Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 4-3/3-4/Tampa 2

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Coyer....he was not given a fair shake here. We made a huge mistake when we let him go.
    Tell me about it. That guy's defenses where always greater than the sum of it's parts and Coyer did that while constantly having to change his scheme to fit whatever dumb**** ideas Shanahan had on defensive personnel. It was almost as bad as the whole Bates/Slowik debacle in 2007.
    “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.”

--Vince Lombardi

2. The Following User High Fived Bosco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    Tell me about it. That guy's defenses where always greater than the sum of it's parts and Coyer did that while constantly having to change his scheme to fit whatever dumb**** ideas Shanahan had on defensive personnel. It was almost as bad as the whole Bates/Slowik debacle in 2007.
    Makes ya wonder how good he could've been had shanny deferred his dafting to people in the know.
    Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

4. The Following User High Fived rcsodak For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak View Post
    Makes ya wonder how good he could've been had shanny deferred his dafting to people in the know.
    Would have greatly helped the offense too.
    “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.”

--Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Coyer....he was not given a fair shake here. We made a huge mistake when we let him go.

Disagree. I see it like the champ portis trade. What we did was right. The person we picked to replace them was not....(bates/tatum bell)

Coyer- Predictable, NON ADJUSTING, any good passing team will chew the team apart. 100%- hands down. And often times it was the slot wr...he would own us in everyway possible. With our guys on little zones and such. How many 3rd/4th quarter leads did the broncos blow the last 2 years he was our DC? I do not know the number but I remember watching all these games and just praying we didnt blow it and lose...The raiders, falcons, bengals, steelers are games I can think of off the top of my head...might be more- imo there are..

I do not think coyers defenses are very good. Hell, the last 2 years we, the broncos, have lost to indy by 1 td in both games and had a shot right until the very end. Coyer is over rated and old. Sure he is head and shoulders above what we replaced him with. But had we gotten a proper dc in the beginning I think we would not even be talking about it. I am not a coyer fan.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Would have greatly helped the offense too.
    Undoubtedly. Elway said having a good defense saved him from pressing, early on, and the pressure of having to score 30+pts/game.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Disagree. I see it like the champ portis trade. What we did was right. The person we picked to replace them was not....(bates/tatum bell)

Coyer- Predictable, NON ADJUSTING, any good passing team will chew the team apart. 100%- hands down. And often times it was the slot wr...he would own us in everyway possible. With our guys on little zones and such. How many 3rd/4th quarter leads did the broncos blow the last 2 years he was our DC? I do not know the number but I remember watching all these games and just praying we didnt blow it and lose...The raiders, falcons, bengals, steelers are games I can think of off the top of my head...might be more- imo there are..

I do not think coyers defenses are very good. Hell, the last 2 years we, the broncos, have lost to indy by 1 td in both games and had a shot right until the very end. Coyer is over rated and old. Sure he is head and shoulders above what we replaced him with. But had we gotten a proper dc in the beginning I think we would not even be talking about it. I am not a coyer fan.
    Wasn't unemployed for very long for being so sucky, 29.

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak View Post
    Wasn't unemployed for very long for being so sucky, 29.

same could be said for josh mcdaniels.....just sayin
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

same could be said for josh mcdaniels.....just sayin
    Apples to donuts......just sayin

Coyer- Predictable, NON ADJUSTING
    Yeah, that's bullshit. Seems to be a pretty boilerplate cliche' as well.

Fact: 95% of fans are not knowledgeable enough to spot defensive adjustments from a TV broadcast.

--Vince Lombardi

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Yeah, that's bullshit. Seems to be a pretty boilerplate cliche' as well.

Fact: 95% of fans are not knowledgeable enough to spot defensive adjustments from a TV broadcast.
    Fact: your stated "fact" is not a fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

13. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Fact: your stated "fact" is not a fact.
    Some aren't quite sure what facts are.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Thought this was an interesting thread, so I tried to come up with a list with the coach's particular scheme:

Code:
    Team               	Coordinator	Base	Scheme                             	Coaching Tree
    Buffalo Bills        	George Edwards	4-3	3-Gap, Speedy, Cover-2             	Jimmy Johnson/Dave Wannstedt/Joe Gibbs
    Miami Dolphins   	Mike Nolan	3-4	2-Gap, Read and React, Man Coverage	Dan Reeves/Brian Billick/Bill Walsh
    New England Patriots	Bill Belichick	3-4	2-Gap, Aggressive, Man Coverage   	Bill Parcells
    New York Jets    	Mike Pettine	3-4	2-Gap, Aggressive, Zone Blitz          	Bill Walsh/Dennis Green/Brian Billick
    Baltimore Ravens	Chuck Pagano	3-4	2-Gap, Aggressive, Man Coverage   	Butch Davis/John Harbough
    Cincinnati Bengals	Mike Zimmer	4-3	3-Gap, Speedy, Cover-2             	Barry Switzer
    Cleveland Browns	Dick Jauron	4-3	3-Gap, Read and React, Cover-2     	Marv Levy/Tom Coughlin
    Pittsburgh Steelers	Dick LeBeau	3-4	2-Gap, Aggressive, Zone Blitz          	Dick LeBeau
    Houston Texans  	Wade Phillips	3-4	1-Gap, Aggressive, Zone Blitz          	Dan Reeves
    Indianapolis Colts	Larry Coyer	4-3	3-Gap, Read and React, Cover-2     	Bill Walsh/Mike Shanahan
    Jacksonville Jaguars	Mel Tucker	4-3	3-Gap, Speedy, Aggressive, Cover-2     	Jack Del Rio
    Tennessee Titans	Jerry Gray	4-3	3-Gap, Speedy, Aggressive, Cover-2     	Jeff Fisher/Gregg Williams
    Denver Bronco   	Dennis Allen	4-3	3-Gap, Speedy, Aggressive, Cover-2	Sean Payton/Gregg Williams
    Kansas City Chiefs	Romeo Crennel	3-4	2-Gap, Aggressive, Man Coverage   	Bill Parcells/Bill Belichick
    Oakland Raiders 	Chuck Bresnahan	4-3	3-Gap, Speedy, Cover-2             	Marvin Lewis
    San Diego Chargers	Greg Manusky	3-4	2-Gap, Read and React, Man Coverage	Mike Singletary
    Dallas Cowboys  	Rob Ryan	3-4	2-Gap, Aggressive, Man Coverage   	Bill Belichick/Romeo Crennel
    New York Giants 	Perry Fewell	4-3	3-Gap, Read and React, Cover-2     	Lovie Smith/Dick Jauron
    Philadelphia Eagles	Juan Castillo	4-3	3-Gap, Read and React, Cover-2     	Andy Reid
    Washington Redskins	Jim Haslett	4-3	2-Gap, Aggressive, Man Coverage    	Bill Cowher
    Chicago Bears    	Rod Marinelli	4-3	3-Gap, Read and React, Cover-2     	Tony Dungy
    Detroit Lions      	G. Cunningham	3-4	3-Gap, Speedy, Aggressive, Man Coverage	Marty Schottenheimer
    Green Bay Packers	Dom Capers	3-4	2-Gap, Aggressive, Man Coverage    	Bill Cowher
    Minnesota Vikings	Fred Pagac	4-3	3-Gap, Speedy, Aggressive, Man Coverage	Herm Edwards/Brad Childress
    Atlanta Falcons   	Brian VanGorder	4-3	3-Gap, Read and React, Cover-2     	Mark Richt
    Carolina Panthers	Sean McDermott	4-3	3-Gap, Read and React, Cover-2     	Andy Reid
    New Orleans Saints	Gregg Williams	4-3	3-Gap, Speedy, Aggressive, Cover-2	Jeff Fisher
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers	Raheem Morris	4-3	1-Gap, Read and React, Tampa 2    	Jon Gruden
    Arizona Cardinals	Ray Horton	3-4	2-Gap, Aggressive, Zone Blitz          	Dick LeBeau
    St. Louis Rams   	Ken Flajole	4-3	3-Gap, Speedy, Aggressive, Cover-2	Mike Holmgren/John Fox
    San Francisco 49ers	Vic Fangio	3-4	1-Gap, Aggressive, Zone Blitz      	Dom Capers/Jim Harbough/John Harbaugh
    Seattle Seahawks	Casey Bradley	4-3	3-Gap, Read and React, Cover-2     	Jon Gruden/Pete Carroll
    Always open for corrections. This is just me scouring the internet for schemes and coaching trees, so I'm sure there's something wrong on there. Plus, a few teams that we don't know exactly what they are going to run yet for certain.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

16. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Thought this was an interesting thread, so I tried to come up with a list with the coach's particular scheme:

Code:
    Team               	Coordinator	Base	Scheme                             	Coaching Tree
    Buffalo Bills        	George Edwards	4-3	3-Gap, Speedy, Cover-2             	Jimmy Johnson/Dave Wannstedt/Joe Gibbs
    Miami Dolphins   	Mike Nolan	3-4	2-Gap, Read and React, Man Coverage	Dan Reeves/Brian Billick/Bill Walsh
    New England Patriots	Bill Belichick	3-4	2-Gap, Aggressive, Man Coverage   	Bill Parcells
    New York Jets    	Mike Pettine	3-4	2-Gap, Aggressive, Zone Blitz          	Bill Walsh/Dennis Green/Brian Billick
    Baltimore Ravens	Chuck Pagano	3-4	2-Gap, Aggressive, Man Coverage   	Butch Davis/John Harbough
    Cincinnati Bengals	Mike Zimmer	4-3	3-Gap, Speedy, Cover-2             	Barry Switzer
    Cleveland Browns	Dick Jauron	4-3	3-Gap, Read and React, Cover-2     	Marv Levy/Tom Coughlin
    Pittsburgh Steelers	Dick LeBeau	3-4	2-Gap, Aggressive, Zone Blitz          	Dick LeBeau
    Houston Texans  	Wade Phillips	3-4	1-Gap, Aggressive, Zone Blitz          	Dan Reeves
    Indianapolis Colts	Larry Coyer	4-3	3-Gap, Read and React, Cover-2     	Bill Walsh/Mike Shanahan
    Jacksonville Jaguars	Mel Tucker	4-3	3-Gap, Speedy, Aggressive, Cover-2     	Jack Del Rio
    Tennessee Titans	Jerry Gray	4-3	3-Gap, Speedy, Aggressive, Cover-2     	Jeff Fisher/Gregg Williams
    Denver Bronco   	Dennis Allen	4-3	3-Gap, Speedy, Aggressive, Cover-2	Sean Payton/Gregg Williams
    Kansas City Chiefs	Romeo Crennel	3-4	2-Gap, Aggressive, Man Coverage   	Bill Parcells/Bill Belichick
    Oakland Raiders 	Chuck Bresnahan	4-3	3-Gap, Speedy, Cover-2             	Marvin Lewis
    San Diego Chargers	Greg Manusky	3-4	2-Gap, Read and React, Man Coverage	Mike Singletary
    Dallas Cowboys  	Rob Ryan	3-4	2-Gap, Aggressive, Man Coverage   	Bill Belichick/Romeo Crennel
    New York Giants 	Perry Fewell	4-3	3-Gap, Read and React, Cover-2     	Lovie Smith/Dick Jauron
    Philadelphia Eagles	Juan Castillo	4-3	3-Gap, Read and React, Cover-2     	Andy Reid
    Washington Redskins	Jim Haslett	4-3	2-Gap, Aggressive, Man Coverage    	Bill Cowher
    Chicago Bears    	Rod Marinelli	4-3	3-Gap, Read and React, Cover-2     	Tony Dungy
    Detroit Lions      	G. Cunningham	3-4	3-Gap, Speedy, Aggressive, Man Coverage	Marty Schottenheimer
    Green Bay Packers	Dom Capers	3-4	2-Gap, Aggressive, Man Coverage    	Bill Cowher
    Minnesota Vikings	Fred Pagac	4-3	3-Gap, Speedy, Aggressive, Man Coverage	Herm Edwards/Brad Childress
    Atlanta Falcons   	Brian VanGorder	4-3	3-Gap, Read and React, Cover-2     	Mark Richt
    Carolina Panthers	Sean McDermott	4-3	3-Gap, Read and React, Cover-2     	Andy Reid
    New Orleans Saints	Gregg Williams	4-3	3-Gap, Speedy, Aggressive, Cover-2	Jeff Fisher
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers	Raheem Morris	4-3	1-Gap, Read and React, Tampa 2    	Jon Gruden
    Arizona Cardinals	Ray Horton	3-4	2-Gap, Aggressive, Zone Blitz          	Dick LeBeau
    St. Louis Rams   	Ken Flajole	4-3	3-Gap, Speedy, Aggressive, Cover-2	Mike Holmgren/John Fox
    San Francisco 49ers	Vic Fangio	3-4	1-Gap, Aggressive, Zone Blitz      	Dom Capers/Jim Harbough/John Harbaugh
    Seattle Seahawks	Casey Bradley	4-3	3-Gap, Read and React, Cover-2     	Jon Gruden/Pete Carroll
    Always open for corrections. This is just me scouring the internet for schemes and coaching trees, so I'm sure there's something wrong on there. Plus, a few teams that we don't know exactly what they are going to run yet for certain.
    Mo, you have WAY too much time on your hands.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information