Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 2 Power Rankings

Adopted Bronco:

Default Week 2 Power Rankings

32. Kansas City (0-2) - Completely owned by Oakland. That just doesnt even sound right

31. Detroit (0-2) - This team could screw up a good buzz. The team, like the organization, is pathetic.

30. St. Louis (0-2) - Tough schedule not helping

29. San Francisco (1-1) - OT win was nice, but beating Seattle isnt impressive enough

28. Atlanta (1-1) - Faced a decent opponent...back to reality

27. Cincinnati (0-2) - Miserable outing against a tough defense...again

26. Miami (0-2) - It's going to be a long season

25. Seattle (0-2) - Defense was the one thing they had going for them...til the 9ers decimated that

24. Oakland (1-1) - Looked decent...but didnt have much of an opponent

23. Baltimore (1-0) - Unscheduled BYE week.

22. Houston (0-1) - Unscheduled BYE week

21. Arizona (2-0) - 2-0 start...against really bad teams. They'll come back to Earth eventually.

20. NY Jets (1-1) - Too much talent to look this mediocre

19. Cleveland (0-2) - After focusing on fixing the run defense, they just cant stop the run.

18. Jacksonville (0-2) - Man-handled by Buffalo. Pre-season hopes are dying each week

17. Washington (1-1) - Stepped up against a strong Saints team. Could play havov in the NFC East

16. Minnesota (0-2) - 0-2, but looking pretty good while losing

15. Tennessee (2-0) - This defense will help them win a few games...Chris Johnson will help.

14. Tampa Bay (1-1) - Handled a solid running team. Can Griese lead them?

13. Chicago (1-1) - Hard to say they played bad against a mirror image team

12. New Orleans (1-1) - Tough loss to a mediocre team. Tough week ahead

11. Denver (2-0) - Is it better to be lucky than good? The defense and ST are not good and they got lucky on a bad call.

10. Pittsburgh (2-0) - Solid consistent Steelers football

9. Green Bay (2-0) - Rodgers continues to make the Favre trade look really good.

8. Carolina (2-0) - Two wins against two top defenses.

7. Buffalo (2-0) - I repeat...Most improved team in the NFL

6. Indianapolis (1-1) - Big comeback win...is that the new Colts gameplan?

5. San Diego (0-2) - Tough break after a big comeback. Best 0-2 team on the planet. If they can win a few calls, they'll still win 11 or more

4. Philadelphia (1-1) - Not bad to lose by 4 against a strong team, in their house, without your top 2 WR's

3. New England (2-0) - Maybe they can win with a high school QB and a weak schedule

2. NY Giants (2-0) - 6 sacks this week. I dont think losing Strahan and Umenyiora is hurting them...yet

1. Dallas (2-0) - Outlasted a really tough Philly team. Next week will be interesting

2. The Following 8 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

The sky is falling, the sky is falling.

Hate to see you be positive.

You mask your negativity in "well, I'm just being realistic".

Anyone that has any 0-2 team for any reason as a top five team has zero credibility.

Sorry, I'm just being realistic.
    [

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived MHCBill For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Their defense gives up 39 points and they are the best 0-2 team on the planet?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaa!

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

The Chargers give up 39 to a team that after 2 weeks is leading the NFL in PPG and YPG.

History tends to repeat itself, so I always look at history and how it relates to today. I'm reminded of how quickly everyone wrote off the 1993 Cowboys after they started 0-2 with their star running back not in the lineup, then missed key players all season due to injuries. Remind me again who it was that finished 12-4 that year and won the Super Bowl.

If the Chargers continue to lose, then I'll drop them down. In the meantime...I just dont think they are anywhere as bad as MOST would assume their current record dictates.

8. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

I think thats pretty spot on. The chargers are a real good team. They started out last year 0-2 i think. They will get to about 12-4. They have a super easy schedule to work with.

Still we should be ranked higher than them. After all we did beat them.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:

The Chargers are two last minute touchdowns away from being 2-0...and lets face it...does a bad call by a referee make a team bad? They came back from a big deficit and had the game won had it not been for a bad call. Last week, the refs missed one on the Gates fumble that lead to a Carolina TD.

Sorry if it pisses you all off, but two bad breaks keep the Chargers from being 2-0...that's not going to happen to them every week and they will be a team to reckon with. Quit looking at numbers on paper and be "realisitc". They are much better than their record indicates.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Their defense gives up 39 points and they are the best 0-2 team on the planet?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaa!
    San Diego
    Minnesota
    Detroit
    Seattle
    St. Louis
    Miami
    Cincinnati
    Cleveland
    Jacksonville
    Kansas City

Which of these 0-2 teams is the best? Prove it's someone other than SD and you can ridicule my statement all you want

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    The Chargers give up 39 to a team that after 2 weeks is leading the NFL in PPG and YPG.

History tends to repeat itself, so I always look at history and how it relates to today. I'm reminded of how quickly everyone wrote off the 1993 Cowboys after they started 0-2 with their star running back not in the lineup, then missed key players all season due to injuries. Remind me again who it was that finished 12-4 that year and won the Super Bowl.

If the Chargers continue to lose, then I'll drop them down. In the meantime...I just dont think they are anywhere as bad as MOST would assume their current record dictates.

I disagree. That Cowboys team had a much better defense and only gave up 35 points at the most to the defending Super Bowl Champion Redskins in the first game of the year without Emitt Smith to boot. Sure, the Chargers can turn it around and they are a good team but in no way do they deserve a 5 ranking with a piss poor defense like that. No way.

13. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I disagree. That Cowboys team had a much better defense and only gave up 35 points at the most to the defending Super Bowl Champion Redskins in the first game of the year without Emitt Smith to boot. Sure, the Chargers can turn it around and they are a good team but in no way do they deserve a 5 ranking with a piss poor defense like that. No way.
    Which is closer to the truth...the Chargers defense sucks...or the Broncos offense is really good.

Denver has played two solid defensive teams so far and put numbers up on both of them. I would lean more towards the Denver offense being really good right now than I would the SD defense being bad. No, it's not what it was, but it has been altered and needs to adjust to the loss of its best player.

If SD isnt a serious Super Bowl contender at the end of the season, i will be happy, but extremely shocked.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Which is closer to the truth...the Chargers defense sucks...or the Broncos offense is really good.

Denver has played two solid defensive teams so far and put numbers up on both of them. I would lean more towards the Denver offense being really good right now than I would the SD defense being bad. No, it's not what it was, but it has been altered and needs to adjust to the loss of its best player.

If SD isnt a serious Super Bowl contender at the end of the season, i will be happy, but extremely shocked.

I never stated they wouldnt be in the playoff hunt nor did i state that they wouldnt even have a winning record. Bad breaks happen to a lot of teams, thats not a valid excuse for a team to have massive defensive breakdowns in their first two games where they were winning. Im sorry you got offended by my comments but you did post your rankings up there to be talked about. There are a number of teams who are 1-1 that i would still put up ahead of both Denver and San Diego. But its your list, i just happen to disagree with the reasoning and outlook of your placement of the Chargers.

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

That's a rotten defense. No pressure on Jay all day. Top 5, not right now. They can have the title of "Best 0-2 team". Just like a few years ago when they were the "Best Non-Playoff Team". By the way what does that mean? They better watch how big a hole they dig for themselves this year because unlike last year there's another quality team in their division.

Don't be too quick to give them 12 wins. Their sked is far from easy with games against NE, Pittsburgh and Indy. Not to mention TB, NO, Buffalo and Denver again, non of which will be cake walks.

17. The Following User High Fived Flatinum For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Flatinum View Post
    That's a rotten defense. No pressure on Jay all day. Top 5, not right now. They can have the title of "Best 0-2 team". Just like a few years ago when they were the "Best Non-Playoff Team". By the way what does that mean? They better watch how big a hole they dig for themselves this year because unlike last year there's another quality team in their division.

Don't be too quick to give them 12 wins. Their sked is far from easy with games against NE, Pittsburgh and Indy. Not to mention TB, NO, Buffalo and Denver again, non of which will be cake walks.

It just kind of cracks me up that both Denver and San Diego have good offenses but poor defenses and yet one is 2-0 and ranked 11th while the other one is 0-2 and ranked 5th. I just have to shake my head. And the basis for that is on a bad call that going by the current rules of the NFL was the correct call. Not too mention that same Charger defense could not only stop Denver from scoring a TD but scoring a 2 point conversion WITH THE SAME EXACT ROUTE. Then, after all that the Chargers offense still almost got into FG range to win it but yet still couldnt get it done.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

It just kind of cracks me up that both Denver and San Diego have good offenses but poor defenses and yet one is 2-0 and ranked 11th while the other one is 0-2 and ranked 5th. I just have to shake my head. And the basis for that is on a bad call that going by the current rules of the NFL was the correct call. Not too mention that same Charger defense could not only stop Denver from scoring a TD but scoring a 2 point conversion WITH THE SAME EXACT ROUTE. Then, after all that the Chargers offense still almost got into FG range to win it but yet still couldnt get it done.
    Not to mention it was that same defense that allowed Carolina to march down the field and score a game winning td the week before. That great Carolina offense - minus S.Smith. The Chargers offense is very good, they're defense is very overrated. All I hear about is all the talent they have on defense - where is it? Where was that dominant Dline the past two weeks, how about that great secondary. Please spare me that they were missing their "One Dimensional" best defensive player. An average to below average defense is what the Chargers have.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived Flatinum For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

You can't please homers unless Denver's No. 1...good job Coach...commend you for putting your opinion out there and on the line.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    You can't please homers unless Denver's No. 1...good job Coach...commend you for putting your opinion out there and on the line.
    Dont generalize, it comes off tacky. I never said Denver had to be #1. His opinion is fine but i disagree with it. If he cant handle it, thats not my problem.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information