Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tarvaris Jackson Benched, Frerotte Starting rest of Year

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by REB View Post
    Gus should do a better job for them I think. He's definitely not a long term solution, but should be better then Jackson at this point.
    Yeah he should. Their starting WRs, Berrian and Rice, have a combined 5 receptions. As much as AP who tops their catch list with 5. That's not good.

And it's not like they got blown out in their 2 losses either. Indy beat them on a last second FG. Gus could make a huge diffrence for them.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Skinny For This Post:

Unless there's a real solid QB in the upcoming draft that they could get if they ended the season 9-7, they should try to trade some draft picks for Brady Quinn. He's been learning well under Chudinsky, is a quick study, and has great work ethic. They aren't division rivals with the Browns, so it's more likely possible.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

You know your team is in trouble when your starter is benched for Gus Ferotte.

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

I watched both Vikings games and I didn't think they even gave Jackson a chance to win the games...they were too busy trying to make sure he didn't lose it for them. Their play calling was way too conservative and not playing to Jackson's strengths. The Ferotte move sounds nice since he is a veteran QB, but Ferotte actually has a lower career completion % than Jackson...I'd let the young guy with upside try to figure things out.
    I NO LONGER support Rahim Moore.

Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck

Is Tavaris really THAT bad?? I mean, when you have a guy like AD in your backfield, that should make it easy to be a good QB. Obviously he must really be terrible if he can't make plays against a defense that is honed in on the guys behind him.

IMO the guy is playing too soon. A QB who has talent, but is a little rough around the edges needs time to develop. When you stick a guy like that on a Super Bowl caliber team, you are just asking for trouble. And now that you have benched him for the entire year, the guy is going to have absolutely NO confidence when you ask him to get back in there. He is much too young to have thick enough skin to deal with what he is dealing with now.

Just look at Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo, Tom Brady. That is how you transition a young QB who doesn't initially have the entire skillset to play in the NFL. Give them a couple years of camp, walk-thrus, practices, learning from a vet, etc. It's the best way to do it.

We lucked out with Cutler in that he already had the mindset of an NFL QB. And even then, it still took 2+ years before he really "got it".

8. The Following User High Fived LRtagger For This Post:

I don't know if they'll win more games, but Gus is the best QB for them right now...

Shame, had the kid hung on against Indy, everyone would be singing his praises instead of getting benched.

That's the N-F-L I guess...

10. The Following User High Fived Broncolingus For This Post:

REB

Quote Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
    Is Tavaris really THAT bad?? I mean, when you have a guy like AD in your backfield, that should make it easy to be a good QB. Obviously he must really be terrible if he can't make plays against a defense that is honed in on the guys behind him.

IMO the guy is playing too soon. A QB who has talent, but is a little rough around the edges needs time to develop. When you stick a guy like that on a Super Bowl caliber team, you are just asking for trouble. And now that you have benched him for the entire year, the guy is going to have absolutely NO confidence when you ask him to get back in there. He is much too young to have thick enough skin to deal with what he is dealing with now.

Just look at Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo, Tom Brady. That is how you transition a young QB who doesn't initially have the entire skillset to play in the NFL. Give them a couple years of camp, walk-thrus, practices, learning from a vet, etc. It's the best way to do it.

We lucked out with Cutler in that he already had the mindset of an NFL QB. And even then, it still took 2+ years before he really "got it".
    You're right, that's tons of pressure, specially for a QB still very raw in the basics.

The thing with the Childress, pointed out by a sports analyst (Fox?), is that he had chances to look at other QBs, but he didn't consider them. Why? He kept saying Tarvaris is their guy. Then after 2 whole games .....

paula creamer is hot!!! nice pic. i saw her live. that is one pretty...swing! hahaha

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information