Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Misc. draft-related news and notes

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Default Misc. draft-related news and notes

anything that doesn't really deserve its own thread can go here. . .

But it’s harder to see where there’s a quarterback worthy of going first overall in this year’s draft. The conventional wisdom was that the Panthers had their hearts set on Luck, and when he decided to remain at Stanford, the Panthers may have decided to go shopping for a quarterback in free agency, and go in a different direction in the draft.

Hurney said the Panthers’ No. 2 need is defensive tackle, and he said he’s already gathering information on Auburn’s Nick Fairley.

“At this point, we have to do more research,” Hurney said. “But obviously he’s an impact player inside. . . . I think when you’re picking high, it needs to be an impact position and an impact player.”

And without Luck in the draft, Fairley may be the first player taken.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...y-be-top-pick/

i'm afraid they're going to take fairley. . . i hope we can trade down. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    anything that doesn't really deserve its own thread can go here. . .

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...y-be-top-pick/

i'm afraid they're going to take fairley. . . i hope we can trade down. . .
    I wouldnt automatically dismiss Bowers. It would be better to get a DT like Fairley but another edge rusher (from the left side this time), also wouldnt be bad. If Bowers is legit, then it would be amazing to have two edge rushers like Doom and Bowers.

Like I said before, I would go:

1. Fairley
    2. Bowers
    3. Trade down

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Agent of Orange View Post
    I wouldnt automatically dismiss Bowers. It would be better to get a DT like Fairley but another edge rusher (from the left side this time), also wouldnt be bad. If Bowers is legit, then it would be amazing to have two edge rushers like Doom and Bowers.

Like I said before, I would go:

1. Fairley
    2. Bowers
    3. Trade down
    The Giants won the Super Bowl and had 4 above-average DEs in Justin Tuck, Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, and Mathias Kiwinaku. If we could have Ayers, Doom, and Bowers at DE it would go a long way towards making our D respectable.

Fairley
    Bowers
    Peterson
    Dareus

In that order, and we are on our way to a defense.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Looks like we are preparing for other players in case Fairley goes to Carolina.

Broncos also met with Patrick Peterson at the Senior Bowl.

http://fannation.sportsillustrated.c...#ixzz1C9otjW1j
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

The thing with Bowers and Ayers in pass rush situations one can go down to DT that's what the Giants where doing.

Or we could sign Kiwinaku...I think he's a free agent...then Draft Peterson. But the drafting of Bowers depends on if the front office thinks he will be a 10+ sack guy and a complete DE anything other than that is a waste. When Peterson is there. Do most of you believe Bowers will be better than Kiwinaku?

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Looks like we are preparing for other players in case Fairley goes to Carolina.

Broncos also met with Patrick Peterson at the Senior Bowl.

http://fannation.sportsillustrated.c...#ixzz1C9otjW1j
    F***!!!

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Agent of Orange For This Post:

F***!!!

Dont get all worked up. We are going to look at anyone worthy of top 10 selection including some OT and WR i bet. I just makes sense.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

11. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

But Bills owner Ralph Wilson says his team, which owns the No. 3 overall pick, is only going to take a quarterback in the first round if a quarterback is the best player available.

“If there is not a quarterback at No. 3 we like, we’re not going to reach and take him,” Wilson said. “We’re going to take the player we like best.”

Both Wilson and Nix have been asked about Auburn quarterback Cam Newton, and Nix acknowledged that Newton is a player the Bills are considering at No. 3. But Nix says it’s way too early to talk about whether Newton is the “franchise impact player” that Nix says the team will take in the first round.

“We’ve done some work on him,” Nix said. “We’ve got two more months to go, and that’ll answer all the questions.”
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...a-quarterback/
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

For anyone getting all worked up over drafting Peterson. Get ready, cause thats whats most likely going to happen. Hes simply the BPA for DEN after Fairley, and more importantly a slam dunk of a safe pick. Its really a no-brainer.
    I know, i know. We need D-line help. I get it. But at #2 and having 2 picks in the second, DEN has to go BPA and take a guy who will be the next shut down CB.
    Then in the 2nd go after the d-line help there. Alot of folks are sayin that Kerrigan or Watt wont be ther in the 2nd, Well if thats the case, then there will STILL be some serious NT/DE players left. Theres only so many picks and teams do indeed have other needs than 3-4 DEs and NTs.
    Also Peterson is an astounding punt/KO return man.
    Peterson is a top 5 pick in the draft anyway you look at it.
    I guess we have to hope that WR AJ Green just absolutely lights it up and CAR falls in love.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived SOCALORADO. For This Post:

bowers and dareus are no slouches either. If we stay 34, I bet we take dareus. The man is polished, and consistent, his ceiling is not as high as fairly and such but he is a man beast.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

17. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SOCALORADO. View Post
    For anyone getting all worked up over drafting Peterson. Get ready, cause thats whats most likely going to happen. Hes simply the BPA for DEN after Fairley, and more importantly a slam dunk of a safe pick. Its really a no-brainer.
    I know, i know. We need D-line help. I get it. But at #2 and having 2 picks in the second, DEN has to go BPA and take a guy who will be the next shut down CB.
    Then in the 2nd go after the d-line help there. Alot of folks are sayin that Kerrigan or Watt wont be ther in the 2nd, Well if thats the case, then there will STILL be some serious NT/DE players left. Theres only so many picks and teams do indeed have other needs than 3-4 DEs and NTs.
    Also Peterson is an astounding punt/KO return man.
    Peterson is a top 5 pick in the draft anyway you look at it.
    I guess we have to hope that WR AJ Green just absolutely lights it up and CAR falls in love.
    For anyone getting all worked up over people complaining about drafting a DB, get ready. That's what's going to happen.

Drafting a DB, however good he may be, is insanity.

For anyone getting all worked up over people complaining about drafting a DB, get ready. That's what's going to happen.

Drafting a DB, however good he may be, is insanity.
    I agree, now get ready for Peterson to be a Bronco.

20. The Following User High Fived SOCALORADO. For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by cuzz4169 View Post
    Or we could sign Kiwinaku...I think he's a free agent...then Draft Peterson. But the drafting of Bowers depends on if the front office thinks he will be a 10+ sack guy and a complete DE anything other than that is a waste. When Peterson is there. Do most of you believe Bowers will be better than Kiwinaku?
    I would only want to get Peterson if we did a good enough job acquiring talented defensive linemen but even then, Bowers could have all the makings of Mario Williams or Julius Peppers. The talent with Bowers is there. The question is whether or not he was a one year wonder in his production or if he has truly made a genuine change in his life and is ready to become a great player. 15.5 sacks and 26 tackles for a loss do not lie. If Fairley isn't there, which he isn't expected to be, we need to go with Bowers.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information