Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DT Free Agents?

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

How about taking a look at Alan Branch in FA? I think he's being misused as a DE in AZ.

Dude was a monster at Michigan who's best asset was as a penetrating UT at 6'-6" 338 lbs. Very similar traits to Marcus Thomas and Nick Fairley. Perfect fit if we switch back to the 4-3defense IMO.

I'll admit he hasn't shown much as a pro. But, he's still young and maybe a change of scenery will do him good.

I'd also like for the team to keep Thomas and Vickerson. Jettison the remainder of the DLmen unless they plan to switch between the 3-4 & 4-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    How about taking a look at Alan Branch in FA? I think he's being misused as a DE in AZ.

Dude was a monster at Michigan who's best asset was as a penetrating UT at 6'-6" 338 lbs. Very similar traits to Marcus Thomas and Nick Fairley. Perfect fit if we switch back to the 4-3defense IMO.

I'll admit he hasn't shown much as a pro. But, he's still young and maybe a change of scenery will do him good.

I'd also like for the team to keep Thomas and Vickerson. Jettison the remainder of the DLmen unless they plan to switch between the 3-4 & 4-3.
    I don't really think he's like Fairley or Thomas. Having said that, that doesnt mean it would be worth considering. I wouldn't necessarily want to pin my hopes on him. I'd want to hedge my bets by adding someone else too. I can't see why this guy would be terribly expensive.

3. The Following User High Fived Agent of Orange For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post

I think the knock on Branch coming out of college has mostly held true. Maybe he is being misused but it doesn't change the fact that the dude is lazy and takes plays off which is exactly what he did in college and what the big concern about him was.

There is a reason he dropped into the 2nd round of the draft that year. . .

5. The Following User High Fived jlarsiii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

JUST SAY NO...to Free Agents. Teams always end up overpaying and that makes it harder long term to keep their good draft picks. Green Bay, Pittsburgh, and New England rarely go after Free Agents. They look for the deals and make smart trades. Even the Jets mainly used the draft and trading to get their current squad. They added a few vet FAs to help for depth, but it's not their core.

For the anti-Fox bunch. Ya gott remember that the Panthers also accomplished what they did using mainly the draft. When was the last time they signed a FA (not already a Panther) who made a big impact? I really can't think of any. And I think Fox should be applauded for that. I prefer our team to be the players we chose and developed rather than who we bought...

...although I must say...I do like Tulloch a LOT. Given his youth, he would be the one guy I'd target if we went that route.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information