the same as the Marty deal.
    I was thinking the same thing

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

4. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

A source told ESPN's John Clayton that one of the final disagreements that led to Fisher's departure involved his son, Brandon. Jeff Fisher wanted to have his son on the staff as a quality control coach and thought that was going to be approved. Brandon Fisher helped out during the season while offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger was receiving cancer treatment.

For several years, Adams has stressed he didn't want family hired on the Titans coaching staff and he apparently stuck by those principles this week in conversations with Fisher.

Heimerdinger has recovered from his bout with cancer and would be willing to be a candidate to replace Fisher, a source said.

The Titans released a statement about the change of plans Thursday.

"After the season was complete, we had numerous discussions on the direction of the team and were pleased that we were moving forward with Jeff at the helm," the statement read. "Since that time, it became evident that consensus was increasingly hard to find and reality wasn't matching the vision we discussed. It is unfortunate that this decision is coming at this juncture, but we believe that we have reached the point where change is in the best interest of both parties."
    full article - http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6066144

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Maybe Bud Adams wanted to have everyone else fill their coaching positions before he fired Fisher. That way he wouldn't have to face him next year.

That and have they really released VY, or did they just say they were going to do that?

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    Maybe Bud Adams wanted to have everyone else fill their coaching positions before he fired Fisher. That way he wouldn't have to face him next year.

That and have they really released VY, or did they just say they were going to do that?
    Players cannot be officially released until the new league year. The Titans front office has appeared to decide to make VY's release regardless of who the team's next head coach is. They still have time to change their minds if the next head coach could convince the owner to keep VY.

Yeah, agree with those who would have preferred Fisher to Fox--but I take comfort that there's probably no way Fisher would have ever come to talent-dry Denver anyway (which is why Fox is here and why most declined to even interview here).
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Yeah, agree with those who would have preferred Fisher to Fox--but I take comfort that there's probably no way Fisher would have ever come to talent-dry Denver anyway (which is why Fox is here and why most declined to even interview here).
    Good thing your Chargers are the cream of the crop, right?
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Best line I've heard all week:

If there is one guy in the world who would view Bud Adams as a better boss, it might be Tom Cable.
    So what coach hates his job enough to go work for Bud Adams? Step right up, Mr. Cable.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

If any of you are thinking about visiting a Titan fan site, I'd suggest you duck low before entering. I haven't gone to one, but they've got to be rioting over there like we were last year in the wake of the Cutler fiasco. First they are lead to believe that the team has to choose between the HC or the QB, now they find out that their losing both.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

12. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post

It matters not whether he works or not HE STILL GETS paid from them.

So unless it was just to be vindictive, he is still ok .. After 16 years (plus assistant years) coaching year round he could use a nice vacation.. PAID.

Adams is right, they need a change. Plus, Fisher has coached 16 years and doesn't have a ring... I believe he is a pretty good coach, fundamentally his teams are usually sound, but he hasn't proven to be elite. I would prefer to go with Fox, who at least will strive for a sound defense.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information