Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "Agony and Glory of Fantasy Football" Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Talking The Official "Agony and Glory of Fantasy Football" Thread

want to boast about how your 15th round afterthought is tearing up the league, or how your gutsy decision to play chad pennington over peyton manning paid big dividends? need to bitch about how two of your top three picks are out for the season, and the other one isn't doing shit?

this is the place. . .

and i'm going to get the ball rolling with a big **** you! to drew brees. . . i swear, this frickin' dude just kills me! he is quite obviously capable of putting up huge numbers, why the hell does he always seem to let me down? if i leave him on the bench he has a monster game-- and then as soon as i put him back in the lineup he promptly lays an egg. . .

bastage! i hate you drew brees!

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:

i also want to thank ryan grant for the TWO friggin' points he gave me-- thanks a lot, jackass! good thing i played philyss rivers instead of carson "useless" palmer in that league-- 28 points instead of 3. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Steven Jackson is one of my agony's. And i started LJ over Forte this week and i knew and had a gut feeling i should have played Forte but did'nt.

LJ=2
    Forte=11

I'm sticking with my gut next time.

On a positive note, i was able to pick up Aaron Rodgers in one league when i only had Hasselbeck at QB. Played him yesterday and he put up 31 points for me (Hasselbeck scored 4). Hooray!

4. The Following User High Fived Skinny For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    Steven Jackson is one of my agony's. And i started LJ over Forte this week and i knew and had a gut feeling i should have played Forte but did'nt.

LJ=2
    Forte=11

I'm sticking with my gut next time.

On a positive note, i was able to pick up Aaron Rodgers in one league when i only had Hasselbeck at QB. Played him yesterday and he put up 31 points for me (Hasselbeck scored 4). Hooray!

i've got Sjax in both of my keeper leagues. . .

i'm not super worried just yet, though. . . i think he'll be better once he has a few games under his belt and is back to full football shape. . . that O-line is a mess, though. . .
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i've got Sjax in both of my keeper leagues. . .

i'm not super worried just yet, though. . . i think he'll be better once he has a few games under his belt and is back to full football shape. . . that O-line is a mess, though. . .
    Yeah, i really don't have a choice but to stick it out with Jackson, he's the only true stud i have in that league. Maroney is my other starter and he splits an awful lot of carries with Morris and Faulk.

The same could probably be said for Brees too as far as not worrying too much. He started off really slow through his first 6 games last year than absolutely lit it up!

What can you do, you got to ride your studs.

In one of my leagues, I started:

QB Jay Cutler
    QB Philip Rivers
    RB LenDale White
    RB Edgerrin James
    RB Chris Johnson
    WR Brandon Marshall
    WR Chris Chambers
    WR Anquan Boldin
    WR Devin Hester
    TE Kevin Boss
    TE Dante Rosario
    K Sebastian Janikowski
    K David Akers
    DEF San Diego
    DEF Minnesota
    D Charles Woodson
    DL DeMarcus Ware

I'm up by 188 points with Akers left. But in a few leagues, Braylon "Don't call me Chris Tucker" Edwards is killing me!

8. The Following User High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Losing .....
    Tom Brady
    Colston
    LT
    MJD
    and wait......... Here it comes....
    Moss

All on the same squad........ This is why I dont Draft Broncos!
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

10. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Dog- right there with ya with brees. I still won, but had i started cutler I would have had a score of about 150-.. Thats super high for my league, usually you will win your game with about 55pts. Reason i say this is in our league 10% of the $1000+ dollars in our league goes to the guy with the highest 1 week individual score. I know i would have won that had brees not killed me or i started Jay.

Also- Derek F'ing Anderson, I was never high on him, but he was the ONLY QB available when i picked- yes jay,rothlis,phyliss, all of those players gone before my 2nd pick.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek "aaarrruuuuuu" Wolfe

Screw Jackson of the Eagles and his premature ejaculation of the ball before he crossed the goal line!! Might not have got me the win, but it sure didn't help my cause.

PEACE!!!
    SAKUNA MATATA - Black Forest, CO

^Thanks MasterShake^

13. The Following User High Fived AlWilsonizKING For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

I passed on Westbrook for Addai. I also drafted McGahee in the 3rd round.

However, I also passed on Tom Brady in the 1st round of a 2 QB league after I was about a split second from clicking the 'Draft' button. I ended up taking Gore. I also found gems in Forte, Chris Johnson, and Calvin Johnson (got him in the 5th and 6th in 2 leagues). All my teams look good barring injuries and I am 8-2 after 2 weeks thanks to Cutler, Marshall, and Scheff. I am awesome.
    I NO LONGER support Rahim Moore.

Not much to bitch about at the moment for me. I'm 2-0 in all 3 of my leagues. One is a 3 keeper, another is a redraft money league, and the last one is a for the hell of it redraft. All hosted at MFL. Had high score in my money league this pass Sunday. I don't know how long this can last

Nothin' but nothin' but Great in 2k8!

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

I just picked up MJD of the waiver wire from the 8 spot. First of all, why would you simply drop MJD? Secondly, how the hell did he not get picked up by 1 of the 7 guys in front of me on the waiver order? I know not everyone checks out the waiver wire all the time, but 7 guys? C'mon! I'm not sure why I am complaining, though.
    I NO LONGER support Rahim Moore.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by honz View Post
    I just picked up MJD of the waiver wire from the 8 spot. First of all, why would you simply drop MJD? Secondly, how the hell did he not get picked up by 1 of the 7 guys in front of me on the waiver order? I know not everyone checks out the waiver wire all the time, but 7 guys? C'mon! I'm not sure why I am complaining, though.
    seven idiots, you mean. . . .
    - John Elway

18. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

After 4 weeks I am 4-0, 4-0, and 3-1 in my 3 leagues. Hot start! I hope I can keep it up.

Nothin' but nothin' but Great in 2k8!

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

I'm super glad that I started Isaac Bruce last week over L. Coles... and I still have Devin Hester and T. Jackson sitting on my bench for some reason. My team has 0 depth.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

21. The Following User High Fived Broncospsycho77 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information