Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AMAZING show last night

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Default AMAZING show last night

Last night me and a couple friends made the trip to Lubbock, TX to see the Human Abstract, 36 CrazyFists, Trivium, and All That Remians at the Tequila Jungle. It was the best concert I've ever been to. All That Remains is amazing. My head still hurts though, and my ears are still ringing. Well worth it though.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

My Nephew loves 36 Crazyfists. Saw them with Napalm Death and Devildriver a while back.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

They were really good. All That Remains absolutely killed it though. They're so damn good. I've got a bunch of shitty camera phone pictures to show for it. My ears are still ringing and it sounds like I have ear muffs on. Well worth it. Five Finger Death Punch and August Burns Red are playing there in November at on different dates. I'll for sure go see ABR. They're one of my favorites.

4. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Here's the band that opened the show last night, The Human Abstract. At times live they sounded like Nine Inch Nails, and they kind of do in the beginning of the song "Counting Down the Days". Pretty decent band.

www.myspace.com/thehumanabstract

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Last night me and a couple friends made the trip to Lubbock, TX to see the Human Abstract, 36 CrazyFists, Trivium, and All That Remians at the Tequila Jungle. It was the best concert I've ever been to. All That Remains is amazing. My head still hurts though, and my ears are still ringing. Well worth it though.
    I don't know any of those bands...

...I am old.

7. The Following User High Fived Broncolingus For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

It's ok. Most "old" people don't like metal like this.

All That Remains is amazing live. I am seeing them when they come to cleveland, can't wait!
    "There's a box of Twinkies in that grocery store. Not just any box of Twinkies, the last box of Twinkies that anyone will enjoy in the whole universe. Believe it or not, Twinkies have an expiration date. Some day very soon, Life's little Twinkie gauge is gonna go... empty."

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

They were badass man. When are they coming to Cleveland? I'm going to see Five Finger Death Punch and In This Moment at the same place I saw ATR in early November. I'm stoked!

They are here Nov. 9th w/ In Flames, 36Crazyfists, and Gojira. My buddy and I going to Five Finger Death Punch on Oct. 14th w/ In This Moment, and Bury Your Dead. Should be good times!
    "There's a box of Twinkies in that grocery store. Not just any box of Twinkies, the last box of Twinkies that anyone will enjoy in the whole universe. Believe it or not, Twinkies have an expiration date. Some day very soon, Life's little Twinkie gauge is gonna go... empty."

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I saw ATR with 36CF, Trivium, and The Human Abstract. I'm jealous you get to see Bury Your Dead. Their song "Fever Dream" is one of my favorites.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Trivium's new album rocks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I haven't picked it up yet. They played three or four songs from it when I saw them, but I had heard them all on their Myspace page. It's not as good as Ascendency or Embers to Inferno, but the songs I've heard are still pretty good. Their singer is a primadona (sp?) and he gets on my nerves. Most all of the screaming on the new album is their bass player.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I haven't picked it up yet. They played three or four songs from it when I saw them, but I had heard them all on their Myspace page. It's not as good as Ascendency or Embers to Inferno, but the songs I've heard are still pretty good. Their singer is a primadona (sp?) and he gets on my nerves. Most all of the screaming on the new album is their bass player.
    Yeah, I don't know a ton about them, but I dig the fast guitar, double bass and I think they have a pretty good mix of hard/melodic songs... I thought I heard one of them was only like 18? I think it's the guitarist, but maybe it's the singer... He could be a little older now, I heard that a year or two ago.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Matt Heafy, the lead singer, was 19 when they started the band. Dunno about anything else. If you like Trivium, check out The Human Abstract.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Going back up to the same place next Sunday night to see Another Black Day, Bury Your Dead, In This Moment, and Five Finger Death Punch. EXCITED.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information